Uneven growth in hydro system

It's just that they actually looked a bit "burned" where it is turning red, not long and whispy like the white hairs are.

I just did another rez change today, made sure all my nutes were properly mixed in the right proportions, but even with adding almost only half strength my ppm's are at around 1120 or so.

I scored a couple free bottles of Z9 from my local hydro shop for free, they got them as samples and passed them on to me as I mentioned I'm already using it, but I just noticed it has a best before date of September 2017 written on it.

Do you think it is still safe to use?

I think I'm gonna dilute the nutes a bit, I'm sure my roma tomatoes and squash will be happy to have a bucket of goodies come their way :)
I'm not exactly sure how if I followed the nutes instructions closely, and cut the portions in half how I ended up with pretty much full strength.
Must be the cal-mag and the Z9 as well as the tap water which starts off at 85ppm.

I actually measured and logged the pH and the PPM after adding each nute, so I know exactly what is doing what.

It's the trio of GH Flora micro, flora grow and flora bloom.

Added in this order:
Z9
Cal-mag
Flora Micro
Flora grow
Flora Bloom

I ran outta Flora micro, so when I did my last flush and rez change I only had like 10ml of it left to add, but i just bought more, so this time I added the Flora micro and it seemed to really boost the ppm's before anything else was even added.

After I added the flora bloom, the pH immediately fell from 6.8 to 5.8 (my tap water is pH 7.1) and the ppm's rose up to that high number.

I just took a 5 gal bucket of the nutes outta the rez, and replaced it with straight tap water, and the ppm's are now at 1050, the pH is now at 6.0. Geesh.

I even had my wife help with the calculations to ensure I didn't mess it up, lol.

It's that darn Flora micro, every time I add it something weird happens.

I wasn't gonna use it again, but the guy at the hydro shop said I absolutely had to add it as part of the trio.

So is it OK to just dilute it with fresh water down to the recommended strength at this point?

I'm gonna change to something else when this grow is done, I am totally against Bayer/Monsanto as it is, they are slowly killing everyone on the planet, so I can't support that being a cancer survivor.

I'm going in for my 12th CAT scan tomorrow, if all clear, I'll be considered cancer free since it has been 5 years :)

The other thing I'm noticing is that there is not near as much smell at 3 weeks flower than there was while in late veg. Weird.

So can I just dilute the nutes with straight water?
I'm sure they are mixed at the right proportion, they are just too strong for some reason.

Thanks, I'll pH adjust after adding the water and removing some nutes :)

I just don't know how it's so out of wack when I am SO careful to follow the instructions and ratios and then divide by two, lol.
I thought the amount of Flora bloom seemed kinda high.

Got things under control now, the ppm's are around 800 now, and the pH is at 5.8.
I can see the pH starting to do that dropping thing slightly, but at least now I know what to expect, and I am standing ready with the pH up to adjust, lol.
:)

What do you say the ideal pH is?
I keep reading different things, but they only give a range, not an "ideal" pH.

Back
Top Bottom