website promotions

to be honest i sort of have been for a while now. theres another forum i frequent which is actually one the top 10 largets forums on the internet. but anyways ive been posting pics that i hosted right here on the times and it always says 420times.com in the right hand corner :allgood:

I haven't joined any other sites, but I never miss an opportunity to tell people about 420times. I think it's a very complete, and informative site. Any questions I have had about MJ have been answered here. Getting to know the people here is nice too. It's great to see so many that have the same interests. And we have a good time, too.

The lines have gotten long in the club I have been visiting, so we get a chance to talk amongst ourselves. I met people from Modesto, who drove all the way to the bay area because they didnt know where any other clubs were. I gave her the site, and I know she went home and went right to this site. Of all the people I have told about this site, no one had ever heard of it. Even the folks issuing cards at the OCBC didn't know about 420times.com. I wish I had some business cards to give out. If you have those available, I'd be happy to buy them.

So get the word out, this is THE site!! We have it all!

I look forward to hearing all the suggestions.

Peace and happiness:peace:

420 said:
keep the ideas flowing, but please do not name any of the sites you refer to...we don't want to lose any members to another site...;)
thanks!

That shouldn't be a worry if you have a quality site (so therefore you shouldn't care)

Everyone should write the sites address on every piece of money they get.... that will get the word out.

good idea mike, but that could be looked at as defacing money, which is a fedaral crime... with the feds already crawling all over la right now, the last thing i need is secret service at my door, thanks...;)

keep it coming.

Any time any stoner asks me several questions about pot, growing, whatever, I always refer them to this site and this site only.

420 said:
...we don't want to lose any members to another site...;)
thanks!
420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
That's the problem, isn't it. My other sites don't want to lose members either.

The most common 420 questions I see on other sites (other than "who's high right now") are grow questions and "How did they come up with these stupid laws?"

If there was a growing FAQ for beginners and a History of Marijunana Laws information page (not a forum thread), then 420Times could be a source that we could cite repeatedly, while respecting our other web forums.

The 420 Library is another vehicle for this site becoming THE authority for 420 lore.

Would a list of doctors and clinics (as a page not a forum) be too hard to keep current?

An organized photo album of popular strains in different stages of development.

(You wanted ideas, you didn't say they had to be good.) I'll keep refer-ing people to this site when they want 420 info.

u should get 420 times merchandise like buttons and stuff and send it out to people who are in college and visit this site, then the can set up a stand on their college campus and sell the merchandise with the 420times logo or whatever, and say all profits go to cannabis awareness and stuff like that, would definately work on april 19th-20th because alot of people at my school wear green or maryj buttons on 4/20, just a high idea

Let me ask, do you have any sort of adertising budget? I could easily jump unique traffic by the thousands, but it requires a budget. :/

OK.....I didn't really want to discuss this in a public forum but what the heck. I did visit a competitors sites today to see what they had to offer. I saw a bit more flash, alot of links, I saw confusion. I guess if I spent alot of time there I might learn to use the site better, but it was not as user friendly as our site.
Anyway my idea to at least get a first look from some new people is to do what many others do......use sex to sell. There are alot of personals sites out there that you could perhaps use to get the attention of people that are surfing web. Whether you can/would use actual pics of some of the 420 Girls or just buy the rights to some head/body shots of various models as the photos. Temp the reader to see more photos and a direct link to 420Girls/420Times.com brings them in.....perhaps for a first time ever to look at our sites. I know it's a CHEESEY idea..... but Stoners need love too & they look online plenty. I realize we treat our members and guests with respect and offer the most intelligent & complete information possible on marijuana initiatives, but if it means getting a few more people moving thru here I'm for it. I'm sure if enough time and effort went into writing the 'personal ad' you wouldn't insult anyones intelligence too badly........

I could have sworn I saw bare breasts on the header, No?

So If sex sells, let's see some naked men!!!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Here's something I noticed while taking a good look @ 'Introduce Yourself' forum..... I see way too many new members that've introduced themselves and no-one has replied to them, that's not good. We can't expect our members to say hello but there's no excuse at least a couple of the staff can't make sure they feel welcome. I'm going to make sure to give all newbies a greet when I'm around and at least point them in the direction of some of the interesting threads currently running.......:peace:

HappyKitty said:
I could have sworn I saw bare breasts on the header, No?

