Tiny unidentified pest

Hey all,

I've unfortunately found what at least looks to be a small pest on my seedlings. They are only super young so it's a bit of a nightmare but hopefully i can either solve the issue or start over with no major impacts. The tent is right next to my flower tent also though which is a possible concern.

Let me preface by saying nearly every issue I've posted here has turned out to be nothing major at all, so I'm hoping that the same is true and this is actually just a bit of bark or something and I'm worrying for no reason... :rofl: With that said, here's the possible suspect in question:
whatisthispest.jpg

This is absolutely tiny, the seedlings are only a few days old. I had to get this still from a video as I couldn't focus on something so small with my camera, it does appear to be bug shaped and sitting on my seedlings stalk but I'm not certain lol... 🤷‍♂️

Here's another seedling next to the one above with what could also be suspect stuff on top? Or absolutely nothing I don't know :rofl:
seedling3.jpg

Anyone seen one of these before? Any tips on what I should do? Am I just tripping? :thanks: Thanks in advance lol!

what’s up Weffalo?

Old eyes here so can not confirm or deny

I’ve used masking tape to lift suspected critters off of various plant parts for closer inspection, or use toothpick to dislodge and white sheet of paper underneath to catch it….once caught then prop your camera for stability to get a better image

bugguide.net has mug shots of pests.

I also add tiny bit of SNS mixed with water and drop it with pippetter to start ipm protection early

Hey all,

I've unfortunately found what at least looks to be a small pest on my seedlings. They are only super young so it's a bit of a nightmare but hopefully i can either solve the issue or start over with no major impacts. The tent is right next to my flower tent also though which is a possible concern.

Let me preface by saying nearly every issue I've posted here has turned out to be nothing major at all, so I'm hoping that the same is true and this is actually just a bit of bark or something and I'm worrying for no reason... :rofl: With that said, here's the possible suspect in question:
whatisthispest.jpg

This is absolutely tiny, the seedlings are only a few days old. I had to get this still from a video as I couldn't focus on something so small with my camera, it does appear to be bug shaped and sitting on my seedlings stalk but I'm not certain lol... 🤷‍♂️

Here's another seedling next to the one above with what could also be suspect stuff on top? Or absolutely nothing I don't know :rofl:
seedling3.jpg

Anyone seen one of these before? Any tips on what I should do? Am I just tripping? :thanks: Thanks in advance lol!
Did you see it move? It’s really hard to tell from your picture. Poke it with something to see if it moves. CL🍀

Looks like a piece of peat moss. Lol
It very well could be :rofl: I hope it is @Chrondocious :thanks:

what’s up Weffalo?

Old eyes here so can not confirm or deny

I’ve used masking tape to lift suspected critters off of various plant parts for closer inspection, or use toothpick to dislodge and white sheet of paper underneath to catch it….once caught then prop your camera for stability to get a better image

bugguide.net has mug shots of pests.

I also add tiny bit of SNS mixed with water and drop it with pippetter to start ipm protection early
Hey @013 your always here to reply to those in need, thank you bro :green_heart:

All great tips thank you, I'll try extract the bug/peat so I can inspect it closer :thanks: 🙏

Did you see it move? It’s really hard to tell from your picture. Poke it with something to see if it moves. CL🍀
No I didn't see it move :rofl: On my camera/full resolution it looks very much like a bug, I can even make out small antenna... but it could still be peat moss & paranoia :rofl: Thanks @CaptainLucky :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom