Pawpaws Medicine Tent 4/9/22

one thing I forgot to mention, I am using a lot less water and the soil isnt drying out like it does with a 5 Gal grow Bag. not to mention with the air cone in the middle I am using a lot less medium and everybody knows Fox Farm is not CHEAP:hookah:
$75.00 a bag here for F.F. my friend. :eek:
No frills garden center here I come. :rofl:
I can't even find a bag of coco up here.
Something about the soil not being sandy enough to grow them I heard. :oops:
Not worth the cost of shipping I guess.
The girls look very happy this morning. :thumb:
Hope everything is great with you.
Take care.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Well, I am waiting for 2 Gelato seeds to sprout and finish up my end of the line Journal will open up room for 2 more plants to put under the scrog net I will have to be careful at feeding especially with the fox farm trio while 2 plants will be getting Big bloom and Tiger bloom the other 2 will be getting Big bloom and Grow big that will be an issue for me to keep straight. I will close out this journal after my original 2 are harvested. and in a month or so after that, I will do a Grandaddy Bruce /banner Photo scrog this current scrog is a trial before I invest a lot of time and money on my next scrog ok a little trivia I decided to name my plants as I always do they are named Joan Jackie, Cherie, and Lita who are they? Hint ROCK n ROLLK
aa.jpg

WELL EVERYBODY NEEDS A STRETCH EVERY NOW AND THEN!
as you can see I am entering the pre-flower stretch. I am feeling very confident about the grow. and you can see whe is spreading around with a little help steering. there are a lot of potential bud spots. I will go into detail next week as I get ready to do My first flush per Fox Farm schedule. I will update their feeding schedule and other helpful tips . look at how far they have gone since Wed

Cm2.jpg
20220522_120116.jpg

Start to notice signs of what I think is most likely a Calcium and/or phosphorus deficiency I just added calmag + 4-0-0 and after some serious thought I decided to use the fox farm soluble trio last week and tomorrow I will start "Open Sesame" then after this next feeding I will be doing a good flush Like the FF schedule recommend then On week 5 I will start feeding (always PH 5.8-6.8)
Big bloom
Grow big
Tigerbloom
Cal mag + and Open Sesame
hows that for a cocktail ?

for the next 4 weeks, Trust me after the issues I had with lock-out last grow I am very nervous. But that last grower and fellow members taught me a lot . this time I am a little more informed the biggest issue and most valuable lesson I learned Dont feed and water by pre-established schedule water and feed when your plant wants it I was watering 4 times a week and feeding twice that was a noob mistake. now I alternate water/feed every 3 to 4 days
Don't get me wrong I'm still a noob . I would be overjoyed if an experienced 420er would let me know if this diagnosis is maybe correct

*Open sesame is high in phosphrous and the cal mag+ should cove the calcium and if that doesn't do it I may just brew up some Banana tea for Potassium .
UfrXw4r40saU_iYtRJhlEl7vE=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

Start to notice signs of what I think is most likely a Calcium and/or phosphorus deficiency I just added calmag + 4-0-0 and after some serious thought I decided to use the fox farm soluble trio last week and tomorrow I will start "Open Sesame" then after this next feeding I will be doing a good flush Like the FF schedule recommend then On week 5 I will start feeding (always PH 5.8-6.8)
Big bloom
Grow big
Tigerbloom
Cal mag + and Open Sesame
hows that for a cocktail ?

for the next 4 weeks, Trust me after the issues I had with lock-out last grow I am very nervous. But that last grower and fellow members taught me a lot . this time I am a little more informed the biggest issue and most valuable lesson I learned Dont feed and water by pre-established schedule water and feed when your plant wants it I was watering 4 times a week and feeding twice that was a noob mistake. now I alternate water/feed every 3 to 4 days
Don't get me wrong I'm still a noob . I would be overjoyed if an experienced 420er would let me know if this diagnosis is maybe correct

*Open sesame is high in phosphrous and the cal mag+ should cove the calcium and if that doesn't do it I may just brew up some Banana tea for Potassium .
UfrXw4r40saU_iYtRJhlEl7vE=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg
It looks like a calcium deficiency.
Put the calmag into your mix first.
Wait 10 minutes then add your nutrients in order according to the schedule.
Then set your ph to 6.3 and feed.
Hope your having a great day my friend. :thumb:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

hey bill (aka head counselor) since I am lacking calcium it calls for 1 teaspoon would I be making a mistake to push that to 2 teaspoons for my feedings ? also a NPK of 4.0.0 is that strong for a cal mag?

Thx my friend

hey bill (aka head counselor) since I am lacking calcium it calls for 1 teaspoon would I be making a mistake to push that to 2 teaspoons for my feedings ? also a NPK of 4.0.0 is that strong for a cal mag?

Thx my friend
Stick with the recommendation.
A top dress of Epsom salts will help.
Or spray the leaves with Epsom salt dissolved in water.
But unless it’s terrible the feeding should help pretty quick.

