Journal #1 - The Amazon Strain'Four'est - 2023

I grow in Florida and it gets way hot. I cool my 5x5s with a standard 5000 btu window air conditioning unit. They crush a 5x5 even when the ambient temperature is 100 degrees. Don’t know how big your shed is but perhaps that might be an option??
So I'm in a 12x6ft shed (approx). In there I've put together an 800x800mm tent. It fits extremely snug, touching the pointed roof either side. Leaves me just enough room for moving around and being able to take them out individually for feeding, trimming etc. If you think that would work for that i'd be keen to look into what you use buddy. I'm in germination stage right now and I will give the first couple of weeks inside my house before I transfer them out to the habitat, so I have a bit of time to play with.....

I grow indoors with a 20,000 BTU Split AC. My mate growing in greenhouse, hyeah it gets hot but the humidity os worse for him. He’s a magician with 30 years experience 🤷🏽. He jas had mould though. Also the greenhouse is plastic walled so they can toll them up for breeze.

@Jon uses this style and very nicely implemented it is too!

They are also much cheaper - AC prices always look crazy in the UK, I guess as its such a niche product there. I only have one friend out all the people I know there with AC.

Nick

IMG_2920.jpeg

So I'm in a 12x6ft shed (approx). In there I've put together an 800x800mm tent. It fits extremely snug, touching the pointed roof either side. Leaves me just enough room for moving around and being able to take them out individually for feeding, trimming etc. If you think that would work for that i'd be keen to look into what you use buddy. I'm in germination stage right now and I will give the first couple of weeks inside my house before I transfer them out to the habitat, so I have a bit of time to play with.....
Well, here’s a picture of how I do it in the tent for photos. For photos you have to light seal it. For autos I take all that crap out and just use the unit. In your space you’d have to find a way to make it so it blows in but the hot exhaust out the back is not an issue. Not sure how you’d do that but obviously the unit can’t be in the space with the plants. For that size I think the same style window unit would potentially work but maybe go in the 8000 btu size rather than the 5000 btu size I use. The picture Nick shared is likely a 5000 Btu for reference. That’s all I got. Lol. But they cool and also lower humidity very effectively in a 5x5. It would be cool if you had or could borrow one to see if it might work.

IMG_0552.jpeg

I think you can get that style up to at least 12,000BTU - don’t see them much here in Thailand as apartment blocks tend to have centralised AC or just built with split style or cartridge style. In HK they are everywhere. One per room in older buildings.

Nick

Well, here’s a picture of how I do it in the tent for photos. For photos you have to light seal it. For autos I take all that crap out and just use the unit. In your space you’d have to find a way to make it so it blows in but the hot exhaust out the back is not an issue. Not sure how you’d do that but obviously the unit can’t be in the space with the plants. For that size I think the same style window unit would potentially work but maybe go in the 8000 btu size rather than the 5000 btu size I use. The picture Nick shared is likely a 5000 Btu for reference. That’s all I got. Lol. But they cool and also lower humidity very effectively in a 5x5. It would be cool if you had or could borrow one to see if it might work.

IMG_0552.jpeg
Thank you, Jon. Sorry for late reply been mega busy with work and what not. I've got around 3 weeks I'd say before I'll be shifting into the tent. So I have a small amount of time to play with and to look into all this. Much obliged 🙏🏻🙏🏻

I think you can get that style up to at least 12,000BTU - don’t see them much here in Thailand as apartment blocks tend to have centralised AC or just built with split style or cartridge style. In HK they are everywhere. One per room in older buildings.

Nick
Cheers Nick. I hope your well dude and things are coming along for you and your garden 🤞🏻 ill be looking into this extensively over the next day or two. I'll be back in touch before i make any decisions if you don't mind....

I say garden. That would be a huge understatement for 70 plants 😅

Right, an update at last. Work has been stupidly busy and I really didn't want to get going and find I didn't have adequate time to get a proper job done. That'd just be neglect. A good start is pivotal to a successful and healthy life.

The seeds are settled and sound asleep. Finally this ball starts rolling. I've dropped them all in the at exact same depths in a regular compost mix. They will sit pretty on the window sill that sees the larger amount of sun through the day.

20230517_190405.jpg

20230517_190716.jpg

20230517_190922.jpg

20230517_191132.jpg

So, I had a delivery a few days ago and some of the packaging that came with is just looked ideal for me to use for this stage. If I feel something can be useful or would suit a purpose a little bit down the line, I'm definitely saving it somewhere for a rainy day, it also cuts down on cost! Tip of the day!

20230517_211420.jpg

20230517_211456.jpg

20230517_211526.jpg

20230517_211837.jpg

I had a plastic lid for a dome laying around so I thought I'd place it on top to enhance the light and also to create a bit of humidity.

I use a regular bottle sprayer you can get from any DIY place to spray 2/3 times a day. Keeping the soil moist and also adding to the humidity.

Now it's a waiting game. Really hoping to see these pop in a couple of days, I used this same method for my last grow and luckily all 4 opened up pretty much in sync. I put that down to beginners luck so lets see how we go🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

See you in a few days.

Be safe ✌🏻 👌🏻
SC 💚

Let's gooo 👌🏽 looks good broooo! 🤞🏽 100% germ. Pots look good I wonder if they would degrade quick enough to plant the whole thing 🤔 probably not a good idea but looks like them fibre pots 🤣

Let's gooo 👌🏽 looks good broooo! 🤞🏽 100% germ. Pots look good I wonder if they would degrade quick enough to plant the whole thing 🤔 probably not a good idea but looks like them fibre pots 🤣
Thank you mate 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Yeah, keep them fingers and toes crossed for me. The conditions will be just right for them anyway, so no reason why not. I doubt they will lol it'd be nice though, but this material especially it will be so much easier to release them and get them into there forever pots 👌🏻

No wuicker way to my heart rhat repurposing hackaday type stuff to do anything - kinda my ethos. When it involves stuff its particularly fun!

Looks cool bro. Keeps rhe mumidirt up. Probably any light might get a speckle of focus through the last glance at moisture droplets.

Dunno but love your mini cover!

Nick

Dani good evening 🙏🏻

Thanks for stopping by. Appreciate your company!

My first list was well thought out and well envisioned. To be really honest, I was extremely gutted. I ordered from a bank close to me in the UK and they quite obviously go ahead and source the seeds for you. Long story short, I'll be sticking to the gospel advice I get here and whom I've used before....

Your right about the sativas I'm actually a fan of near 50/50s more

SC 💚

Morning Mr crumpet, hope you and your family are good bro did you have a nice trip last weekend?
How's them seedlings doing?? 🤞🏽Give me a shout me if you need anything bro ✌🏽

Back
Top Bottom