Wake up people

Just to recap, as posted earlier this is an excerpt from the forum guidelines giving a brief explanation of why they do not want negative names associated with cannabis...

''Please refrain from discussing Cannabis strains that are named after illegal drugs. We do not host grow journals that refer to any of these strains by name. We find it unfortunate that breeders have made the decision to associate our favorite harmless flower with these dangerous substances, and we do not wish to participate in the furtherance of this trend. We reserve the right to alter or remove any of these references, without notification, to avoid "hits" from search engines.''

:peace:

I agree w/much of what has been typed by the 2 poster above me. I have had many posts edited or just trashed altogether.

Just for the record, I have run sites/forums on a few different scenes on the W3 and I feel I am more than qualified to chime in here as I believe this is of utmost importance in the keeping of a healthy, happy, mostly free web family... that's what we ideally are!

I do understand that the rules implemented on this site are there for a reason... that doesn't mean that they are permanent and not in need of revision, failure to do so can keep a site in the dark ages till all free thinking members move on elsewhere to a place they feel best represents them as a forum/family member.

W/o diving into a long ass diatribe on what I like or think, I will try, to quicly convey my thoughts on this matter...
I really do feel that, if we are to bill this site as a "mature, family atmosphere canna educational type forum"... then some of the rules do need to be amended to give us the freedom to express ourselves on issues dealing w/real life cannabis issues and other things like...
What is wrong w/a thread that talks about pairing beer and wine w/certain strains of cannabis... seems to me that, that particular subject is in keeping w/mature, real life cannabis usage... yet, I wrote a thread exactly like that and it was removed because of the mention of alcohol!

My point is this... I can't be the only one who feels like someone is holding me by the lilly white to make sure I don't cross the proverbial lines!
I could see if there were some big prob w/members spamming useless garbage to make post points but... I feel that at large, the member stock here seems very much mature enough that the staffers could lighten up on the post editing/trashing and let the big people talk!

No offense is meant to any of 4420staffers/members, in fact, having done every forum job from mod to Admin... I retain the utmost respect for those who give so freely of their time... thanks!

Wow...well balanced post.

I have belonged to other topic specific forums and knew personally some of the owners of those forums. Those people work hard at bringing their hope for change and understanding to issues we want to discuss openly by devoting their time, effort, and considerable expertise to topics many of us really enjoy. You will not find mediums in which you can express your views and in no small way learn from others like you can on this forum in the mainstream media or even other sites similar to this. It is why I joined. I do not want to discuss tobacco, other drugs, or fishing, or anything else. I joined this forum for one purpose. To learn and to share my experience as it relates to mj.

LSD is not just a name. It does have connotations that are not related to this forum. I do not totally agree with the moderators. I do feel there is some room for common sense. However, I do feel the moderators/owners of this site have every right to limit it's contents. If you don't agree, you can go to other forums, or request that they review the policy. If, they do not change the policy to your liking then you only have two choices. Comply or leave. This is not a free speech issue. The issue here is that you feel offended by the removal of your post. Understandable. Now the ball is in your court.
:peacetwo:

Well, little missbx shows up and comments on Captian Kronics posting and made my brain go into overdrive again lol :loopy: Thanks missbx, I actually like it when that happens, keeps me on my toes.

"Captain Kronic

I really do feel that, if we are to bill this site as a "mature, family atmosphere canna educational type forum"... then some of the rules do need to be amended to give us the freedom to express ourselves on issues dealing w/real life cannabis issues and other things like...

What is wrong w/a thread that talks about pairing beer and wine w/certain strains of cannabis... seems to me that, that particular subject is in keeping w/mature, real life cannabis usage... yet, I wrote a thread exactly like that and it was removed because of the mention of alcohol!'"

It would be a very good discussion for those who are like minded. Personally, I like to rock the H2O, goes with everything :winkyface: But there are those "connoisseurs" who would enjoy discussing the pairing of beer/wine with different strains of cannabis. I agree 100% that this 'is in keeping with mature, real life cannabis usage.' Is it right for 420 Magazine's Mission? If they stand by their mission it isn't. It would be nice to see Captian Kronic get his thread, maybe as a collective we could figure out a way to make it happen so it falls within the guidelines of what 420 Mag is trying to accomplish. But that's a toughy :hmmmm: Even my time at the gym today didn't bring any light to this matter, that's usually when :idea: goes on.

