Unidentifiable pest found! Help!

Bartydiggerman

Had a check on my #HulkBerry @8 Days and came across this fuxker!!!!
Do I need to start worrying?
It’s 3mm long so struggled to get a really clear picture I’ve lost my jewellers loupe new on way so may be able to get a better picture in future but hopefully it’s just a random insect, I dunno but I’m kinda concerned
B3033DE1-ABB2-4173-BA44-FD85A2317DA9.jpeg

The seedlings ain’t been in or near main grow room so going forwards that’s still sound to use
Ill be checking on them to see if any more appear

ANY HELP APPRECIATED
Oh I’m in Uk if pests differ in home soil or abroad????

From a worried 1st timer :-(

Hope now I found it and removed it, they don’t suffer any ill effects
Monitored them ALL day yesterday before night cycle all clear

No other signs as yet

closest thing I can relate it to is some kind of beetle

It’s 3mm long so struggled to get a really clear picture I’ve lost my jewellers loupe new on way so may be able to get a better picture in future but hopefully it’s just a random insect, I dunno but I’m kinda concerned

ANY HELP APPRECIATED
Well now you have done it. Sent me on a 2 and a 1/2 day project looking at pictures of bugs in the UK. Have not found anything yet that looks just like that bug but what I figured so far.

It is some sort of fly, as in a house fly, black fly, horse-fly or blow fly based on body shape and the wings are exposed. Most, if not all, beetles have a plate or covering over their wings so I think that rules those out. The beetles move that covering out of the way when they want to use the wings. The wings on your critter are exposed, not covered, and the wings extend past the end of the body. Wings on a beetle end at the end of the body. That insect does not look like a dragonfly or mayfly.

OK, I went back to all the open tabs of insects on my computer moniter and I might have found something. There is a family of common flies that your critter might belong to. Several pictures for a Phoridae family fly do look similar. Plus the size is right since they can range from super tiny at .5 mm up to 5 mm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoridae

If you find more take some photos and let us know.

Well now you have done it. Sent me on a 2 and a 1/2 day project looking at pictures of bugs in the UK. Have not found anything yet that looks just like that bug but what I figured so far.

It is some sort of fly, as in a house fly, black fly, horse-fly or blow fly based on body shape and the wings are exposed. Most, if not all, beetles have a plate or covering over their wings so I think that rules those out. The beetles move that covering out of the way when they want to use the wings. The wings on your critter are exposed, not covered, and the wings extend past the end of the body. Wings on a beetle end at the end of the body. That insect does not look like a dragonfly or mayfly.

OK, I went back to all the open tabs of insects on my computer moniter and I might have found something. There is a family of common flies that your critter might belong to. Several pictures for a Phoridae family fly do look similar. Plus the size is right since they can range from super tiny at .5 mm up to 5 mm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoridae

If you find more take some photos and let us know.
I appreciate your hard work, you found more than I did!

A+

from the wiki link it described exactly how I came across it scuttling rather than flying so you may well Have got it on the money!

I’ll update photos if I come across anything...

thanks again brother :cool:
E96EE953-57E5-4AA8-B765-39A265291A3E.png
this is IT!
Found in oak trees apparently so dunno how it’s ended up in my new pot/new grow medium...

Peace ✌️

Im a first timer too. In the UK. I came up against a little bugger on a couple of occasions. Unidentified. Any more problems?
Hope now I found it and removed it, they don’t suffer any ill effects
Monitored them ALL day yesterday before night cycle all clear

No other signs as yet

closest thing I can relate it to is some kind of bee

Peace ✌️

Im a first timer too. In the UK. I came up against a little bugger on a couple of occasions. Unidentified. Any more problems?
This is it. They look similar?

20230322_143210.jpg

Nah bro I not come across another of that kind, had thrips back end of summer am now I’ve got a few white “aphid type” only few spotted tried a generic bug spray off Amazon-done nothing
So gonna try either neem or dish soap mix see how that goes, can post in a week or so on results 💪🏼

Had a check on my #HulkBerry @8 Days and came across this fuxker!!!!
Do I need to start worrying?
B3033DE1-ABB2-4173-BA44-FD85A2317DA9.jpeg

The seedlings ain’t been in or near main grow room so going forwards that’s still sound to use
Ill be checking on them to see if any more appear

ANY HELP APPRECIATED

From a worried 1st timer :-(
Doesn’t look like anything I ever seen but I’m in the U.S. CL🍀

@StonedCrumpet Your picture is not clear enough to identify the creature.

Just wanted to let you know this is an old thread. If you can get a better picture of your critter, it would be better to post a new thread for people to help you specifically.

ETA: Nevermind, it appears you did already make your own thread.

Back
Top Bottom