Watts necesarry?

qurryxavier

From my searches Im of the understanding that one should allow between 4k-5k lumens per square foot of grow space.However everyone knows the corrrelation between Lumens and plant growth. So my question is this. Should one expect a greater yield or faster flowering from using a 1000W HPS in a 5x5 space then she/he would in the same space with the same conditions from a 600W HPS? Are you running the risk of damaging the plants due to the fact that a 1000W HPS supplies more than enough lumens for such a relatively small space? Thanks for any info or opinions on this.

In a 5x5 room 1000w will just about cover that space with a good reflector but i think it not enough light although you'll get beautiful big budded plants.

600w in 5x5 IMO is not enough light. Try to aim for at least 50wpsf for best growth.

in a 5x5 space i'd personally use two 600w still under 50wpsf but you'll have a better light spread in your grow room.

You can't have too much light. My grow had close to 8000 lumen/sqft and I plan to increase that on the next grow. More light bigger and better buds. More light does not speed up the flower process though.

you can give too much light, I think the max is like 65,000 lumens, more than that and you will stress them, possibly damage the them

The sun produces 10,000 lumens per sq ft on a sun shiney clear day.

I think that owuld be the MAX needed and I ahve read several palces that 3,000 lumens per sq ft is the minimum to keep a plant alive.

And the distance from the light source to the plant is a major factor too.

My grow that just finished was just over 250,000 lumens. Are you talking 65,000/sqft?

no not lumens per sq ft, total lumen intensity at any given point

1157989-Foot-Candle2520Chart2520HPS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom