Water Curing, is it possible to infuse new flavours

spektrum

Just wondering if anyones tried adding additional flavours to a water cure, in order to counter the loss of taste/smell brought on by the process.

I was thinking about maybe adding some cognac or cinnamon sticks, even some chunks of lemon or orange, although Id be concerned the acids might not agree with the the :S

Any thoughts folks, would this work, or just make for a swanky harsh smoke (therefore missing one of the best elements of the water cure - the smoothness)

pz :D

water cure is for removing odors chemicals and chlorophyll so putting
anything in the water will stay in the water and not in the buds i think.

if u wanna ad taste do this after the cure and the drying.. put ur sticks or chunks in a jar with the weed afterwards..
if u really wanna ad taste do a air drying and ad the "taste" ind the curing fase

As I understood it, the process of removing chemicals takes about a week, so I was thinking to put a flavouring enhancing in in the last few days, but take your point about anything water based not sticking (how about essential oils though?)
Unfortunately Ive had to do the cure this way due to some bud rot, sounds counter intuitive, but apparently mould needs air to survive just like any other organism.
It sucks balls as the strain is the juiciest smelling lemon bud I've ever smelt I was basically growing it for the flavour, however tasteless buds is much better than swanky mouldy weed which makes you sick.
Water curing is something Ive been interested in already so I guess its a good excuse to try it out, Im thinking of doing a percentage of each crop this way, in order to keep my fingers out the cookie jar until the rest has properly cured!
Thanks for the feedback though man
peas

Back
Top Bottom