Bill

YOU ARE "D" MAN !!:adore::meditate:

Well I just finished my week 5 sledgehammer flush after reading the instruction I was worried
foffarm.jpeg
`Flush is one of the most controversial topics I have found since I started researching how to grow pot there is no ONE RIGHT WAY but those who are pro flush have a general rule of 3 x the container size 5 gal pot = 15 gals flush. with a sledgehammer theyrecommend double the feed/water size I use 1/2 per plant per water/feed so I would add 2 tsp of SH to 1 gal and flush with 1 gallon of water VS 15 gallons they key to the SH flush is works diffrend it uses Saponin (an extract of the yucca plant) this stays in the plant and breaks down the salts while opening your soil for better water flow and repeat every 3-4 weeks till harvest. I have to admit theyhave some convincing evidence. we will see this next week. tomorrow I will post how their nute change but I can say it will heal'em or Kill'em Im not only using the FF trio we have some other Scoobie snacks to make the Bud fat and sassy.

* on a side note I did cheat a little, I mixed 1 extra gallon of Sledgehammer and split it between the 2 plants for a little just in case. One thing I recommend when doing a flush, is to ncheck your runoff PH to give you an idea of plant health. I did my ph and I was Impressed . My grow Jedi OBILL WAN KANOBI will be pround of this run off reading
20220530_184830.jpg

Well I just finished my week 5 sledgehammer flush after reading the instruction I was worried
foffarm.jpeg
`Flush is one of the most controversial topics I have found since I started researching how to grow pot there is no ONE RIGHT WAY but those who are pro flush have a general rule of 3 x the container size 5 gal pot = 15 gals flush. with a sledgehammer theyrecommend double the feed/water size I use 1/2 per plant per water/feed so I would add 2 tsp of SH to 1 gal and flush with 1 gallon of water VS 15 gallons they key to the SH flush is works diffrend it uses Saponin (an extract of the yucca plant) this stays in the plant and breaks down the salts while opening your soil for better water flow and repeat every 3-4 weeks till harvest. I have to admit theyhave some convincing evidence. we will see this next week. tomorrow I will post how their nute change but I can say it will heal'em or Kill'em Im not only using the FF trio we have some other Scoobie snacks to make the Bud fat and sassy.

* on a side note I did cheat a little, I mixed 1 extra gallon of Sledgehammer and split it between the 2 plants for a little just in case. One thing I recommend when doing a flush, is to ncheck your runoff PH to give you an idea of plant health. I did my ph and I was Impressed . My grow Jedi OBILL WAN KANOBI will be pround of this run off reading
20220530_184830.jpg
Good work Mucker :ciao:
Hope your having a great day.

Bill

As I promised here is what I will be feeding for the next 4 weeks
I am currently alternating watering and feeding about every 3-4 days (I recommend keep track of when you fed and when you watered (after a couple of bong hits I can't remember what day it is ,let along did I feed or water 4 days ago

Feeding schedule for next 3 weeks

Big bloom 3tsp
Grow big 2tsp
Tigerbloom 2 tsp
open sesame 1/4 tsp for week 5 and 6 the last week 7 I exchange OS for 1/4 tsp Beastly blooms
Purpinator 5 to 16 mil or 1-3 tsp
week 8 another Sledgehammer flush
Followed by big changes in the feeding schedule 1 more time followed by the last weeks of Trichome hunting wanting to bag those big amber ones

Below I broke down every thing to what I am using and what it contains.....................................................................................................................................................................wwwwwwww,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (this happens when you nod off at the keyboard LOL (SERIOUSLYo_O)

Fox farm liquid trio
Big bloom
Earthworm castings, bat and seabird guano, rock phosphate, sulfate of potash magnesia (a mined natural mineral) Norwegian kelp.
Grow big
Ingredients: Ammonium sulfate, ammonium phosphate, urea, blood meal, potassium nitrate, potassium sulfate, earthworm castings, Norwegian kelp, iron EDTA, zinc EDTA, manganese EDTA, copper EDTA, chelating agent, disodium ethylenediamine tetra acetate (EDTA), sodium borate and sodium molybdate.

tiger bloom

Calcium Nitrate, Magnesium Nitrate, Ammonium Nitrate, Ammonium Nitrate, Ammonium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Potassium Nitrate, Earthworm Castings, Kelp, Iron EDTA, Zinc EDTA, Manganese EDTA, Copper EDTA, Chelating Agent, Disodium Ethylenediamine Tetra Acetic (EDTA) and Sodium Borate.

FOXFARM SOLUBLE PACK
Open Sesame®, Beastie Bloomz®, and Cha Ching®
Invite the whole family over. We designed our solubles to work together as part of a sequential feeding schedule for hydroponic and conventional growers. Using our soluble plant foods on your plants is like putting your plants on an Olympic training diet. Check out Open Sesame®, Beastie Bloomz® and Cha Ching®, and see the results for yourself!
For best results, start indoor plants in our Light Warrior® Agro-Ponic® Grow Medium, and use our Ocean Forest® Potting Soil for container plant

Open sesame

Ingredients: Ammonium Phosphate, Mono Potassium Phosphate, Potassium Sulfate, Kelp, Iron, Zinc, Manganese, Chelating Agent, Disodium Ethylenediamine Tetra Acetate (EDTA).

