My dream DIY LED setup

morphin

Hello everyone!

I need help and advice for my first LED DIY project.
Currently I'm using 2x600W HPS in my bloom room and 1x600W MH in VEG room.
Total I have 1800W light power and therefore the electricity bill comes too much and also I can't control the temperature in summers.
For avoiding these issues, I'm thinking to make DIY led setup using LM301B diodes.
It can be board or strip I don't care. My main goal is, it must be cheap indeed!

I'm thinking to make something like this but with 3 strip not 4;

Quantum-Board-96-samsung-LM301h-Led-Grow.jpg

Each strip include 96 diodes.
I'm thinking to change 2x600W HPS with 6 board "3 strip each board" total 18 strip and 1728 diodes.

FOR BLOOM ROOM:
I guess, using 2strip*2700k and 1strip*3000k for each board will be wonderful for this setup. What do you think?

To make 6 board I need;
- 12 Strip 2700K
- 6 Strip 3000K
- 3 * HLG-240H-24A (I'm not sure but it looks enough for 18 strip.)

FOR VEG ROOM:
I haven't decided yet. I'm not sure using 3k + 4k will make any differences. Maybe I sould go with 4k only. What do you think?

To make 4 board I need;
- 8 Strip 4000K
- 4 Strip 3000K
- 2 * HLG-240H-24A (I'm not sure but it looks enough for 12 strip.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 "HLG-240H-24A" total 1200 watt.

Also I will keep my HPS HID system and I will open them 2-3 hours in a day when it is needed. So I can get better yields towards the end.

PROBLEMS:
1- I don't trust Chinese suppliers. How can I be sure for I'm buying the real Samsung LM301B diodes?
2- I contacted a seller from alibaba. They say, the minimum order quantity is 80 pcs and the price is total $920.

I couldn't find a solution yet. I'm still looking a way to buy only 30 board for $200.
If I can't buy"30PCS board" than buying Atreum 288.2 more logical cause its $59/pcs. 10 board = $590... At least we know that, it is real LM301B.

QUESTION:
- When I check LM301B Tech Spec I see wattage is 0,2W.
288 diode * 0,2W = 57,6W.

- When I check atreum Tech Spec
  • 288pcs Samsung LM301B SK Bin high-quality diodes per Board
  • 3000K Spectrum
  • 80 CRI
  • 120W Nominal Power (54 VDC, 2200 mA)
Recommended LED drivers for this board:
  • 2 board: Meanwell HLG-240H-54A

Can you please tell me why the board is 120W?
What is the logic behind this?

Hello everyone!

I need help and advice for my first LED DIY project.
Currently I'm using 2x600W HPS in my bloom room and 1x600W MH in VEG room.
Total I have 1800W light power and therefore the electricity bill comes too much and also I can't control the temperature in summers.
For avoiding these issues, I'm thinking to make DIY led setup using LM301B diodes.
It can be board or strip I don't care. My main goal is, it must be cheap indeed!

I'm thinking to make something like this but with 3 strip not 4;

Quantum-Board-96-samsung-LM301h-Led-Grow.jpg

Each strip include 96 diodes.
I'm thinking to change 2x600W HPS with 6 board "3 strip each board" total 18 strip and 1728 diodes.

FOR BLOOM ROOM:
I guess, using 2strip*2700k and 1strip*3000k for each board will be wonderful for this setup. What do you think?

To make 6 board I need;
- 12 Strip 2700K
- 6 Strip 3000K
- 3 * HLG-240H-24A (I'm not sure but it looks enough for 18 strip.)

FOR VEG ROOM:
I haven't decided yet. I'm not sure using 3k + 4k will make any differences. Maybe I sould go with 4k only. What do you think?

To make 4 board I need;
- 8 Strip 4000K
- 4 Strip 3000K
- 2 * HLG-240H-24A (I'm not sure but it looks enough for 12 strip.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 "HLG-240H-24A" total 1200 watt.

Also I will keep my HPS HID system and I will open them 2-3 hours in a day when it is needed. So I can get better yields towards the end.

PROBLEMS:
1- I don't trust Chinese suppliers. How can I be sure for I'm buying the real Samsung LM301B diodes?
2- I contacted a seller from alibaba. They say, the minimum order quantity is 80 pcs and the price is total $920.

