Where is the ceiling?

Jackalope

Now that any Crackheads are hidden away peaking at the roof. We can talk marijuana. Very few people are aware that lots of strains have a ceiling. They will only get you so high. Most case's that is no big deal as the ceiling is high enough very few find it. Others just don't understand that you didn't get higher you just bumped yourself back up.

Why does the ceiling matter? Recently I grew out a strain I thought I loved. The first few times I tried it I barely noticed it. That was always late in the afternoon after I had already smoked multiple strains. I thought oh well live and learn. Then everything worked out for a do nothing day. Tried the same weed and it kicked my ass. More of the Headband shinned through. The best thing is that the more I smoked the higher I got. Smoking it first thing in the morning gave me a chance to really see the high for the first time. Some times lower THC strains in the 18%to 20% range can be overwhelmed by stronger strains.

Part of the reason that I didn't notice the high later in the day. Is the fact I was at or passed the ceiling for this strain. Stronger strains seem to dominate it. I want to feel the effects of anything I smoke. Late in the day this one didn't do that. Another reason it may have went unnoticed is the body high of Blueberry can blend right in with other indica's. If the Headband high was more prominent that may have been different. If I had never tried this in the morning I would never had noticed this and missed out. Now I know where in my day is best to smoke this stuff. I went from shitty nighttime weed to killer rainy day weed.

Most people grow only a strain or 2 and will never notice this. I am only mentioning this so people give their weed the best chance to succeed. See what it can do at all times of the day. Yep your probably going to need a weekend to do this right LMAO. Plus no matter what the indica/sativa percents say never box in your strains. Give them a chance to shine at all times and some will surprise you.

I've had "classic" sativas - not known to be especially high in THC - hit me like Columbian marching powder. Not much ceiling there, it was more like how high I got was only limited by how much I had at any one point. So... yeah, pretty much exactly like that. Well, you know - except milder overall, far less likely to take someone's head off for looking at me wrong, and I never found myself with some chick, hanging out and finding the fact that we'd already blown past the (reported) LD50 level and kept right on going to be the funniest thing in the universe. But other than that, I guess.

I think maybe CBD is a limiting factor. Remove most of it, you remove the limiter. Or maybe I just like sativas.

I've wondered if it might be possible that CBD can both limit the "maximum effect" of THC and simultaneously extend the length of the effect.

I don't know. I've just wondered.

Now that any Crackheads are hidden away peaking at the roof. We can talk marijuana. Very few people are aware that lots of strains have a ceiling. They will only get you so high. Most case's that is no big deal as the ceiling is high enough very few find it. Others just don't understand that you didn't get higher you just bumped yourself back up.

Why does the ceiling matter? Recently I grew out a strain I thought I loved. The first few times I tried it I barely noticed it. That was always late in the afternoon after I had already smoked multiple strains. I thought oh well live and learn. Then everything worked out for a do nothing day. Tried the same weed and it kicked my ass. More of the Headband shinned through. The best thing is that the more I smoked the higher I got. Smoking it first thing in the morning gave me a chance to really see the high for the first time. Some times lower THC strains in the 18%to 20% range can be overwhelmed by stronger strains.

Part of the reason that I didn't notice the high later in the day. Is the fact I was at or passed the ceiling for this strain. Stronger strains seem to dominate it. I want to feel the effects of anything I smoke. Late in the day this one didn't do that. Another reason it may have went unnoticed is the body high of Blueberry can blend right in with other indica's. If the Headband high was more prominent that may have been different. If I had never tried this in the morning I would never had noticed this and missed out. Now I know where in my day is best to smoke this stuff. I went from shitty nighttime weed to killer rainy day weed.

Most people grow only a strain or 2 and will never notice this. I am only mentioning this so people give their weed the best chance to succeed. See what it can do at all times of the day. Yep your probably going to need a weekend to do this right LMAO. Plus no matter what the indica/sativa percents say never box in your strains. Give them a chance to shine at all times and some will surprise you.
My mind is open. My brain will not fall out.

Not sure about the CBD thing yet. I would say that CBD improves the high for the most part. As the CBD increase's that changes. I like being high so as the CBD increase's I loose some of what I want. As with all marijuana. Each person feels and reacts differently to THC. Both with indica's and sativa's. I am sure the same thing could be said for CBD. I have tried a lot of them but all were in the 10% THC range. CBD was close or the same as the THC. Anything under the 7% range did nothing for me. Which is weird because they say the old smash weed Mexican was 6% to 8%. That stuff got us high.

