Pawpaw Medicine Tent 2.0 Perpetual Grow Journal

I would really like to hear about Phenos and experiences you guys might have had in your time growing
Seedlings will express various genetics of the parents including some that are latent. What breeders usually do is backcross a desired plant with the traits they want to ingrain in a stabilized strain down the line.

My understanding is the first round of seeds from a pairing can be fairly uniform, but the next generation from those seedlings can vary widely. Not a breeder though. I think what you are seeing is the natural variation from the patents' genetics.

@Azimuth I belive you are right I was just reading about this and if I understand this correctly the first round is called F1 ? and is usually the best. Im not sure but I belive S1 is being breed with its self like Cinderella 99 breed with Cinderella 99. But Azi like you I am not a breeder either Now had they legalized this 40 yrs ago ????

I belive It is important. if you want to grow good Pot, to know your seeds and strain. My experice with growing cheap value pack seeds has not been great. it may be my lack of experience at the time. but the first time I grew Good Pot was with a proven reliable Breeder bought seeds not a seed bank. there are a lot of good breeders. I recommend for newer home growers is do the research Know what ya grow.

Hey Guys hope all is well, and ya know we been going thru some health and family bullshit, at 62-63 yrs old we find ourselves raising 2 boys. Thought we finished that part of life 30 yrs ago. ones 12 the other 14 so you can understand our plate is full, and also understand why raising kids is meant for the young.

this is why I havent been around much. I have been doing a lot more growing. Not only did I do/start a lot I what to share things and ask questions, I want to be on every day but I cant I have a couple new grows started . instead of telling you when I water and feed, I want to share things I find intresting and might help other growers

To day I want to share and talk about Phenos (below)
I current have 1 of my tent growing OCIFER from Brothers Grimm seeds
Ocifer is breed from Cap Junky (Capulator and Seed Junky) and Rosetta Stone (Mr Soul ) the breeders of both breeds are weed Growing Legends. so anything from any of these guys will be top self in the hands of a skilled Grower.
Parents- Cap/Junky XX and Rosetta Stone XX (XX=Female)
Flower time est 8 to 10 weeks depending on the Pheno
Possible THC 34% (one of BG most potent strain comes with a warning label (warning labels are a sales secret made me grow it) lol

one thing that caught me off guard is the Phenos. Like I said these are tester seeds, which means they grow awesome weed but getting feed back from the growers is priceless. not only that we let them know about the diffrent phenos it also lets them know what we think of the plant how it taste, smokes ECT

I planted 5 tester seed (9 seeds for $25 in the US 4-7 day delivery) they are 3 weeks old. they have just been transplanted into SIPs (a little early had a room issue) check out these Phenos
I am using the tried and proven GEOFLORA ORGANIC DRY FERTILIZER .THE EASIEIST AND AFFORDABLE WAY TO GROW ORGANIC

IMG_4915.jpg
#1.jpg
#2.jpg
#3.jpg
#4.jpg
IMG_5062.jpg

All of the plants in the sips are Ocifer strain all were Germinated in RapidRooters and Dynomyco at the same time.the first one broke thru after 2 days by the 6th day they were all above ground.on the 7th day I got really high all day.
the 2 bigger plants are Frozen Black Cherry mothers and the small ones on the floor are FBC clones thats a diffrent story Ill talk about next time Thanks to @Bill284 I got the whole clone thing figured out. but thats a storie for next time

Take a look at each OCIFER plants the way the big one took off outta the ground #1n is the big one and it is perfect as far as being a organized pattern of growth where the plants grow evenly . I cant think of the word but #1 and#3 are evenly growing but #2 and#4 have branches growing out where ever no even Pattern,no rhyme or reason. But according to the other tester reviews the Ocifer is amazing weed. and Knowing it comes from the Home grower legends of yesterday made for the home growers today it is guarantee to yield some awesome weed when treated right.