I really love this site and have the highest respect for everyone's opinions. You all bring something valuable to the table which is helping me grow, think and learn about things in different ways. :thanks:

It does have connotations that are not related to this forum. I do not totally agree with the moderators. I do feel there is some room for common sense. However, I do feel the moderators/owners of this site have every right to limit it's contents. If you don't agree, you can go to other forums, or request that they review the policy. If, they do not change the policy to your liking then you only have two choices. Comply or leave. This is not a free speech issue. The issue here is that you feel offended by the removal of your post. Understandable. Now the ball is in your court.

It is, What it is..! Cannabis only Related site... :yummy: :thumb:

MV... :popcorn:

I just want to thank the 420mag staff for doing whatever it is they are doing to keep these forums the way they are. I have been on these forums daily since I found them due to their very nature - a mature and very friendly place to talk about Cannabis. :thanks:

There are plenty of sites on the net that allow you to talk about Cannabis that aren't moderated the way this one is. Do I visit them? No. Why? They are just like most of the rest of the forums on the net, full of very angry Trolls and Flamers, and frankly I don't want to have to deal with that when trying to get some info or the latest news on Cannabis.

These forums are incredibly friendly and a very comfortable place to discuss my favorite plant with other reasonable, rational, mature individuals who share my passion. I really hope they stay that way.

I have been corrected/edited once again! Apparently, I misread the rules and... we are not suppose to become friends here... I know... but that's what the message said... NO HOOKING UP... no taking friendships to the next level... whatever that level is!

Not really sure how to take that one... I thought we were encouraged to get to know each other... in a symbiotic, W3, internet kind of way... nope! Why then do we even have the lil send a friend request thing... it's a confusing message, or, maybe I've just been in the woods too long!

Anyways, see... we all get edited/curbed, however you want to phrase it! I'm just gonna do what I always do and say F*CK THE LIL SHITE, move on and do what I do best... 420 on peeps!

Captain...come on, I mean, really? I honestly thought we were done with this thread.

You start off saying you were "...corrected/edited once again! Apparently, I misread the rules...." But then continue to complain about the lack of Social Networking on 420 Magazine. Well, let me re-iterate, that 420 Magazine is the Cannabis Reference source online, and we want to keep it that way. This does not include Social Networking - please take that to another forum.

For clarification on why we do not allow meeting in real life, I'll quote our new Questions and Answers - Hookups thread:

Why am I not allowed to ask someone to meet up with me in real life?

"Due to possible legal and personal repercussions to this site and its valued members, 420Magazine.com does not allow any member to discuss meeting another member in person. This is the Internet, and unless you already know the person you're talking to on here in real life, there is no way to know who you're actually talking to. The person behind that screen name could be anyone, regardless of who they say they are. You can make a post that says you're attending a certain Cannabis or Hemp related event, but you cannot suggest or imply that you want to meet up with someone from here. This is our policy, and we do so in an effort to keep our members safe and secure."

So, we are really looking out for you and your safety, when editing threads based on our hookup policy.

You can make a post that says you're attending a certain Cannabis or Hemp related event, but you cannot suggest or imply that you want to meet up with someone from here. This is our policy, and we do so in an effort to keep our members safe and secure."

So, we are really looking out for you and your safety, when editing threads based on our hookup policy.

:bravo:

This seems a great opportunity to promote your local collective and discuss the great services that they provide to people in need of quality meds. As I read this post it sounds to me that if one was involved in a mmj collective, that is doing good work, they would be able to reach more people that support our efforts to educate and support mmj through this forum. I'm just throwing an idea out there. What do you think?

:bravo:

This seems a great opportunity to promote your local collective and discuss the great services that they provide to people in need of quality meds. As I read this post it sounds to me that if one was involved in a mmj collective, that is doing good work, they would be able to reach more people that support our efforts to educate and support mmj through this forum. I'm just throwing an idea out there. What do you think?

Greetings....

Thank you for your post and opportunity to clarify our policy in regards to forming a dispensary. Our guidelines prohibit the solicitation of our members by anyone other than our paid sponsors.