So If sex sells, let's see some naked men!!!:cheesygrinsmiley:
OK..... & don't forget YOU asked for it!!!!
& before I actually drop trou.....I'm gonna warn you that my lifes mantra is..... 'Life ain't easy when you're fat and greasy'..... here goes......:thedoubletake:

I tread the water here, because I know software is on a need-to-know basis. But I know a lot of add-ons that will say, auto PM a new membet who signs up welcoming them and giving them the lay of the land etc.

There are lots of add-ons that do cool stuff that draw in members. Unno.

One Three said:
I tread the water here, because I know software is on a need-to-know basis. But I know a lot of add-ons that will say, auto PM a new membet who signs up welcoming them and giving them the lay of the land etc.

There are lots of add-ons that do cool stuff that draw in members. Unno.
Thats a good idea..... btw too many of the newbies w/ zero replies to their intros had very few posts and have not been back since their beginning here, it's easy to imagine that the lack of interaction might have led them to move on elsewhere.......

i agree, when i first came on i think i expected to chat live with people. this was not the case, and i was a little disappointed but i got over it. i was thinking (uhoh) maybe someone could be designated to be the official greeter for newbies. what do you think, i can attempt to respond to all as i can't wait to come home and sign on. since members forum has opened i have noticed how many people only have posted a few times. a little attention might change that

I advertise this site like crazy 24/7. Everybody I chill with gets refered to the site. I tell everyone that they need to stay on top of 420 related news and this the only website to combine all sources and give people what they need in one location.

However, one thing I would like to have is some 420times business cards or something fun I can give to people. Most of the time when you tell a person about something, they forget about it 10 minutes later. If they pull a card out of their pocket later, they may decide to actually check it out.

Anyone want to come up with some card designs with me?

no budget for advertising..

stoner, your wish is my command..
you are now the lounge mod to welcome all new members...
please also continue to help with news, we will see if you get overwelmed or not and play it by ear...
as for the 420 Girls, i have to keep that separate from here to gain more respect and support from my industry...here we stay serious, the other site, we have a little fun...both with the exact same agenda, but when i bring the girls here, i lose the older conservatives and many other types of people who view the girls as a setback to our cause...we are trying to reach EVERONE on the planet, so in my opinion, the girls will remain a part of us, but not flaunting them....more to come down the road as i analyze this further.

13, GREAT idea brother!
stoner, please re-write the welcoming email for me to include everything you would like to say to new members, a walkthrough of HIGHlighted sections of the site like medical, grow, lounge, gallery, co-op reviews, news, etc with links to them and a brief descripotion explaining what they are....start a new thread with your first rough draft in the mod forum and the rest of us will al tweak it to perfection...the email will get sent to every new member, instead of the basic template that gets sent out currently.

ishmar, i can't really have everyone that mods running around with my business cards as i have no idea how i would be represented...nothing personal...to satify us both, we are in the process of making some fliers to print out and pass around...they will be postcard sized, 4 to a page, in pdf format, full color, easy for printing...please send me a reminder of any ideas you have in a pm, ishamr only, and please try to keep your ideas to one pm instead of strewn out over 420 pm's...

thanks everyone!

by the way, nice to see the traffic pick up again after i added the new header back.,..was looking kind of ghetto for a couple of weeks, sorry...;)

much love!

Thanks 420..... I think I can handle both for now as I'm home an awful lot.
If you don't mind I'll work on the welcoming email this evening when I have some quiet time here. I'm sort of a perfectionist and need it to be concise and accurate.

Still thinking of ideas to bring up the membership and visitors as well I've come up with this:
Campus Moderators: We must have a huge audience from colleges and universities around the world...... how bout looking to some of the local big schools out in Cal. there. Set up an information booth once a month maybe. Give out some printed info and website stuff as well.
Our higher edu. schools have some of the the most politically active minded ppl in the world. There's a big untapped audience out there, if you make a presence on campus there might be some way to garner some other media type of attention or coverage as well sometime. I think if the idea was tossed around there might be an affordable way to tap that resource.

Back
Top Bottom