This is my first time of growing the same strain . I always what to grow all different strains at once. That cause's problems, especially for me. Having to grow and dry in the same tent. will mess you up when you harvestyou have to harvest all at once. doing that makes it easy to harvest 1 plant too early or one too late. growing the same strain gives you a better chance of a ripe harvest all at the same time. I am in the process of expansion and I will have a more room. and 1 tent for experiment growers and 1 for drying along with my main grow

I would really like to hear about Phenos and experiences you guys might have had in your time growing

@Gee64 ,@Keffka , @Azimuth @Emilya Green and so many other's you guys have taught me a lot about true organic growing, worm composting, and the Marvelous wonders of OWC. and I put it to use. I hope be able to share what I have learned here and keep learning in the mean time

Stay Stoned, Stay Safe

* WARNING !!! as usual I did not proof read or spell check SURPRISE😮
Busy Busy buddy. :thumb:
How are you liking the sips?
You have taken to them like a duck to water.
Nice work.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Busy Busy buddy. :thumb:
How are you liking the sips?
You have taken to them like a duck to water.
Nice work.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Bill I swear sips have a lot of benefit's I never expected, fixed my over watering issues. no GNATS until late flower they make watering easy all ya gotta do is fill them up once a week. now the last 4 weeks you needs Bucket brigade there were some times the reservoir would be empty in less than 24 hrs . but it was worth it. I never seen a root ball so big. and an old wiseman(Bill) taught me at the very start ROOTS ! happy heathy root system = awesome Bud

🦆 quack, quack (translation stay safe stay stoned)

@Gee64 hope all is well. like I mentioned before my worm composting is going great. it is close to 120 days and full of castings. I read diffract methods of harvesting. I plan on dumping it on top of a tarp taking 2-3 in off the top as I go. I have a fresh new mix to replace the soil. But what do you recommend for getting all the worms out of the compost to add back into the fresh bedding
Thx in advance

@Gee64 hope all is well. like I mentioned before my worm composting is going great. it is close to 120 days and full of castings. I read diffract methods of harvesting. I plan on dumping it on top of a tarp taking 2-3 in off the top as I go. I have a fresh new mix to replace the soil. But what do you recommend for getting all the worms out of the compost to add back into the fresh bedding
Thx in advance
I have a Worm Factory 360 which does this for me, so I'm probably not the best guy to ask, but from what I have read, exactly what you said is the way, and a bright light above will drive them down faster apparently.

A better way to harvest a single bin is to push everything over to one half of your bin, then fill the other half with fresh bedding and only feed that new side.

The worms will migrate over to the food side leaving you with mostly castings and cocoons if it's gone long enough. Give them a few days to figure it out and the old side should be mostly free of worms.

I have a Worm Factory 360 which does this for me, so I'm probably not the best guy to ask, but from what I have read, exactly what you said is the way, and a bright light above will drive them down faster apparently.
You can also pile the general mix on a tarp in little piles out in the bright light/sun. The worms will migrate down to the bottom of each little pile leaving you with a ball of worms once you skim the compost off the top of each pile.

Don't leave the piles too long or they will heat up and dry out in the sun and kill your worms.

Be on the lookout for the cocoons. They're great for seeding new bins or even your grow pots.

I would definitely find a K source and I think thats a bit light on calcium, but you can always add more calcium in top dressings. As for over cooking no, you can't overcook it. As long as its kept dark and a bit moist its good. I have used soil that has been cooked and then stored for a year to great success.

Here is my recipe. I use kelp and green sand as my main K inputs. This recipe is for 20 gallon cooks so half it and compare to what you have going on as a reference point. This recipe will setyle at 6.2 ph if you use Reverse Osmosis water so thats a great ph point for soil. The rhozosphere can tweak that to what it needs very easily.

Then I add my worm castings right before I use the soil and give it one last mixing and hydrating. I also add a bit more perlite in the final mixing to get it right where I want it. Hope this helps. You can add more fresh coco in the last mixing as well if you like.

