Ventilation/Design in my cardboard growbox

WeedandTittys

Hey everyone I am new to the forum, and I did rather extensive research before building my growbox, basically by combing through forums and looking for any help online and the aspect I am still the most unsure of is ventilation. My box is not too big-just for one plant- about 40x24x24 (inches)and my light is a 40 watt 5000k CFL. I built a passive intake system(cutting matching holes parallel to each other on two sides) however it seemed like a lot of light was escaping so I built a hood for the holes, just an angle piece of cardboard to redirect the light, the openings are still there. I was concerned about ventilation still so I put a fan in the box, it is just a bit too big for me to put it anywhere but it does fit. I have angled it upward in hopes that with the passive intake and air flow from the fan would be adequate ventilation. Does anyone have any good advice for me? Am I doing anything terribly wrong or will my setup work for the entire lifespan of my plant?

here's the interior
gb11.jpg

And the two passive intake holes
gb21.jpg

gb3.jpg

You're setup is very impressive. Honestly, I think I'll have to make my next growbox exactly like that. I think the only present modification I can make it the exhaust fan. However, I plan to re-build when I get the money. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom