What is One Hit Weed

Jackalope

I don't mean the strain there are lots. Plus with so many strains out there it would be never ending.

What I am talking about is the weed that gets you high in just a hit or 2. I will include a second hit. Who the HELL only takes only one hit LMAO.

Thing is you see it a lot. Or you should be anyway. It is not that the instant effects mean it is the strongest. I have seen it in strains I know don't rate over 20% THC. Some I am sure they are in the teens. Still take one or 2 hits and you feel it almost instantly. The same effect does not happen with some strains rated over 25%

Type of high matters in ways I am sure. Some strains I know are strong don't give much high right from the start. Then you notice you are stoned as F**k. I don't mean creeper. Creeper weed will get you high in 15 to 20 minutes. I mean the ones in the 5 minute range. This is normal. It takes time for the effects of THC to totally set in.

So my question. Any idea what causes the instant effect?

Not sure, but I remember in my teens we rented a motel room to smoke some hash, there was about 4 of us, I do believe we used the toilet paper roll to make a pipe, we were smoking away when another buddy showed up, so we told him to take a few rips on this pipe to catch up, on his third hit and holding the smoke in he hit the floor he had a bag of sunflower seed in one hand witch few all over, he lay there having his twitching dream for about 4/5 seconds, when he came out off it we ask him if he wanted another hit he said f....k no. I do believe he passed out just from taking 3 big hits In a row and holding his breath, not from the hash. We loao.

There are some varieties that are so strong that you don't need or can't take even one more hit. If you ever get to the big island, try some locally grown Kona Gold or Maui Wowie. I don't mean the auto variants of these strains or even a true seed grown somewhere other than in that volcanic soil and under that bright Hawaii sun. One hit to someone used to normal 21% pot, will wipe them out. Two hits and you will be worthless for a while.
Some day I would like to go to Mozambique and try locally grown Poison. This pot is so strong that people take pilgrimages just to smoke its hallucinogenic product.
I personally believe that this happens because of the local conditions. That special soil and that equatorial sun definitely supercharge that pot. I would bet that once we understand more about what is in that soil to allow such special growth, we will be able to build soils and simulate local growing conditions so as to be able to properly grow these plants.

I am also convinced that we still don't know everything there is to know about what happens at the various delta levels of THC, and I suspect that Delta 9 is not the most complex form after all... I would bet that in some of these true one hit varieties, a new Delta level or two will be found, with the top levels producing instant and lasting psychotropic effect as the THC begins to break down, passing through the various layers.

Great input so far. Emilya may have a point about other compounds being found. Like I mentioned I have seen the effects in low THC range and the high THC ones. I think the high THC ones have a major advantage in the fact the THC is so high.

In the 80's I was in the Navy and went through Hawaii. I had a native born guy in my shop that was a smoker. He got us some of the best Hawaii had to offer at the time. You are so right about Island weed. Most people never know because at least at that time they never sold it to the tourists.

One strain that comes to mind and is in my jars now is a strain called Chocoloco. It is a hybrid of Chocolope x Chocolate Thai. I did well with these plants but still would only rate the THC level around 15 to 18% at best. This weed does not get you really high. It does get you high right away and last fairly long. With it I kind of wonder if there is a little CBD involved. It has that tingle behind the eyes like CBD does.

CBD might have something to do with the instant effect with this strain but I know it is not in others. So its not CBD. Maybe terpenes but the flavors seem to be different so terpene profiles are different.

Probably never find out what it is. To tell the true it may be different things in different strains. Pretty sure it was a "thought provoking" strain that got me here LMAO.

I also hold out hope for some of the finishing nutes like the Terpinator that I won as MOTM. I haven't yet actively tried to enhance my terpenes all through the grow, and this may just be the missing link that I have been looking for. As good as the pot I grow is, there is another level that I have yet to achieve in my tents. More experiments are needed, but I think science is starting to catch up in our private grows as word and new products get out. Each grow I do is a result of the culmination of everything I have learned so far, and each grow somehow gets a little bit better, even after all the years I have been doing this thing. Why? Because I keep trying new things. We will figure this out... and someday we will be able to grow true Kona Gold or true Thai Stick in an indoor tent. I keep trying to get there anyway and so do all of you. Together in this new information age, the quality of pot keeps going up.

Well said. There are going to be lots more discovered with all us little people involved. People now are taking similar ideas into lots of different ways.

I differ in one way. Which is as it should be. To figure it all out. It takes all of us taking chances and seeing what happens next.

To me I am trying to find those perfect terpene profiles in the genetics themselves. I have heard for years of things to add for flavor. It started with just basic natural sugars. Now there are so many other things they say help with flavor. Which ones work and which ones don't is beyond me. I am searching for strains have tons of flavor just as they are.

I am working with the terpene profiles as they are. Then trying to mix them. Lots of the newer strains have a much more complex mix of terpenes. Plus they seem to be at higher levels now days. Not that we need it for flavor. Lots of the old strains had great terpene levels that equate to flavor. The flavors of Purps, Blueberry, and Haze, will always be favorites. It is the perfect combination of terpenes and THC that is hard to get.

Back
Top Bottom