Journal #1 - The Amazon Strain'Four'est - 2023

StonedCrumpet

Good weed comes to those with money...

Better weed comes to those with friends...

The best weed comes to those who grow...

I have really anticipated this long awaited first journal. I decided against documenting my maiden garden as I really wanted to touch base with mother nature - just to make sure she'd be good to me, and she was.

I learnt that the key ingredients are not just nutes, but love, time and patience. I also absorbed key knowledge from a handful of members here who really got me from seedling to harvest. Thanks again 🙏🏻

In this journal I really hope to portray my gratitude with an awesome and knowledgable diary. Documenting
the detailed, accurate and hopefully successful life of four individually exotic strains.

The Amazon Strain'Four'est

I have really anticipated this long awaited first journal. I decided against documenting my maiden garden as I really wanted to touch base with mother nature - just to make sure she'd be good to me, and she was.

I learnt that the key ingredients are not just nutes, but love, time and patience. I also absorbed key knowledge from a handful of members here who really got me from seedling to harvest. Thanks again 🙏🏻

In this journal I really hope to portray my gratitude with an awesome and knowledgable diary. Documenting
the detailed, accurate and hopefully successful life of four individually exotic strains.

I’m looking forward to it already and you really peeked my curiosity when you mentioned the word EXOTIC! My mind is already racing with anticipation of what strains they could be. I’m a sucker for exotic strains and I’m hooked .lol. CL🍀

Anyone who writes that eloquently about growing that has waited a bit to post it (I’m a bit more like my Labrador who’s young and excitable) but seems like you have a plan which I look forward to seeing unfold!

Your first three points -

People will pay for it - that’s why I farm. But good equipment does not guarantee results. You got to live it.

Whether its originally my grandfather or my mother or my wife, people I know in real life or here on @420 - yep you need more knowledge that a “how to” grabbing clicks - you need to and fro with real people.

My dream personalised forum title is “Farmer” its about growing stuff. You feel it. I grow 99% indoor. My mate has acres outdoors. He called me a farmer once. Was mega.

Awesome opening - lets see some more!

🍿

Nick

Good afternoon!

I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this venture, but fortune does favour the brave after all 🤙🏻

I made my strain selections for this grow with a couple of goals in mind. Firstly, to grow strains that offered huge medicinal gain, for myself. I suffer from sciatica and nerve damage in my legs and so smoking 50/50 hybrids or dominant strains really benefit me. Also, these strains have such impressive ancestry that goes way, way back - naturally grown for generations throughout the mountains and jungles of Central and South America, solely for medicine.

I did however chuck in a real fruity wildcard that sounded to irresistible to pass up. I know there's alot of apple lovers on here, so I chose that one for you 😏

Secondly, to set myself a ridiculous challenge for someone who has only been growing for just over three months. I really didn't want to grow typical, such common strains. I want different aromas and outstanding effects in my garden.

After dabbling with autos, this time around I will be using photo period, feminized seeds. I will be aiming to flip to 12/12 when i feel like the time is right and I want all four to start flipping flowers together, simultaneously. I have chosen strains with a very similar flowering time and a nice mix of dominant indica, sativa and lastly a 50/50 hybrid.

Strains:

#1 Colombia Gold

Acapulco Gold x Colombian Landrace
THC 20%
75% Sativa
Flowering - 12 Weeks
From - World Of Seeds

colombian-gold-fixed.jpg

#2 Panama Red

Panama x Colombian
THC 18%
75% Sativa
Flowering - 11/12 Weeks
From - Anesia Seeds

panama-red-anesia-seeds.jpg

#3 Pineapple Poison

Original Durban Poison x Pineapple Skunk
THC 20%
70% Indica
Flowering - 11/12 Weeks
From - Super Sativa Seed Club

pineapple-poison.jpg

#4 Pink Apple Tartz

(Apple Fritter x Jealousy) x Runtz
THC 24%
50/50 Hybrid
Flowering - 11 Weeks
From - Terp Treez Co

pink-apple-tartz.jpg

Equipment & Environment:

Location - Set up will be in my garden shed. Kent, UK

Tent Size - Inside the lined walls of an 800mm x 800mm x 1800mm tent (GreenLab Pro).

