Washing your harvest - Yes or no?

W1zard

Wow , seems to be a lot of information out there and finding it hard to come up with a definite answer.

Google led me to a few places and forums and ultimately back here again , ha :)

It would seem thanks need go out to Doc Bud for pioneering and developing the technique and if you would like to follow along ,Hiker has a lengthy thread about it here!

I haven't really been spraying chems as they are an indoor grow but certainly could see some dust being removed in the process, just concerned about adding extra drying time and losing any trichs (most online posts suggest you do not) as well if in the end its even worth it

Anywhos , the short of it.. do you wash your buds, should I, yes or no?

Many thanks for your anticipated responses and all the best on your grows

Peace;)

It's no different than washing any other fruit or vegetable. Do you wash your salad greens before eating them? I hope so! :Namaste:

I use SNS-311 to wash my buds, and I generally do it every harvest to cleanse any dust/debris/residues that are on the plant.

There is no extra drying time and there is really no trichomes that are lost because the resins are generally hydrophobic towards water.

Wash those buds! :cheer:

Good post. I was thinking about rinsing off my bud because it has dust and unknown fibers. I was wondering if I could use plain water if so what temp should I use. TY

Good post. I was thinking about rinsing off my bud because it has dust and unknown fibers. I was wondering if I could use plain water if so what temp should I use. TY

It shouldn't be hot. Room temperature or a bit cool is good. A plain water rinse would be better than nothing :thumb:

Hahaha, cool , . scrolling down the posts today and what do i see.. Bud washing, last post, Doc Bud... this thing has really got some traction :)

Bud Washing

Good post. I was thinking about rinsing off my bud because it has dust and unknown fibres. I was wondering if I could use plain water if so what temp should I use. TY

Ty, with regards to temp of water doc bud seems to suggest 4 different buckets with multiple solutions and varying temps (room, warm, cold, room i think) but if u check out that link above there seems to be almost hundreds of different techniques growers are using (from plain water to less buckets ect)

Good luck with what ever method you choose as seems to be the sensible thing to do :)

It's no different than washing any other fruit or vegetable. Do you wash your salad greens before eating them? I hope so! :Namaste:

I use SNS-311 to wash my buds, and I generally do it every harvest to cleanse any dust/debris/residues that are on the plant.

Hmm ty , i did try checking that out and think may have come across that product before through forums or something i read as the website seemed very familiar though having looked around the site and searching for the product couldn't seem to find it? Was wondering if they may have re-branded it or even discontinued?

I'd be quite interested in this product especially now after reading Doc would be happy using it also if he didnt grow so much :p

Hmm ty , i did try checking that out and think may have come across that product before through forums or something i read as the website seemed very familiar though having looked around the site and searching for the product couldn't seem to find it? Was wondering if they may have re-branded it or even discontinued?

I'd be quite interested in this product especially now after reading Doc would be happy using it also if he didnt grow so much :p

It looks like it might be out of stock or something, it would be unfortunate if it were discontinued..:dreamy:

Ended up doing the bud wash , must admitt i was concerned with knocking bits off but the girls have gone into cure mode now and still quite frosty with trichs soo.

Not much to smell atm , lol bit like hay but hoping that changes with the cure.

DSC_037510.JPG

Gl everyone and all the best on your grows

Back
Top Bottom