Varied list of Infrequently Asked Questiions

Greetings 420magizine folks and may I offer my heartfelt thanks for this platform! I've read so much my head hurts and it'll be a long time before I can remedy...

First, I am a mmj cardholder for providing my own grown medicine. I am a homesteader by the use of my time and enjoyment and I've fallen behind in my duties due to pain.

Second
My pertinent circumstances are that I'm located miles beyond the power grid in the ballpark of the 49th so indoor production is cost prohibitive and outdoor production frost prohibitive.
I'm piecing together an "outside the box " approach to my tailored Charlie Foxtrot and would appreciate direction in whom to ask or which links to dig through.

My inside fix us thus:
Gotta be LED. Due to the way my juice is regulated and made friendly with the machines , total watts at the wall may not exceed 400.
I build my own soil and would never refer to it as organic in the usda vernacular. Medium will be soil.
Goal is for two plants to provide an average of two ounces per month over the course of the winter/ spring and summer while waiting for the 2017 outdoor harvest in September or October.
The salve I make for topical application uses an ounce or "two" and a batch per month is required.
Of course, if quantities are greater, so is my perspective...I am allowed ( ponder those three words strung together...It is offensive to me btw...) four mature plants and 12 seedlings up to 12" in height. An outdoor harvest will not be possible until this time next year unless I employee an over abundance of auto flowers which I would like to know all about but believe they will impede my goal of staying within the confines of the structured " allowances "
My outdoor conditions are remote and isolated, multiple directional exposures with varied microclimates. Water available at each. Forest floor. Concealment and stealth are of minimal concern but feel free to chime in for I may not see something you see...
I have A spattering of seeds I found in a hollow log, apparently stored by some local Grizz or such but he wasn't home and normally I wouldn't take something that wasn't mine but I had a feeling he had just spaced where he had left them and I figured id replace them with fresh stock from a carefully chosen pollinated flower from couple of his grown out plants should he reemerge In the future looking for his stash...
If you've gotten this far, you have my sincere gratitude!advice and opinions are graciously accepted and encouraged. I very much look forward to hearing from all of you seasoned veterans of vegging!

Well, I'll get this ball rolling...

You need 2oz a month
You can only have 4 flowering plants at a time
12 vegging plants 12" or less
Total grow can only consume 400 watts

This should be easily obtainable.

Need to know what other resources you have to work with:

Environment. Can you control the temperature regardless of the weather outside? Same question for humidity. If not, what are your expected temperatures in the room you will grow in. Same question for humidity. Environment is the single most important aspect of a successful grow. Tell us everything you can about temps and humidity, and to what degree you can control them.

Space. How much room do you have to work with? You will need a separate area for veg and flower. Will you be using the whole room, or using tents/custom cabinets? If tents/cabinets, will they be located in the same room?

Electrical. I see you're off-grid. Are you only able to use DC power? Is power available 24hrs a day for the 400 watts?

Money. Do you have a budget?

How much dried product are you allowed to keep?

Some ponderings .... A south facing greenhouse room attached to the house to extend your growing season?

Would starting 2 autos every 2 weeks with a 10 week growth timeline give you what you need and keep you within the limits? I think an ounce per plant is doable possibly 2? Still a problem getting to mid June 2017 when first spring crop can be ready starting at spring solstice.

Using wood heat? Perhaps an inline fan and duct into the grow room gives you spring and fall heat sufficient to maintain the grow?

You should be able to use a lot of the sugar leaves for the salve.

Autos are best for short grow seasons - it's the ruderalis component.

A link to methods of use including creams if you didn't find it >> Methods of Medication

I

Howdy masonman and oldbear
And thanks for chiming in. I'll try to answer as much as I can. Budget? Absolutely a consideration. It is low. I opted to live in poverty as opposed to the "death debt" ( mortgage) so I paid off the place to ensure there would be no future homelessness.
Doing so restricted the "normal" niceties until the curve straightens. We're close to that point now but I still have fiscal restrictions and I'm cool with that!
How much dried product? Laughably, one ounce!!! Sorry... It states one ounce possession.