20 gals recycled soil
2 gals coco
7 cups prilled dolomite or 3.5 cups powdered
1 cup blood meal
.5 cup bat guano
.5 cup glacial rock dust
.5 cups granular rock phosphate
3 cups feather meal
3 cups bone meal
1.5 cups greensand
.3 cups SR
2 cups organic basmati
.75 cups gypsum
3 cups kelp meal
2 cups alfalfa meal
2.5 cup oyster shell flour
Yo Gee64! Your knowledge on soil mixes is impressive. It's fantastic to see experienced growers like you share their expertise. Will surely consider your advice when mixing my own batch. Rock on! 🤘
I wouldn't start with that much calcium. I apologize, thats my hot recipe. 5 cups of prilled dolomite or 2.5 cups powdered is safe.
the fact you keep refining and adjusting your mixes is so inspiring for learners like me. Always picking up nuggets from your posts. Keep 'em coming, mate! 🌿

Yo Gee64! Your knowledge on soil mixes is impressive. It's fantastic to see experienced growers like you share their expertise. Will surely consider your advice when mixing my own batch. Rock on! 🤘

the fact you keep refining and adjusting your mixes is so inspiring for learners like me. Always picking up nuggets from your posts. Keep 'em coming, mate! 🌿
A sativa lover I presume by your title? How you doin.....

what a yucky day, I am in the process of turning my garage into a grow shop, it to uninsulated and virtually impossible to control the conditions so I have a 4x4 and 32"x32" and soon to be a 8 x 8. I been focusing on using clones and current have 2 mother plants one is the OCIFER Cap Junky/roseta stone i DID NOT USE clones on this strain. these are from seeds and I have at least 2 phenos maybe 3 check these out (remember these are tester seeds)

The Ocifer strain is one of the most popular testers by Brothers Grimm Seeds. This strain is becoming rapidly iconic by seasoned growers. If you’re looking for something large and in charge to grow, then put Ocifer seeds in your cart. Ocifer will put out honking colas and plenty of earthy, citrusy sweet oh la la.

1 norm
#
IMG_5099.jpg

#2 I like to call this one the two headed cola monster(These are untouched never topped
IMG_5100.jpg

Last but not least I dont know what to call this one, I did take of 1 blade of a leaf on this one. If you dont know it is a pot plant. I do have back up plants if necessary but I hope these grow nice

IMG_5098.jpg

I also am growing clones I started of my Frozen Black cherry here is a teaser 36% THC (possible) the Ocfier is supposedly a possible 34% thc. both are couch lock Cannabis I also have some SLEEPY JOE, and APRICOT OREO seeds.

Frozen Black Cherry

Our new Frozen Black Cherry is packed with THC and has an extremely frosty appearance. She is an adaptable strain that does well with different growing techniques and environments. In a short flowering time of just 8-9 weeks, she delivers heavy yields of fruity, sweet, resin-soaked buds.

Her terpene profile has addictive potential and is made up of aromas of fresh wild berries and a slightly sour note, with the dominating aroma of juicy cherries. She has a taste that you just can’t get enough of. The strain boasts such high resin production that the buds appear frozen and covered in a thick layer of ice. Sparkling white, beautiful and incredibly strong.

Frozen Black Cherry is the cross of our popular and unique Blackberry Moonrocks with a potency selected Pacific Frost. Both parent strains boast extremely high resin production and a diverse terpene profile. The complex terpene profile of Blackberry Moonrocks combined with Pacific Frost results in an aroma of cherries, red berries and grapes that is to die for. Frozen Black Cherry combines exceptionally high potency with an unforgettable taste experience.

The buds of this strain are rock hard, super sticky, typically indica and produce a smooth enjoyable smoke that is extremely fruity and sweet. The strain can reach a THC level of an impressive 36% and is among the most potent strains in the world.

