Using fish tank water for your grow?

If you are looking for a scale; nutrient are measured by the amount of fish food per day. 10 grams of fish food will produce enough waste to feed 1 square foot of aquaponic medium feeding vigorous vegetative growth. Young and mature plants that are not in vigorous growth will not keep up with that bio load. Keep in mind that is all the nutrients that plant is receiving in a hydro tone medium. I would go with 5 grams of food to feed one plant, mid veg, in soil, as a base line. You could also use it as a foliar feed.

I'm gonna buy some Vit c and give it a go. I've been letting chlorine evaporate from tap water for the cannabis plants. I have several friends who grow over here using water straight from the tap and they grow nice buds but I don't want to try that lol. We live north Scotland and our water quality is very good, it's soft water. Vit c seems more of a natural approach though.
Be sure to get the ascorbic acid type.
I get my from the Amazon in powder for. It comes in a white bag with an orange fitness logo.

Damn, glad I caught this thread - I was all gung ho and set to use Seachem Prime and thought maybe I had stumbled across a great solution for our water which records indicate have a 1.77 PPM (mg/L) chlorine/amine combined rating (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada)

I had no idea it was so frowned upon in the community. Picked up some Vitamin C (Pure Absorbic Acid powder) luckily right here in town - our local health food store has it in bulk at a $10/less per lb price than Amazon

A real shame about the Seachem Prime - I already bought it and have no aquarium, was strictly going to be for cannabis. Damn.

Back
Top Bottom