Using clear plastic versus black for drying room?

pointer80

Hello all, I have a question. I usually build a temporary drying room in my garage using black plastic and I keep the temperature and humidity controlled and it works great but it’s hard to find the size of black plastic I need so I was wondering if I could use clear instead? My garage has four little windows which I would cover to keep it a little darker in the garage. Just wondering if it would have that big of a negative impact on the drying process? Thanks all

Hello all, I have a question. I usually build a temporary drying room in my garage using black plastic and I keep the temperature and humidity controlled and it works great but it’s hard to find the size of black plastic I need so I was wondering if I could use clear instead? My garage has four little windows which I would cover to keep it a little darker in the garage. Just wondering if it would have that big of a negative impact on the drying process? Thanks all
Hello Pointer - not entirely sure what the plastic is for?
Don't you just blackout the windows and hang it on a line with your A/C?
Sorry if I am not understanding you correctly

Hello Pointer - not entirely sure what the plastic is for?
Don't you just blackout the windows and hang it on a line with your A/C?
Sorry if I am not understanding you correctly
I have a 30x30 garage so I hang plastic to create a little room inside the garage and then I can more accurately control temp, humidity and air flow

I have a 30x30 garage so I hang plastic to create a little room inside the garage and then I can more accurately control temp, humidity and air flow
Ah, gotcha - in that case no, clear plastic won't make any difference, since it will be dark
It's only really direct sunlight that is said to damage but I suspect the effect is minuscule since weed is dried in the sun all over the world

Back
Top Bottom