Want to upgrade using a quantum board instead of traditional LED

jaynewbie

Hi guys,

After my first successful grow, i've learnt some few steps to improve.
One of it was reducing the heat in the tent.

I'm planning to use the following setup :-
120*60*150cm
4" intake take 220rpm
6"exhaust fan 440rpm

I was thinking of trying out quantum board led.
I'm looking to only grow max 2 plants, is 120w or 240w sufficient with 3500k for both vege and flowering till the end phase.
And i hear samsung LM301H diode is better?

I would like to hear your feedbacks tq.
Newbie here still doing research

Quantum boards would be a great upgrade. I have a 135 4000k single board setup I use for veg, it works great in my 3x3 tent. I also have a 260 watt in 3500 k and it's a great setup as well.

3500 k would work well to use from veg to flower because it has just a bit of blue in the spectrum which is what you want for vegging to keep the node spacing tight.

2 plants under a 260 in a 2x4 would be a great setup and definitely enough light to have them finish nicely in flower.

The Samsung Lm301h diodes are a new release from Samsung and are specific designed for horticulture use.

Hi guys,

After my first successful grow, i've learnt some few steps to improve.
One of it was reducing the heat in the tent.

I'm planning to use the following setup :-
120*60*150cm
4" intake take 220rpm
6"exhaust fan 440rpm

I was thinking of trying out quantum board led.
I'm looking to only grow max 2 plants, is 120w or 240w sufficient with 3500k for both vege and flowering till the end phase.
And i hear samsung LM301H diode is better?

I would like to hear your feedbacks tq.
Newbie here still doing research
For your space, you would want the two board option.

We offer a 250w for a 2 x 4. The LM301H is the latest from Samsung. Yes you would want the 3500k spectrum for veg and flower.

Quantum boards would be a great upgrade. I have a 135 4000k single board setup I use for veg, it works great in my 3x3 tent. I also have a 260 watt in 3500 k and it's a great setup as well.

3500 k would work well to use from veg to flower because it has just a bit of blue in the spectrum which is what you want for vegging to keep the node spacing tight.

2 plants under a 260 in a 2x4 would be a great setup and definitely enough light to have them finish nicely in flower.

The Samsung Lm301h diodes are a new release from Samsung and are specific designed for horticulture use.

So for my size i need like two board at least? TQ @N420

For your space, you would want the two board option.

We offer a 250w for a 2 x 4. The LM301H is the latest from Samsung. Yes you would want the 3500k spectrum for veg and flower.

Do you sell em @Budget LED? Looking to score myself one.

Just gotta wait him come online, hopefully he ships it to worldwide

But when do i dim the lights? I'm still trying to connect the dots for the dim-able function for the QB
I dim the light down when the plants are young because the light at full strength can be too intense for them at that age. Then I slowly turn up the intensity as the plant gets bigger and more mature until it can handle the light at full strength.

I dim the light down when the plants are young because the light at full strength can be too intense for them at that age. Then I slowly turn up the intensity as the plant gets bigger and more mature until it can handle the light at full strength.

I see, that's very informative.
I assume there will be a switch on the maxwell driver to dim it? or you need to do wiring?

Both of the meanwell drivers on the Samsung kits I have are dimmed with a small Phillip's head screwdriver. You may be able to get a dial for dimming just check with the company you buy your light from.

Back
Top Bottom