What am I doing wrong?

The cotyledons are dying because they have done their job. Nothing wrong there

There is a difference between dying early or dying very late....all the plants i had till now the cotyledons are always dying very late, at least 1 month into veg, even when they get covered by the upper leaf. if you have leds then you should sometimes check them out in normal white light so you can discover the deficiencies earlier because the pinky light can mask some yellowing on leafs

Soil Grow
Strain - CropKing feminized white widow
# of plants - 2
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Seedling
Lights - VIPARSPECTRA V300 300W
Nutrients - General Organics GO Box
Medium - Eco Scraps Potting Soil and Perlite
pH - 6.4
Room Temperature - 75-80 F

Problem: My seedlings are taking forever to grow and I'm not sure what to do about it. They sprouted 2 weeks ago and the growth has gone to a slow crawl lately. The cotyledons are turning yellow and the new leaves seem brown at the edges. Can anyone please lend a hand?

Here are some pictures from today
hPeVS7x.jpg
8nyMZCo.jpg
s4TrIRa.jpg
I have grown Cropkings White Widows as a must have one in every harvest kind of regularity. No garden complete with out mentality. You are doing fine it appears. Make certain to keep breeze going as to concentrate on stem development. At this stage the majority of your growth is going on under ground and not above. Mine always take longer to finish as well, so have patients. 110 to 128 days on my norms for flowering with great results as well. Conditions are very similar to the ones you described. Plan going to going to 300w fixture or per plant or 2000w in a 4 x 4 x 78 and they will love you as long as you stay the recommended 24 inches plus off your seedling.. Also 18 / 6 and no more than half strength on nutrients for she stresses quickly over them and shuts down. first 30 to 40 days do not use any fertilizers and be ready to transplant these ladies early. There is a lot more roots in those cups than you think.

There is a difference between dying early or dying very late....all the plants i had till now the cotyledons are always dying very late, at least 1 month into veg, even when they get covered by the upper leaf. if you have leds then you should sometimes check them out in normal white light so you can discover the deficiencies earlier because the pinky light can mask some yellowing on leafs
Raise your LED if the leafs do this, or move over to a spot where it is not so directly under the tents lights. First sign to avoid this from happening is to do as i had said to the individual plants whose leafs are growing up or pointing up at the lights. This happens first and many think it is loving the light. That is not the case.. It is yelling at you to be moved ahead of time.

An inch below the surface is not enough. Gotta let the roots search for water. Particularly if the container is bigger than a solo cup at this point.

Seedlings don’t need nutrients at this stage, not with soil. What kind of soil is it? Potting mix?

There is new growth and it seems healthy. Only a fool would panic at this stage. Let her dry out a bit. Get into a routine of watering and letting it dry out. Not dry to the point of wilting from thirst but, enough where the pot is lighter. If it has been overwatered the root system may not be large enough, gotta make it work for its water, bigger roots bigger plants.

It may be a slow starter. If a few wet dry cycles don’t get it kick started then it may be genetics.
This is all spot on and why I replant sooner than the later. I start a circular perimeter watering cycle to get roots to search out and continue growth. You want under ground and stem strengthening at this point to hold her future big buds. You can worry about stretch and growth at a later point with this seed. Trust me that i learned from my mistakes. This is a second post on this White Widow grow so with out first it is not complete and will not make total since of the original question.

Soil picky? Come on man, in my opinion theres no easier medium to use....
Its over watered... let pot dry out and plant will grow roots to search...
Nutes? Have any of you ran coir with plain rain water to harvest? I suggest you try, your advise may differ in future...

How often are you watering, how much and how are you applying the water.

My two cents, like others, is let it dry a day or two more in between.

Like Onceagain, When my plants are small I water away from the stem, so the water enters the soil even with the outer edges of the leaves. Water slowly and in several intervals so the plant also pulls oxygen down to the roots along with the water.

Also, there is a sticky on proper watering technique. While the plant is still too small to apply that much water, the principal is the same.

I believe there is a proper way to water and it does make a huge difference in how the plant grows (along with the container it’s planted in) Jorge Cervantes did a video where he talks about container and it’s effects on the root system but that’s a different thread.

. First sign to avoid this from happening is to do as i had said to the individual plants whose leafs are growing up or pointing up at the lights. This happens first and many think it is loving the light. That is not the case.. It is yelling at you to be moved ahead of time.

I'm not sure about that... you talking moving away from direclty under the lamp?

This:

And this:

and this... are all very close to my LED lamps.

Is this your soil?

Description:
  • Made from composted fruit and veggies this all-natural organic compost is specifically formulated to promote healthy sustained plant growth
  • Perfect to mix with native soils in need of rich organic matter in order to create the right cultivating environment for your garden
  • Great for fruit vegetable herb and flower gardens
  • Contains no poop no synthetic chemicals
  • 100% safe for people, pets and the planet
  • Each bag of Ecoscraps Organic Compost reduces carbon emissions and is the equivalent of not driving your car for two weeks
  • Great for breaking up clay soils
  • Each bag of Ecoscraps Organic Compost contains up to 40 lbs of recycled food scraps
It seems okay. When did you start providing the Go Box nutrients?
:passitleft:

Well my 2 cents are that mix is closer to a coco (hydro mix ) than a soil mix , try dropping your ph to 5.8-5.9 , 100 ppm on the water, a little calmag only , this plant is still way too young for a nute watering , don't judge by the days, judge your plant on the level of development ,that plant has nute lock because the ph was too high and nutes were to strong to start with .I have grown cks white widow 3 times now and they don't like much for the start. water and calmag only I have found them to be very picky as seedling ,once they hit their 3rd set of leaves they will grow nicely , as they get older watch for the purple stems and branches , that will be a ph problem again ,they are sensitive to ph , I had to get my ph to 5.5-5.6 and about 250 ppm till they were 6-7 week old (8 inches tall )

if this is your medium , it is a organic compost , I would use this to add to my soil not use it as a total grow medium , this will be a mix with nutes already in it -to hot , the recycled food scraps etc will provide the npk you would need for at least 1-2 months if mixed with soil , this will be a slow release nute formula and will constantly screw with your ppm and ph .

Raise your LED if the leafs do this, or move over to a spot where it is not so directly under the tents lights. First sign to avoid this from happening is to do as i had said to the individual plants whose leafs are growing up or pointing up at the lights. This happens first and many think it is loving the light. That is not the case.. It is yelling at you to be moved ahead of time.
Not even close to being factual, sorry. It is easy to see a leaf that is curling, drying and shriveling because of heat and being too close to a light. Leaves reaching up to the light is an indication of the water pressure in the xylem and just imagine the force that it takes in foot/lbs to raise the leaves up like this. Imagine the pressure needed in an 80' tree. The leaves do this and raise their ridges in order to increase surface area, which in turn increases evaporation. If the leaves can throw off water through evaporation this increases the pressure the plant can generate in order to suck water out of the ground. This process is called transpiration, and the leaves all reaching up are the sign of a very happy plant, not one in distress. This is not classic tacoing... and it is not a problem.

purple coloring at this age are not from light , but a lack of potassium or magnesium as they are locked out ,I don't think a flush would help either as the organic material in the mix will continue to break down and add nutes as time goes on.A 300 watt led (160 watts from the wall at Best ) that is 2-3 ft away isn't to much light .
20181202_113315.jpg

I have a cks blue cookies growing under 2 mars 900 watt led lights , plant in the front and to the left and the light is 30 inches from the top of the plants ,just a fyi ,proof is in the pudding on light .

Back
Top Bottom