20230424_152912.jpg

Bucket Size - 20L Camgrow Air Pots. I really want to promote excellent root growth and also reduce the amount of heat stress for my girls.

air-pot_1.jpg

Medium - All four pots will be grown in soil. This will be a compost mix i have decided on myself, after a little bit of research and using something similar for my first grow. MG compost (60%), Perlite (15%), Megaworm (10%) and Fine Tree Bark Chippings (15%).

Lights - Viparspectra P1000 x3. These will hung at different heights throughout. These will be an upgrade, I really want to pour light over these girls and I chose these off the back of a recommendation 🙏🏻

714UZQi1JtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Heater - I use a 5 fin mini oil radiator to keep a steady heat. It has auto turn off and on so it adjusts itself with any drop or rises in temperature.

20230404_201747.jpg

Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients - Micro, Grow, Bloom, Master Root, B-52, Bloom Booster and Big Bud.

Screenshot_20230424_150821_eBay.jpg

Fans - I will be using 2 x clip on fans, pointing in opposite directions. I like to have one facing down at the pots, giving fresh breeze to the pots and root systems. The other will be faced down at the plants, allowing them to gently wobble in the wind.

Temp - The temperature I will adjust accordingly. Keeping in between 20*c and 30*c - from start to finish.

RH % - I will adjust accordingly also. Dependant on what is needed at that stage of growth.

This is my plan and I cannot wait to get started with it. Seeds and upgraded equipment have been ordered and arranged. I will of course document and log every stage of this, starting from when everything arrives and I begin setting up 💪🏻

Thanks for getting involved already and for joining the ride. Lets do this 🪴🪴🪴🪴

To be continued......

3 months? Wouldn’t worry I’m just 7 months and have literally kilos lying around ready to smoke now 🤣

The Real Nick Hardy is in RTW in…

I’m from West Sussex and @Weffalo a fellow 7-8 monther is from not far from there.

We both escalated quickly in our grows! 🤣

That Red Panama looks like nothing else!
🍿

Nick

Looking great brother can't wait for you to get this rolling! Them strains are definitely different.. 🤞🏽🤞🏽 your Panama red puts out some of them colours 😍

StonedCrumpet said:

imagine-prompt-man-exploring-a-cannabis-forest-a-mysterious-and-enchanting-experience-the-fore...png

Your dream is very similar to my dream. (Image 100% AI generated by my prompt no ©)

Four Years Ago

First I had to make a safe area where my plants could grow undetected. I did this by planting a small copse of willow saplings. and just let them grow.

IMG_20220829_174936.jpg

At the same time, I began to experiment with breeding seeds that could overcome my local climate, bugs, bud-rot and mould. In 2022, I tried cross-breeding Passion #1 (reg) with Fast White Widow (fem) to make a new strain which I call F1 Widow's Passion. At the same time, I also back-crossed Passion #1 (which I call Passionate) to compare traits and phenotypes in future experiments and grew a Passion #1 fem in the wild leaving it untouched and uncared for to see if it would survive and produce some smokable bud.

IMG_20220829_175024.jpg
IMG_20220829_175033.jpg

As you can see, she took a beating from wind and rain, fell over and still kept growing. Eventually, I cropped it in the 2nd week of October which is almost unheard of in my location. Oh, the yield was low but the smoke was good :)

2023 Experiment - Wising Up!

This year I have enough F1 Widow's Passion and Passionate regular seeds to expand the "wild" experiment with better wind protection and at least take some care of the plants.

IMG_20230424_144503.jpg

The reinforced pots are ready to go.

My plan is to determine the gender of both strains and plant only the young plant verified females making sure to tag which is which. I'm going to wait until mid-May before planting out to avoid the late spring frosts.

I hope you don't mind me tagging along on your Thread.

Good afternoon!

I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this venture, but fortune does favour the brave after all 🤙🏻

I made my strain selections for this grow with a couple of goals in mind. Firstly, to grow strains that offered huge medicinal gain, for myself. I suffer from sciatica and nerve damage in my legs and so smoking 50/50 hybrids or dominant strains really benefit me. Also, these strains have such impressive ancestry that goes way, way back - naturally grown for generations throughout the mountains and jungles of Central and South America, solely for medicine.