Its effects build up steadily and quickly immediately after consumption, releasing an unimagined power. Sensory distortions can occur and trippy effects set in while the sense of time seems to blur. It brings with it a distinctly psychedelic component and music suddenly attains a much greater breadth and depth. At the same time, a deep physical relaxation spreads and the worries and stress of the day simply disappear. The effect on body and mind is multifaceted and offers a good opportunity to enrich certain activities, if you are still able to do so.

till next time stay safe

Hey guys Im still kicking I want to give a shot of one of my grows the Ocifer From Brothers grimm. doing some more research I learned this strain wa breed to veg faster and they also do not require being topped, every plant came with multiple head tops. out of what I start I got 3 diffrent phenos

Today is day 30 in veg I put them in the SIP oct 1they were like 10 to 14 days when I transplanted. as you can see I have a pristine grow (beating the hell out of my wooden desk) Using Geo Flora has always given me great grows. I still have a batch of SS cooking for next time I plant on doing a side side grow with subcools SS (with some xtra amendments green sand kelp meal and Bichar/composting/mycorrhizae VS GEO- Flora

any way that to GF and some help from my 420 friend her is my current GF/SIP grow I almost have the net full in 30 days,last grow was a nightmare I tried New SS (purplr Cow) in a AC Infinity Shwick that fill up with roots and required me to go to the gro-buckets and start using Geo Flora to save the grow
IMG_5237.jpg

I have other things going on and been real busy. people just have no clue what goes into growing good weed. I have mix so much medium the last month I lost wieght and even got some muscle tone back I feel like im 40 yrs old again. except when I stop moving for the day IT HURTS A HELL OF A LOT MORE ! LOL.

ya all I really just wanted to take a minute and say high. and let ya know Im not on the weed warrior list yet

Hey guys Im still kicking I want to give a shot of one of my grows the Ocifer From Brothers grimm. doing some more research I learned this strain wa breed to veg faster and they also do not require being topped, every plant came with multiple head tops. out of what I start I got 3 diffrent phenos

Today is day 30 in veg I put them in the SIP oct 1they were like 10 to 14 days when I transplanted. as you can see I have a pristine grow (beating the hell out of my wooden desk) Using Geo Flora has always given me great grows. I still have a batch of SS cooking for next time I plant on doing a side side grow with subcools SS (with some xtra amendments green sand kelp meal and Bichar/composting/mycorrhizae VS GEO- Flora

any way that to GF and some help from my 420 friend her is my current GF/SIP grow I almost have the net full in 30 days,last grow was a nightmare I tried New SS (purplr Cow) in a AC Infinity Shwick that fill up with roots and required me to go to the gro-buckets and start using Geo Flora to save the grow
IMG_5237.jpg

I have other things going on and been real busy. people just have no clue what goes into growing good weed. I have mix so much medium the last month I lost wieght and even got some muscle tone back I feel like im 40 yrs old again. except when I stop moving for the day IT HURTS A HELL OF A LOT MORE ! LOL.

ya all I really just wanted to take a minute and say high. and let ya know Im not on the weed warrior list yet
Glad yer up and aboot, and glad you're feeling forty! Plants look good. Are you concerned about the slight droop or is that standard?

IMG_5237.jpg

Glad you’re doing ok. I have a hybrid in my veg tent that was created using brothers grimms Apollo 11 genius pheno. I only got the strain because I’m a Star Wars nerd the strains called Endor score it’s Apollo 11g x Wookie

@Costanza yeah the apollo XX is some awesome smoke a great head high I smoke a few B;s and I cant stop moving I have gotten so much work done it is crazy. back in the day we never really paid attention to the different highs and benefit's. but today it seems the types of high are controlled by the strain and you can tell a real difference between strains. gotta love cannabis and science, good to hear from ya

@Carmen Ray it looks like they are drooping but using a scrog so all my tops get tucked or tied down and trained to fill the net .Now when I flip to flower I let the plants start growing up and with a little luck they will be huge snow covered colas. right now I am tucking or tying every other day or so and it usually looks like as tornado went thru but within 24 hrs everything back to normal just bigger. this strain also has HUGE LEAVES (biggest I have ever seen )that will never not droop lol ,but the ones you are talking about are the tops right after I tucked and tied and should be reaching for the sky soon. for Veg I grow horizontal ,flower we go vertical. but the goal in the end game is to fill up the net with a even canopy to get less larf , even PAR,. and a bigger yield. the down side is 70 days veg vs 90 to 120 day veg

