Need advice on quantum board LED

growfan

420 Member
Hello,

I'm looking to switch from 400w HPS in a 2.6x2.6 foot (25 plants SOG), to a quantum board LED as I notified its seem the best materiel atm (ratio price)

Was looking to get a 400w model but I don't know which type of chip I should choice between :
LM301B 3000k
LM301B Mix 660nm
3000K Mix 4 Color

Also any one can confirm I can use this lamp for bloom and veg?

Thanks in advance

Well they looks exactly the same but with higher price as it is imported.
I'm still looking for some advice on the type of chip to choice and how much watt will be needed for a 2.6x2.6

I'd personally buy from a reputable dealer not from Ali Express, too much of a risk of low bin or counterfeit LEDs.
Ali Express has been used by many people to purchase Boards using Samsung diodes with success.
Make sure you know what you're ordering before you pony up money.
The 301B diode isn't as new as the 301H but is still a great diode.
These come from the Shenzhen Lighting manufacturing conglomerate, one of the biggest in the world.
They do all the manufacturing for the boards HLG uses.

Ali Express has been used by many people to purchase Boards using Samsung diodes with success.
Make sure you know what you're ordering before you pony up money.
The 301B diode isn't as new as the 301H but is still a great diode.
These come from the Shenzhen Lighting manufacturing conglomerate, one of the biggest in the world.
They do all the manufacturing for the boards HLG uses.
Thanks for your reply, thats what I think, most of people order from aliexpress and production come mostly from the same factory.
Is 400w too much for a 2.6x2.6 box ? As I have 25 plants in SOG

At 32.5 Watts/sqft that would be minimum bare requirements during flower
Getting up closer to 50 is more ideal

I feel that I have plenty of power in there. I think the full power is actually 285 watt.
My plants outgrow my tent and my buds are plenty big and dense enough. I'm not worried one little bit. I don't feel I'm running underpowered at all. I do have room to add another board on my light. Don't feel I need to right now though.

Ok so if 50w / sqft is ideal during flower, it will be 338w for my box.

The solution would be to add a dimmer to the 400w.

Any advice on the choice of the diods ?

LM301B Mix 660nm
or
LM301B 3000k
or
3000K Mix 4 Color

4000k veg
3500k both
3000k flower
:thumb:
The lower the color temp the more red and the higher it is the more blue it has.

I just wanted to chime in quick because we have been getting quite a few tags. Thanks to all for the mention. We greatly appreciate the support.

Every board made is different and to different specs. I believe I have hit on this subject numerous times since our arrival to this forum. Many lights being sold in this fashion are lower bin or not normally as specified. For instance, many lights being sold as LM301H are actually LM301B. There is not a major difference in the diodes. However, its the marketing that is the issue. We have also seen many people still getting the LM561C as the LM301B because a consumer doesn't know any better. Which in fact, there is "clone" of the LM561C that was and still is being sold as the LM561C even though it is not.

Yes HLG, Fluence, Spectra, Invisible Sun, Cutter and ourselves do source some of our boards/strips international. However, we all work with an entirely different manufacturer than a consumer would. We all build to our specific specifications and designs. So no ... nothing in our world is identical. And no these manufacturers to not sell on those sites mentioned because the first three light companies I mentioned keep them very... very busy. There is also legal ramifications that come into play / loss of business in choosing to.

Ok so if 50w / sqft is ideal during flower, it will be 338w for my box.

The solution would be to add a dimmer to the 400w.

Any advice on the choice of the diods ?

LM301B Mix 660nm
or
LM301B 3000k
or
3000K Mix 4 Color
50 watts per sqft is the upper end of what is needed, especially with higher efficiency LED products.

Back
Top Bottom