I did however chuck in a real fruity wildcard that sounded to irresistible to pass up. I know there's alot of apple lovers on here, so I chose that one for you 😏

Secondly, to set myself a ridiculous challenge for someone who has only been growing for just over three months. I really didn't want to grow typical, such common strains. I want different aromas and outstanding effects in my garden.

After dabbling with autos, this time around I will be using photo period, feminized seeds. I will be aiming to flip to 12/12 when i feel like the time is right and I want all four to start flipping flowers together, simultaneously. I have chosen strains with a very similar flowering time and a nice mix of dominant indica, sativa and lastly a 50/50 hybrid.

Strains:

#1 Colombia Gold

THC 20%
75% Sativa
Flowering - 12 Weeks
From - World Of Seeds

colombian-gold-fixed.jpg

#2 Panama Red

Panama x Colombian
THC 18%
75% Sativa
Flowering - 11/12 Weeks
From - Anesia Seeds

#3 Pineapple Poison

THC 20%
70% Indica
Flowering - 11/12 Weeks

pineapple-poison.jpg

#4 Pink Apple Tartz

THC 24%
50/50 Hybrid
Flowering - 11 Weeks
From - Terp Treez Co

pink-apple-tartz.jpg

Equipment & Environment:

Tent Size - Inside the lined walls of an 800mm x 800mm x 1800mm tent (GreenLab Pro).

20230424_152912.jpg

Bucket Size - 20L Camgrow Air Pots. I really want to promote excellent root growth and also reduce the amount of heat stress for my girls.

air-pot_1.jpg

Medium - All four pots will be grown in soil. This will be a compost mix i have decided on myself, after a little bit of research and using something similar for my first grow. MG compost (60%), Perlite (15%), Megaworm (10%) and Fine Tree Bark Chippings (15%).

Lights - Viparspectra P1000 x3. These will hung at different heights throughout. These will be an upgrade, I really want to pour light over these girls and I chose these off the back of a recommendation 🙏🏻

Heater - I use a 5 fin mini oil radiator to keep a steady heat. It has auto turn off and on so it adjusts itself with any drop or rises in temperature.

20230404_201747.jpg

Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients - Micro, Grow, Bloom, Master Root, B-52, Bloom Booster and Big Bud.

Fans - I will be using 2 x clip on fans, pointing in opposite directions. I like to have one facing down at the pots, giving fresh breeze to the pots and root systems. The other will be faced down at the plants, allowing them to gently wobble in the wind.

Temp - The temperature I will adjust accordingly. Keeping in between 20*c and 30*c - from start to finish.

RH % - I will adjust accordingly also. Dependant on what is needed at that stage of growth.

This is my plan and I cannot wait to get started with it. Seeds and upgraded equipment have been ordered and arranged. I will of course document and log every stage of this, starting from when everything arrives and I begin setting up 💪🏻

To be continued......
Where is that jealous imoji again? :rofl:
Great seed selection, wow.
Should be good. :thumb:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

StonedCrumpet said:

imagine-prompt-man-exploring-a-cannabis-forest-a-mysterious-and-enchanting-experience-the-fore...png

Your dream is very similar to my dream. (Image 100% AI generated by my prompt no ©)

Four Years Ago

First I had to make a safe area where my plants could grow undetected. I did this by planting a small copse of willow saplings. and just let them grow.

At the same time, I began to experiment with breeding seeds that could overcome my local climate, bugs, bud-rot and mould. In 2022, I tried cross-breeding Passion #1 (reg) with Fast White Widow (fem) to make a new strain which I call F1 Widow's Passion. At the same time, I also back-crossed Passion #1 (which I call Passionate) to compare traits and phenotypes in future experiments and grew a Passion #1 fem in the wild leaving it untouched and uncared for to see if it would survive and produce some smokable bud.