The law is still pretty fluid in the area of Co-ops and Collectives and our lawyers have advised us not to allow the website to become a defacto participating party in the organization of any coops/collectives.

We consider it most unfortunate that depending on organizational details, legal interpretation, and political mood/will, it is possible for storefront dispensaries to be considered legal by some and illegal by others. This is why our mission is so important to us and why we must be ultra careful with the enforcement of our guidelines, thereby ensuring the fight goes on.

420 Magazine has the utmost respect for those working in the Co-ops and Collectives and what you are doing to help the sick and dying.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

This is the Internet, and unless you already know the person you're talking to on here in real life, there is no way to know who you're actually talking to. The person behind that screen name could be anyone, regardless of who they say they are.

I had a friend tell me once that in order to cover your a** online, follow these rules:

1. If the person you are talking to says they are a guy, then they are a guy.
2. If the person says they are a girl, then they are a guy.
3. If the person says they are a kid, then they are a cop.

Made me laugh, but good rules to follow none the less! :grinjoint:

I had a friend tell me once that in order to cover your a** online, follow these rules:

1. If the person you are talking to says they are a guy, then they are a guy.
2. If the person says they are a girl, then they are a guy.
3. If the person says they are a kid, then they are a cop.

Made me laugh, but good rules to follow none the less! :grinjoint:

Excellent ;)

I'm also quite sure that there are no rippers that would ever consider surfing our site. Even if they did, I can't imagine they'd take any interest in some of these showcase medical grows.

Well, maybe they would find the medical grows interesting, but they're medicinal for sick people right - no chance someone would stoop so low as to think about stealing from a medical grower.

You know, even if they did think about it, I'm sure everyone here would be savy enough to know not to give their information out - right?

Just because people met here and talked for a few months by private message, does not mean everyone is who they say they are and are free from ulterior motives.

We need to have this rule ;)

Please consider, and all sarcasm aside, that the staff here have more data in this area than you as a member do. We deal with problems that arise and create our site's policies to prevent troubles for our members.

If no one knows who you are in real life, then your personal "firewall" is intact.

Excellent ;)

We need to have this rule ;)

Please consider, and all sarcasm aside, that the staff here have more data in this area than you as a member do. We deal with problems that arise and create our site's policies to prevent troubles for our members.

If no one knows who you are in real life, then your personal "firewall" is intact.

Please consider, and all sarcasm aside...!

If the Cops came to your house and took 22oz's of Cannabis, all your grow equipment,$20.000 dollors in guns and fucked your hole house up and a judge said give it all back...!
Do you really think a firewall is going to stop the pricks...?

We need to have rules here @ 420Magazine it is, what it is...
Thank you 420, I might not agree with all of them but I am glad you have them.
:adore:

I am not drinking turpentine, and pissing on any body's fire... :)

MV... :rollit:

I thought so too, it would appear not!
Cyclist... where is it that I said I was or even wanted to "hook up" w/anyone... I have lived where I am for almost 35 years and still only have 2 or 3 brues that I associate w/... so, as you may surmise, I'm not overly friendly/gregarious... whatever.

What I said about relationships here, and "the next level, whatever level that may be" does not mean I am planning on meeting someone off site in any way or form. I simply implied that people here are going to get to know each other better just through our posting and other interactions here on 420 magazine forums... nothing more... nothing less.
And I quote
"I thought we were encouraged to get to know each other... in a symbiotic, W3, internet kind of way... nope!"
Now... maybe you should read that post again and this time, read like it was written... to show others that, even though I don't agree I try to follow the rules here... So... once again... like I said, F*CK THE LIL SHITE... I'm moving on!
Captain...come on, I mean, really? I honestly thought we were done with this thread.

You start off saying you were "...corrected/edited once again! Apparently, I misread the rules...." But then continue to complain about the lack of Social Networking on 420 Magazine. Well, let me re-iterate, that 420 Magazine is the Cannabis Reference source online, and we want to keep it that way. This does not include Social Networking - please take that to another forum.

For clarification on why we do not allow meeting in real life, I'll quote our new Questions and Answers - Hookups thread:

Why am I not allowed to ask someone to meet up with me in real life?