I couldn't find a solution yet. I'm still looking a way to buy only 30 board for $200.
If I can't buy"30PCS board" than buying Atreum 288.2 more logical cause its $59/pcs. 10 board = $590... At least we know that, it is real LM301B.

QUESTION:
- When I check LM301B Tech Spec I see wattage is 0,2W.
288 diode * 0,2W = 57,6W.

- When I check atreum Tech Spec
  • 288pcs Samsung LM301B SK Bin high-quality diodes per Board
  • 3000K Spectrum
  • 80 CRI
  • 120W Nominal Power (54 VDC, 2200 mA)
Recommended LED drivers for this board:
  • 2 board: Meanwell HLG-240H-54A

Can you please tell me why the board is 120W?
What is the logic behind this?

Hahaha Thats my photo... that factory on Alibaba must have use the photo I sent them for promotional use. Can see my Christmas tree skirt on the right side.

Anyway, yes that factory name in photo is legitimate. Ive been using my diy led for over a year now, zero issues.

3 leds will be enough for a 2x2 tent, otherwise go with 6 to leds. If you do parallel wiring you can use 5 leds on 1 meanwell driver. Depending on the max watts of each board. I got the lm561c Samsung bords from them. 3500k works great.

My build here

Thank you for respond. @fanleaf @Emilya

After a lot of research, I had the idea; the best energy efficiency products on the market is quantum board right now.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I came to this conclusion with a lot research.
Check these:
1-
2-

Also with COB's I need to use more energy and my main goal is to use less energy than I had now.

@labexperiment I'm at EU. No problem at all.

@CADBOY
Hahaha You can't be serious. :)
I got the answer from them: "But our LM301b board of MOQ is 80PCS , could you do 40PCS/ color? so totall is 80PCS."

How did you buy?
If you have a link, can you send me from pm?

If built the way 90%of people build a cob array than yes, you would use more power. If built with 1 cob per square feet of grow space like I do then no, you wouldn't need to use more power. It's all in the way you build it.

If built the way 90%of people build a cob array than yes, you would use more power. If built with 1 cob per square feet of grow space like I do then no, you wouldn't need to use more power. It's all in the way you build it.

Than we need to calculate total price and let the price decide what I'm going to buy.

Thank you for respond. @fanleaf @Emilya

After a lot of research, I had the idea; the best energy efficiency products on the market is quantum board right now.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I came to this conclusion with a lot research.
Check these:
1-
2-

Also with COB's I need to use more energy and my main goal is to use less energy than I had now.

@labexperiment I'm at EU. No problem at all.

@CADBOY
Hahaha You can't be serious. :)
I got the answer from them: "But our LM301b board of MOQ is 80PCS , could you do 40PCS/ color? so totall is 80PCS."

How did you buy?
If you have a link, can you send me from pm?

Yes Ill go dig up my link from them for ya at some point today. I simply asked to buy just 4 strips at a higher cost. Didn't need 50 or 80 lol

Actually this is what we really need.
We're wasting our electricity for no reason. There should be a product for growers. :D

High-Brightness-LED-Solar-Outdoor-LED-Lights.jpg

What ever, I found 288.2 LM301B quantum board from alibaba for $33.
It looks good and will be more easy for my setup.

High-efficiency-Original-Samsung-lm301b-QB288-V2.jpg

10 board + 5 driver + shipping total: $734.35
10 board + shipping total: $413.26
HLG-240H-48AB driver price is USD49.35/PC
I've seen so many products but this is the first time I see someone using the driver. Its strange.

Shipping cost $128 yea it's too much. I haven't decided yet.

Guys! I'm really started to think about using solar power with these quantum boards. Electricity is very expensive in my country.
1000W solar panel is affordable and even no need for AC/DC convert.

I'm looking for a product but I'm not sure if it is exist on the market.
The product should be able to use solar and mains electricity combined.
When solar panel can't supply enough energy then the driver should start to use main-line to cover "needed" part.
For example; Solar panel can only suply %70 of power, then the driver should use needed %30 from main-line.

1- Is it possible? What do you think?
2- Do you know any product like what I'm looking for?

Back
Top Bottom