Watering Fox Farm Ocean Forest

earlystart35

Hey all. I got 4 clones 10 days ago from a dispensary. I transplanted them into straight FF 1 1/2 gal containers. Nothing added. As far as time between watering right now, does over 4 days seem like a long time to go? Temp is in low 70's usually. To me the soil still feels wet. I have a cheap moisture meter and it goes all the way to wet still. Any thoughts?

The soil on the top should be 100% dry, then it takes a few more days after that between waterings. The time will depend on the soil mix, and how much water your plant uses, as well as ambient temperatures, humidity, and air flow will also play a role in how fast the soil dries.

Most growers use the simplest method, they fill their pots with dry soil and lift them to get an idea how much they weigh when dry. Then all they do is lift the pots to check when a plant needs water. It's a very simple method, but has been used for years.

Those cheaper moisture/PH meters are ok, but not the most accurate. I wouldn't base all decisions on them. I just had one fail on me, and it caused one plant to die, and almost killed a second one.

Back
Top Bottom