Uneven growth in hydro system

Thanks brother :)
I'm chompin at the bit to harvest now, the trichs are partially cloudy on most plants, and the skunk candy upper leaves are literally getting crispy and dying.
I cut down half the green crack plant (which is why I could see the flowers on the blue dream that were previously covered) trimmed it and hung it to dry.
When I harvest the rest of that green crack plant I want to see if I can tell the difference in the effect it has on me compared to the part that was harvested early.

I'll take some picks and post them tomorrow, they are enjoying a rest in the dark currently :) :oops:

The critical mass and the skunk candy are the only plants that grew decent sized buds, and didn't appear all messed up and pollinated.

I guess I'll know once I harvest them and crack open some buds if there are any seeds in those ones.

I'm considering scrapping everything now and starting all over from seed as pretty much all my plants went hermie, and therefore my clones will probably have that tendency, and in addition, those annoying fungus gnats that have been driving me nuts for the past month need to be eradicated once and for all.

H202 and water, mixed, 4/1, pour in soil if that's where they are

Also do some traps, home remedies, Google em

Too bad on the hermies, best to start those over if yer sure it's genetics and not stress

Thanks for the gnat advice :)
I've googled it before, everyone has a different opinion, I thought neem oil would be the best remedy until you told me that, thanks :)
The problem is that I took the clones from heat stressed parents, from what I understand, this leads to a high likelyhood of the clones being hermies also.

I already turfed my green crack clones because they were indeed suddenly covered in nutsacks, doh.

I have one decent female skunk candy clone, I'm gonna hold onto that as a mother, and flower out a clone from that and see if it hermies.

I sure hope not, this grow seriously has been a damage control situation form the get go, I guess all things considered, I did OK :)
This next winter grow is gonna be totally different, and I'm gonna grow one strain only this time, keeps things even and consistent, better to scrogg one stain.

I think I'm gonna go with Dinafem Purple Orange CBD. Do you know anything about strain, good or bad?

I see your considering what strain to grow yourself for your next grow.
I thought about autos too, but most of them just don't yield as much as photoperiod plants do, unless you know of an exception.
Cant thank you enough for the advice along the way brother :)

I'm wondering if I should grow in soil, or in my RDWC setup again this winter.
I have to say, your skunk candy did quite well for a soil grow as compared to some plants in the hydro, and the hydro was a severe pain this grow, while the soil was no hassle at all.
Hmmm...what to do.

I've got a nice sample stalk of skunk candy hanging to dry a few feet from my bed, it smells perdy in here, lol.

Do you have the hydros plumbed in series or parallel? Do you know what I mean by that? It almost looks like the growth tapers from the healthiest in one of your first shots clockwise to the smallest. If it is in series, I'd wonder if the first plant were getting over fed and the smallest underfed The first plant is first at the trough.

Don't know anything about hydro, and not a lot about soil, but I do know series and parallel and can see it possibly applied here, possibly.

It's in series, but, a feed line goes from the rez and enters into the tube connecting the last 2 buckets furthest from the reservoir, then, comes back through the 2 buckets closest to the rez, hope that makes sense.
I designed it that way in case roots plugged one side or the other :)

I'm realizing now that the "uneven" growth in this setup is caused by 2 things, first, I had a mutant phenotype that was a POS that hardly produced (green crack) and second that I have 5 different strains going in the same grow. I won't be doing that again!

I had 3 harlequins in the beginning in soil, all treated the exact same, one was male, one was hermie, and the female suddenly just stunted and didn't grow anymore like the other plants did. It had the same light, same nutes, same everything, but just didn't grow like the male and the fem that went hermie did.

Genetic mean almost everything.

My main problem is bending down and trying to reach the plants in behind, as my back and hip won't let me do that.
That's why I built the RDWC so I wouldn't have to reach back to administer individual buckets.
I couldn't even manage to bend down to see flowers growing on the back plants, lol.

Thanks Penny, fat, sassy and seedy, lol.
Look at how odd that green crack grew, does it always have that weird leaf/bud structure or is that just because it got pollinated by the blue dream?

Back
Top Bottom