Up to date LED lights guide

As an example $1000 worth of Mars 2 gets you two lights that draw 780w each so that is 1560w or 1.56 watts per dollar.
$1000 worth of advanced DS XML 350 gets you one light that draws 330w for 0.33 wp$. Which do you think Produces more 1560w or 330w?- it's a no brainer. The advanced ds xml costs 4.7 TIMES AS MUCH FOR SAME WATTS. Not sure why this has to get argued so often, it seems extremely clear. Get as many Mars 2 or eshine 3G diamond series as you can afford / fit in your space

At those prices. Someone could buy new lights each grow and still make a nice living! LoL

The crazy thing is. That it is true....

Yeah at your $200 an ounce price one Mars 2 with real draw of 760w producing 24 oz (or more with practice) is $4800 worth on first grow from a $500 light. So it pays for itself 10x over if you get the bigger ones...

$200 an OZ? I wish I could get it for $200, I'm paying $400!! That's why I started growing my own. I'm in a 36" X 18" X 72" cabinet with a 96X3 Mars reflector. I just germinated a seed 10-days ago and it just started making it's 3rd node this morning. I'm hydro and my light is 24" above the plant. How close do you guys run your LED's at early veg? Thanks

:) That's due to the way that each lamp produces light. An LED lamp does not emit much thermal radiation as light. Its power is only used to push electrons around, which is pretty much what a Playstation does.

Electromagnetic radiation is emitted whenever electrons are taken to a higher energy level before dropping in some way. The sudden drop in energy is compensated by the release of photons.

In HPS lamps, this is achieved by using an electric arc in an ionized atmosphere of vaporized sodium and mercury, enclosed in translucent alumina. It is a thermal conversion of electrical energy into light energy, whereas the light from LEDs is produced individually, by electrons losing energy when they fall into a "gap" in a semiconductor.

Visible LEDs use semiconducting material with predetermined band gaps of a certain size that electrons are pushed across to produce photons in a particular wavelength. This type of light is called electroluminescence and is a non-thermal conversion of electrical energy into light energy.

The heat from any lamp is generated by the electrical energy used for photon production, plus the photon production process itself. In this regard, all lights and Playstations of a comparable wattage will produce the same amount of heat from the actual equipment, however, HPS lamps emit much more radiant heat because the energy is used to make an electric arc; which is hot, like the sun.

Not sure the laser thermometer is really helpful that is temperature not quantity of heat. If I were to put a stick of burning incense in my room it would show 400C with laser thermometer - would it heat my grow cabinet? No.
I pointed it directly to the lights source which generates the heat and if you are running them in a tent that plays into factor. Heat is heat and an incense is tiny compared to the panel the has 324 5 watt diodes. I bet you if you had 324 incense burning it would heat up your room. I have 2 Mars 1600 and I have to keep my tent open while the lights are on.

Back
Top Bottom