Unnoticed pollen sacs open in my grow room!

Detroit Shroomz

Long story short...I fucked up and missed some balls that shouldn't have been there in the first place. Although they are the smallest pollen flowers Ive ever seen they opened nevertheless dont know if they even released or if they were empty...4 weeks into flower how screwed am I?

The way it sounds I don't think that you have any major problem figuring that the "some balls" you mention is just two or three on a plant. Just keep a watch for new male flowers that will try to sneak in.

When I find them I just cut off the male flowers if possible. If it is just a set of bananas that will be what I cut. If it is a ball hanging off the stem I will watch it for a day or two and as soon as it starts to open I remove it. I noticed that if I cut them off to soon they seem to show up again somewhere else. If I let them ripen a bit and wait a bit before cutting the plant is not as likely to replace them. If it is a banana inside a bud I will cut off the bud if it is very small. I usually treat a larger bud by gently reaching in and cutting just the male part. Sometimes a

If I see a banana or two starting to form in the large buds at the top of the plant then I figure that the plant is pretty much ripe and is trying to produce seeds while it still can.

It happens. I just had that problem with my last harvest. I got seeds sadly.

Good thing tho we made pre-rolls a crap ton of em.

Spray your room with water that will nutralize any stray pollen. Just give your girls a light shower. Hope for the best..... you should be able to see the seeds starting to form is they are pollinated.

Not all that terrible, seeds don't effect the final product that much unless there's a lot of them. Remember the olden days, that's all they was, sinsemilla wasn't even an option. If it's a good strain seeds can be a plus.
Its a unstable strain apparently...first run with that plant no issues cloned it now it hermed so those seeds will be shitbut its all good was bag seed...that plant im not worried about just dont want to spoil the crop

Not all that terrible, seeds don't effect the final product that much unless there's a lot of them. Remember the olden days, that's all they was, sinsemilla wasn't even an option. If it's a good strain seeds can be a plus been on a pheno hunt for the last 2 years got some good ones but I finally with this run found a 1 n a million phenotype and now its at risk of being seeded...smh luckly shes cloned already waiting to veg

Long story short...I fucked up and missed some balls that shouldn't have been there in the first place. Although they are the smallest pollen flowers Ive ever seen they opened nevertheless dont know if they even released or if they were empty...4 weeks into flower how screwed am I?
Likely they will make a few of your flowers preggo..but honestly I do a lot of cross breeding and make transgender plants pump pollen regularly..I find that yes it cuts back on potency..but it will still get you high..dont sweat it bro..just save the seeds and do a regrow..next time you will see the balls..I make feminized seeds to avoid the Male plants when I'm growing for crop..but honestly back in the day..we all smoked seedy weed.. it still works..

Back
Top Bottom