As you can see, she took a beating from wind and rain, fell over and still kept growing. Eventually, I cropped it in the 2nd week of October which is almost unheard of in my location. Oh, the yield was low but the smoke was good :)

This year I have enough F1 Widow's Passion and Passionate regular seeds to expand the "wild" experiment with better wind protection and at least take some care of the plants.

My plan is to determine the gender of both strains and plant only the young plant verified females making sure to tag which is which. I'm going to wait until mid-May before planting out to avoid the late spring frosts.

Well done Jack, that AI generated pic is a classic, it's what dreams are made of!

Well done Jack, that AI generated pic is a classic, it's what dreams are made of!
Thank you. I made the prompt and the image was made on Midjourney some time ago and never used it, except for my own screensaver. It just seemed to fit in with the original post. I comply with the US copyright laws regarding 100% AI-generated images. This means it is completely legal for anyone to use the image for whatever purpose they like. So, if you want it, grab it! LOL

I also made my avatar using AI. In reality, I'm 68 and wrecked with gout of the big toe and septic arthritis and have a face that shows my pain.

Thank you. I made the prompt and the image was made on Midjourney some time ago and never used it, except for my own screensaver. It just seemed to fit in with the original post. I comply with the US copyright laws regarding 100% AI-generated images. This means it is completely legal for anyone to use the image for whatever purpose they like. So, if you want it, grab it! LOL

I also made my avatar using AI. In reality, I'm 68 and wrecked with gout of the big toe and septic arthritis and have a face that shows my pain.
Thank you, I really like that pic!

I have a mate with gout that he's in a constant battle with, I think the recent meds he's been on seems to be keeping it in balance.

If you got anything septic, Lypospheric Vitamin C is great stuff, I use it and I have known many who have used it successfully for serious infections too. Dr Thomas Levy a cardiologist wrote a whole book on it, everything referenced came from medical studies, sorry to go off topic but in case it is relevant I feel it is too good not to mention it. Cheers.

3 months? Wouldn’t worry I’m just 7 months and have literally kilos lying around ready to smoke now 🤣

The Real Nick Hardy is in RTW in…

I’m from West Sussex and @Weffalo a fellow 7-8 monther is from not far from there.

We both escalated quickly in our grows! 🤣

That Red Panama looks like nothing else!
🍿

Nick
Blimey, you come cross far more experienced. That's what I aspire to, Nick 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

StonedCrumpet said:

Four Years Ago

IMG_20220829_174936.jpg

IMG_20220829_175024.jpg
IMG_20220829_175033.jpg

IMG_20230424_144503.jpg

Hi Jack, thanks for stopping by 🙏🏻

Of course I don't mind. The more the merrier on this ride.

Few great pics there, dude. Really impressed with that jungle surround. Awesome!! I could use a few pics like that to create posters for my den. She needs a make over before I start uploading pics throughout this.....

Damm, I admire your determination. Planting trees four years in advance, to create a discreet garden. Hats off to you, sir.

Welcome to 420 anyway my friend. I'm glad you've stumbled across my journal. Stick around 🙏🏻🙏🏻🪴🪴

Above all, be safe 👌🏻✌🏻

Looking great brother can't wait for you to get this rolling! Them strains are definitely different.. 🤞🏽🤞🏽 your Panama red puts out some of them colours 😍
That's what I'm hoping for, brother. These strains have the ability to be real showstoppers. Lets do this!!

Good afternoon!

Strains:

#1 Colombia Gold

THC 20%
75% Sativa
Flowering - 12 Weeks
From - World Of Seeds

colombian-gold-fixed.jpg

#2 Panama Red

Panama x Colombian
THC 18%
75% Sativa
Flowering - 11/12 Weeks
From - Anesia Seeds

#3 Pineapple Poison

THC 20%
70% Indica
Flowering - 11/12 Weeks

pineapple-poison.jpg

#4 Pink Apple Tartz

THC 24%
50/50 Hybrid
Flowering - 11 Weeks
From - Terp Treez Co

pink-apple-tartz.jpg

Equipment & Environment:

20230424_152912.jpg

air-pot_1.jpg

20230404_201747.jpg

To be continued......
Love the plan and strain selection, I’ll be following this one closely. Happy Growing and good luck 👍. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom