What is lacking?

Sctanley007

5 week old Metaphisto 3B and Sour Stomper. 5 gal with bottom 3rd OF and top 2/3 HF. Using Jacks 20-20-20 and Blossom. Also add 2ml CM and 2ml silica per gallon. This fade / deficiency started this week. I’m thinking underfed as I went light due to the OF at the bottom.

I’m thinking phosphorus or magnesium.

Any help pointers would be appreciated

5C61C644-D421-4598-9C3D-8E8C411339F3.jpeg

CEC5CDAB-F44C-4F7C-BE38-D2390FB75980.jpeg

63A62B1E-8C79-4FCD-BCBD-B6A13419FA5B.jpeg

What is Jacks 20-20-20?
Drop the key words ... Jacks 20-20-20 ... into the search box on google or whatever else you use to for looking things up on the World Wide Web. I think that is the easiest way to find more info on that particular product. Trying to find it by going to the Jack's website is not easy since they seem to have geared the website up to mentioning their Marijuana nutrient line-up. It really seems to take a directed search for more info on their 20-20-20.

It is their basic all purpose fertilizer and I think that it is promoted for growing different types of plants. The others that you mentioned seem to be part of a program of nutrients used for growing one type of plant, therefore not all purpose. It seems to be popular since I have seen many growers mention using it along with other Jack's products in the msgs they post.

If using an all purpose - would that be giving to much of something?
Possibly. My thought is that early on and through the vegetating stage probably not. Then in flowering there might be to much nitrogen. Some nitrogen is needed in flower, more than many growers realize, and the 20% could cause problems.

But, it is an all-purpose fertilizer and not intended just for Marijuana growing.

20-20-20 is great for maintaining plants in garden center and growing facilities. It provides fast green-up and great foliar expansion due to the high percentage of ammonium and urea nitrogen

This fertilizer has no Ca and very little Mg. If your water report shows that you have low Ca and/or Mg, you will need to supplement.

There is also a high proportion of ammonium and urea, which can burn, and result in lanky growth.

Finally, a 20-20-20 label actually provides 20-9-17, due to the way P and K are shown as P2O5 and K2O. Since the K is lower than N, there is a likely K def.

Back
Top Bottom