Montana

I'm sure there is a recessive gene thought process that came to this figure but that's the challenge I need to deal with. Of course I will feed all trimmings and leavings to the livestock should there be more than one ounce...

Power should be 24/7 microhydro and solar array each feeding small 24v system. All large consumptive draws will be by generator leaving the other power produced to the "lab". The lab is an unused bedroom on the second floor that is above the main heat source( wood stove) in the living room. It is vented in the heat collecting corner to the lab but will need to be ducted to the "tent" which will be homemade using ridged foam insulation as well as Mylar bubble wrap style insulation to boot. If necessary, additional heat may be provided as needed once I know optimum temps and humidity. I can stretch a btu...humidity is usually pretty high indoors in the winter in this house. There is always a very large pot or pots of water heating...
Ten week autos... Is that from germination to harvest? A couple strains from the grizz were ruderallis crosses but no journal to denote how long each would be...seeds were plentiful enough to do two seeds every two weeks if they all pop but I think I'd feel better with known genetics of a particular strain at first.
The tent can be made to be as large as needed within reason as applied to the footprint of the grow light.
As to the sugar leaves and salve? All parts of the buffalo are used in this home! Besides.... It'll be free from my one ounce limit!!
The south facing greenhouse addition is coming but it may not be until next year.
Again, thank you for joining in here!!

There are several seed sellers as sponsors. You can check out the many different autos available with different timing, volume produced, and strength. There are different strains available for different medical conditions being treated.

With only one plant per month you should get 2 ounces per month pretty easily. So if you started 3 initially to create a reserve then 1 per month after you should have ample supply over the year.

The ratios of what you can have don't make sense - these will be > 12 inches long before they are finished.

Synopsis of case 15-0055 filed February 25th from Montana Supreme Court found that the legislative "enactment" amending laws voted on by the people was not in violation of their( people) constitutional rights..... If you can find it( came up in my search engine by " synopsis......") As above. Seems the term" rational " is thrown around a bit...2011 these restrictions were placed on the people as a blanket in order to " re(non) legislate" their(legislators) original "intent"......
No matter that the people exercised their right by vote on a poorly legislated( opinion) act, but changing terms and definitions without consulting those that only voted on what was presented is not the fault of the people and should be addressed once again at the ballot, not by dictatorial enactment( still an opinion)
So.... Until the Montana Mensa gets all their ahem in one bag and successfully retains it as opposed to driving down the road with said bag on the roof, one ounce in possession it is....
Worse even yet, the November ballot will contain a question to even continue a mmj option in the state...
Uh.... Many uses for rope there, masonman.... I'm sure what yer incineratin' is for tying into place a low Ryder attempting to run amuck...?
Tried to apply my rational processes to this as a " technically " considered option.... But I come to the term mature in my allowance.... Is a plant at maturity before its harvested? How long? A just flowering plant is not yet mature, non?
Oldbear, thanks for directing me to sponsors... Will stroll through the mall in a bit.

Yeah, 4 girls in flower, 12 vegging less than 12", and can only possess an ounce is retarded!!!

The rope was for tying down all 12 vegging girls, keeping them under 12"... lol

like this...

DSCN042414.jpg
DSCN042315.jpg

Good golly masonman that's pretty! Is that your current grow or file footage? That's about the best image I could request to show how I'd like each of my two plants to appear!

Good golly masonman that's pretty! Is that your current grow or file footage? That's about the best image I could request to show how I'd like each of my two plants to appear!

Thank you ETET
That is my current. There is a link to my journal below in my signature. I'm expecting 9-10 ounces (possibly 12) using 285 watts for the light, and maybe 50 more watts for a circulation fan and exhaust. Of course, that doesn't include AC and dehumidifier I have to run because I live in the red states.

That plant is pushing the limits of what I'm able to do in my size cabinet and light.

Back
Top Bottom