Take care you all, I miss the daily visits

Hey guys
Hope everyone is well and their girls doing fine, I have so much on my plate right now it is impossible to keep a good journal but I did want to share some progress on my "cap/junky-Rosetta stone . mr Soul said Big leaves and huge colas.
IMG_5321.jpg
IMG_5327.jpg

the OCIFER has filled a 4 x 4 scrog net 1 week into flower seeds popped Oct 1 so 48 days total but I have a 10 week flower. I think Ill need to raise my light

100% @Geoflora with some EWC, Terpinator, and sweet candy in Gro Bucket SIPS. I have a batch of super soil cooking basicilly subcools recipe with some Potassium additives (green sand , kelp meal, bio char/compost I plan on a GF VS super soil.

Ill stay in touch miss you guys
Savvage 61

Hey guys
Hope everyone is well and their girls doing fine, I have so much on my plate right now it is impossible to keep a good journal but I did want to share some progress on my "cap/junky-Rosetta stone . mr Soul said Big leaves and huge colas.
IMG_5321.jpg
IMG_5327.jpg

the OCIFER has filled a 4 x 4 scrog net 1 week into flower seeds popped Oct 1 so 48 days total but I have a 10 week flower. I think Ill need to raise my light

100% @Geoflora with some EWC, Terpinator, and sweet candy in Gro Bucket SIPS. I have a batch of super soil cooking basicilly subcools recipe with some Potassium additives (green sand , kelp meal, bio char/compost I plan on a GF VS super soil.

Ill stay in touch miss you guys
Savvage 61
Hey Sav, miss you too.

@Costanza hey bud I could use some help. I have a plant, ocifer- cap junky/Rosetta stone man did I unleash a monster My net was 80% at 11/11 I am slammed full and 6 inches above the net now. one thing I know is these plants are testers very high THC potential a 10 week flower week 1 of floiwer like I said 6 in above the net already found first pistil last night

never thought I would worry about too big of colas i can raise my light and super crop if it gets bad, but I want to defoil this time at day 21 I guess my bud spots will be determined by then. do I want to defoil everything from the first net to the cola leaving the leaf directly under the bud ? leave the leaves that feed the Calyx and strip the rest? everything under the net is stripped nothing but air,stem and a slight breeze
sure could use some advice
Thx

@Costanza hey bud I could use some help. I have a plant, ocifer- cap junky/Rosetta stone man did I unleash a monster My net was 80% at 11/11 I am slammed full and 6 inches above the net now. one thing I know is these plants are testers very high THC potential a 10 week flower week 1 of floiwer like I said 6 in above the net already found first pistil last night

never thought I would worry about too big of colas i can raise my light and super crop if it gets bad, but I want to defoil this time at day 21 I guess my bud spots will be determined by then. do I want to defoil everything from the first net to the cola leaving the leaf directly under the bud ? leave the leaves that feed the Calyx and strip the rest? everything under the net is stripped nothing but air,stem and a slight breeze
sure could use some advice
Thx
This is a bit controversial because I take off more than some. I take a yard stick and measure the total height of the plant from the top of the soil then find the halfway point on the plants and take anything under that halfway mark but if there’s a branch that starts at like 20% and reaches over the halfway mark keep that branches anything that doesn’t reach the half point remove. For the defoliation I try to look at the plant from above and see which fan leaves are blocking low buds usually I just take inward leaves to clear up space in the middle for light to reach but I’ve gotten carried away before I might’ve given Bill mini heart attacks after he’s seen how many leaves I remove I’ve gotten much better with it now now I just take around 4 to 5 fans in the middle and keep the outer fans

Thank you very much bud, that @bill247 winds up being correct regardless, doesn't he? Gotta love him. Thanks bud and i'll keep you updated.

Back
Top Bottom