Beastly blooms
Ingredients: Mono potassium phosphate, iron, manganese, zinc, copper, chelating agent, disodium ethylenediamine tetra acetate (EDTA), sodium borate, sodium molybdate and kelp.

Cha Ching
Ingredients: Ammonium phosphate, mono potassium phosphate, ammonium nitrate, potassium nitrate, iron, manganese, zinc, copper, chelating agent, disodium ethylenediamine tetra acetate (EDTA), sodium borate, sodium molybdate and kelp.

Supplements
Fox Farm Bush doctor
Sledgehammer Flush
Ingredients: Saponin (an extract of the yucca plant).
Bush Doctor Cla Mag
Ingredients Calcium and magnesium\
Envy Cal Mag + fe
  • Total Nitrogen (N) 4.0% Ammonical Nitrogen 0.2% Nitrate Nitrogen 3.8%
  • Calcium (Ca) 3.2%
  • Magnesium (Mg) 1.2%
  • Iron (Fe) 0.1% Chelated Iron DTPA (Fe) 0.1%

Purpinator
Terpinator® is a soluble plant food of potassium derived from potassium sulfate and is used for horticultural purposes to improve overall plant vigor and growth

Thanks everyone keep an eye out there is a Video in production to cover parts of this grow. hey Im am an old man with some time on my hands (I hope :rip:) I plan on doing a you tube channel for "

IO have done some serious reading, and the first stages the only issue I had was a Calcium/mag defency. that I belived I fix by adding Cal mag. I dont have any signs of lock out since I will be adding 3 new nutes Tiger bloom, open sesame and purpenator all 3 bud enhancers IO am going to start feeding at 1/2 strength for the first 2 feeding and then rethink it from there Nute Lockout = BAD

HERE BILL LOL
20220603_114033.jpg
20220603_114024.jpg

well I talked with @Emilya and @Bill284 about sledgehammer before I used it .Both seemed to have some doubt and EM brought up that fox farm was selling a new way to flush (trying for more bux on a magic potion) I had stated at the top of my journal that I was going to go by the FF trio schedule (with limits) I just had the first signs of my Cal/mag issue . so I did a sledgehammer flush on monday . Ilet dry, got another feeding in and new growth was not showing signs of getting better. so I dug out the hose and ran it through the house (and really pissed my wife off)) and did a 3X flush. now I planned for this because I was wondering how to flush under a scrog. so when I set this grow up, I got 2 drywall mud mixing pans each one holds 2- 5 gal pots and is about 8 in high and holds about 10 gal of water. and I have a shop vac to suck up the water, well my system worked like a charm I was pretty dang proud of my self. But beware it was not with out issue when you have a new 50ft hose and you hook it up for the first time there is a bit of air in it. I flipped it on and in a matter of 2 seconds I had perlite, bat crap and worm casings all over my tent my hair found a piece of perlite in beard at supper . anyway to make a long story a little longer after My experience: IMO Fox Farm SLEDGEHAMMER is a pre-emptive flush not a OHH SHEET remedy . I will use it again in 3-4 weeks like recommended as long as I dont have any issues. so now if you will excuse me I have a tent to clean up
Em @ Bill thx again

wewll everything is back on track just gave them both a nice good TRIO feeding followed with a correct size portion of open sesame sprinkled with a squirt of purpinator spiked with cal/mag
20220606_192013.jpg

\
you can see the starting 3-5 in colas forming Nice and tight very dense notice how under the canopy the plant is lollipopped while denying me those popcorn buds that end up in the clipping for edibles any way but all that effort and energy is applied to everything above the canopy Notice my 2 new comers did a seed check today and found out I was missing 2 Godzilla cookies and somehow I had 2 extra Gelato yeah Im blind and im growing 2 Gozillia cookies 1 Gelato and a gorilla glue Dang is I had used a red juice I would have the Herbies High THC variety pack in pot hertbies seed pack contains Gelato, Godziollia cookie and Red Punch and My gorilla glue is a HERBIES FREEBIE.
53 DAYS AGO THESE PLANTS were still seeds soaking overnight going by normal schedule today they are 40 days old

Day 53 from seed
here is a chance to reflect Im going to est a harvest in 28 days, 82 days july 6 2022 for the gelato

20220506_123515-COLLAGE.jpg

I am having some issues most likely overreacting I dont b elive there is such a thing as a perfect plant som e minor issues with the gorilla glue and gelato looks a lot worse than it really is the damaged leases are from week 4 the new growth is in the bud
20220611_104654.jpg

20220611_104654.jpg

Gelato Patti Smith

20220611_115752.jpg

20220611_115744.jpg

Buds are 1 to 7 inches long these pics are misleading

@Verbalist sent a post that hit the nail on the head seems the gorilla glue strain has issues with Phosphorous and I am feeding the girls Open sesaME, bEASTLY BLOOMZ and Cha ching all have a npk reading of over 50 Phosphorous so they will not be fed to my gorilla glue the Phosphorous is locking out my cal/mag most likely so the first thing after work is a heathy 3x flush and wait til dry

Back
Top Bottom