"Due to possible legal and personal repercussions to this site and its valued members, 420Magazine.com does not allow any member to discuss meeting another member in person. This is the Internet, and unless you already know the person you're talking to on here in real life, there is no way to know who you're actually talking to. The person behind that screen name could be anyone, regardless of who they say they are. You can make a post that says you're attending a certain Cannabis or Hemp related event, but you cannot suggest or imply that you want to meet up with someone from here. This is our policy, and we do so in an effort to keep our members safe and secure."

Well said Stiletto.

Im not going to lie I haven't read the rules so I know there are some finer points I probably don't know.

However I like how these forums are modded and have no complaints. I understand there are liabilities and this as being a business. Word search hits, Advertisers, protecting the dimwitted and overly trusting, Promoting a good medical marijuana mantra including proper use. Im all for freedoms but this is a business as much as a community and it costs money to run.

I think the protecting people from meeting thing is kind of a no brainer, for something like this considering the legality issues and money in growing. I mean I still wont post my pics because I am a paranoid guy. Im starting to rethink that though since I want to win some SNS products, since I know how much theyre worth now ;)

If you don't like the rules then don't participate, simple enough.

Greetings....

Thank you for your post and opportunity to clarify our policy in regards to forming a dispensary. Our guidelines prohibit the solicitation of our members by anyone other than our paid sponsors.

The law is still pretty fluid in the area of Co-ops and Collectives and our lawyers have advised us not to allow the website to become a defacto participating party in the organization of any coops/collectives.

We consider it most unfortunate that depending on organizational details, legal interpretation, and political mood/will, it is possible for storefront dispensaries to be considered legal by some and illegal by others. This is why our mission is so important to us and why we must be ultra careful with the enforcement of our guidelines, thereby ensuring the fight goes on.

420 Magazine has the utmost respect for those working in the Co-ops and Collectives and what you are doing to help the sick and dying.

Thanks for the clarification! I agree with you 100%. It is still a very flux and tenuous situation as far as our laws are concerned and why I sat on the side lines for quite some time before joining this wonderful forum as I still fear fed prosecution. But I'm glad I did and we all can continue the fight together. And this IS a great place for like minded people. We can all make a difference locally without having to use this forum for things that the admin's determine may cause problems legally or otherwise. Your concerns are well justified.

Captain, let's try this one last time. I'll address your assertion that you have not ever requested a hookup first. While not as apparent in this thread, since you only mentioned "bringing friendships to the next level," you seem to actually referencing the advisement I sent you regarding another post. In that post, you were clearly working on potentially setting up a Collective, and requesting members PM you. Your statement from that post, "Send me a PM if you are interested" sure sounds like you were requesting a hookup, medical or not. As such, your post was deleted. Even if your were only referencing the comments made in this thread, your statement "bringing friendships to the next level" probably would have generated a Moderator edit to ensure you weren't talking about hookups.

You seem to understand our position and guidelines, yet still continue to question them. I'm sorry that you don't agree with the way we handle certain situations. I would like to assure you though, that we been running this website for almost 20 years and has never had any issues with the police, the government, anyone. Why? Because we follow the law. Our mission is to create Cannabis and Hemp awareness to fight and to better help others fight this war on a plant. After all, that is what the War on Drugs is about, a war of information. In this time, we have learned how to get that information out there without breaking any laws. Unfortunately, that means strict rules on here. The rules are not there to censor you. They are there to protect not only you but the website and all of the information it provides as well.

We want you on the site, provided you comply with our guidelines. We're all in this fight to legalize and spread awareness together, there's no reason we should be at odds.

Captain, let's try this one last time. I'll address your assertion that you have not ever requested a hookup first. While not as apparent in this thread, since you only mentioned "bringing friendships to the next level," you seem to actually referencing the advisement I sent you regarding another post.

If I could chime in here as well...

Intent cannot always be gleaned from the message that was posted. This is why our standard is to edit "when the post could possibly be interpreted as a hookup"

We feel it's better to lose an innocent post than to let a marginal one stand. Aside from compliance this tends to prevent multiplication because when one person sees another border line post and thinks "well that's OK to post here so I'll go ahead and post something similar", then we have more moderation to do.

Just trying to help explain the thinking ;) Thanks for your participation and support ;)

Back
Top Bottom