Back to CBD. They say there are high THC/CBD strains but I have never tried or seen one. ( If I would have seen it I would have tried it). You see strain's that naturally carry CBD. Great White Shark for instance. This strain produces it natrurally. It wasn't tell testing that they found it was there. Great strain that can be really strong. Naturally accruing CBD seem to be in the more 90/10 range of THC/CBD. If a strain is going to carry less then 10% CBD and high THC in the 20% range. It is really going to improve the high all the way around. In most case's that is enough CBD to help.

So far for me CBD plants are up in the air. No way for most people to test it. Some say they have a 20%THC/ 10%CBD strain but how is anyone to know for sure. Sounds like a perfect strain. (maybe that's why they say it) Most CBD stuff is for people that don't want the high or at least in lower dose's. That is great as it is needed. For me it is best to buy CBD oil and grow the weed I want.

Not sure about the CBD thing yet. I would say that CBD improves the high for the most part. As the CBD increase's that changes. I like being high so as the CBD increase's I loose some of what I want. As with all marijuana. Each person feels and reacts differently to THC. Both with indica's and sativa's. I am sure the same thing could be said for CBD. I have tried a lot of them but all were in the 10% THC range. CBD was close or the same as the THC. Anything under the 7% range did nothing for me. Which is weird because they say the old smash weed Mexican was 6% to 8%. That stuff got us high.

Back to CBD. They say there are high THC/CBD strains but I have never tried or seen one. ( If I would have seen it I would have tried it). You see strain's that naturally carry CBD. Great White Shark for instance. This strain produces it natrurally. It wasn't tell testing that they found it was there. Great strain that can be really strong. Naturally accruing CBD seem to be in the more 90/10 range of THC/CBD. If a strain is going to carry less then 10% CBD and high THC in the 20% range. It is really going to improve the high all the way around. In most case's that is enough CBD to help.

So far for me CBD plants are up in the air. No way for most people to test it. Some say they have a 20%THC/ 10%CBD strain but how is anyone to know for sure. Sounds like a perfect strain. (maybe that's why they say it) Most CBD stuff is for people that don't want the high or at least in lower dose's. That is great as it is needed. For me it is best to buy CBD oil and grow the weed I want.
This is all interesting. I think we all might have ceiling's that's feel differently. I tried growing a 10/10 thc/cbd Blue dream cbd. It gets me high and does its cbd thing that sometimes I don't realise it's doing. It is not going to be my choice when I want to get my ass high and that's all there is to it. Just got some cream and cheese seeds. Supposed to be 20/20 I think. I got em because I liked the 10/10 so much 20/20 must be even better. We will see Pain management is a main issue here and Ms otter and I like this so far

This is all interesting. I think we all might have ceiling's that's feel differently.

I am guessing that, aside from the obvious factors such as length, type, and frequency of experience... Much depends on the physical, mental, and emotional state of the individual. In much the same way that a powerful narcotic, administered at a level that might kill the average person... Would hardly be noticed by someone who is enduring late-stage cancer. Although that's an extreme example.

I've seen - and experienced - this where severe depression is evident. They can smoke a joint or two with someone and, while it had a tendency to ease this for a brief time, other than that they don't appear to be affected (and may not even feel high or, if so, only for a very few minutes) - while the "normal" they're smoking with becomes a drilling, giggling, goofball.

Or as I learned at a young age, lol, if you decide to get well and truly lit, make sure to choose a substance that you don't actually have a medicinal need for. Because your system might end up using some of it.

I am guessing that, aside from the obvious factors such as length, type, and frequency of experience... Much depends on the physical, mental, and emotional state of the individual. In much the same way that a powerful narcotic, administered at a level that might kill the average person... Would hardly be noticed by someone who is enduring late-stage cancer. Although that's an extreme example.

I've seen - and experienced - this where severe depression is evident. They can smoke a joint or two with someone and, while it had a tendency to ease this for a brief time, other than that they don't appear to be affected (and may not even feel high or, if so, only for a very few minutes) - while the "normal" they're smoking with becomes a drilling, giggling, goofball.

Or as I learned at a young age, lol, if you decide to get well and truly lit, make sure to choose a substance that you don't actually have a medicinal need for. Because your system might end up using some of it.
It's all by the day for me I think. What I need/want today isn't the same as tomorrow. For me variety is the spice. So talking about med levels. I got my knees replaced a few years ago and was on oxy. Small dose I don't know 2mg maybe. They were extremely powerful to me and I had nightmares and sweats and chills for a few days tapering off. The other day talking to my niece I found out she is on like 4x that much and she functions in life. How I don't know. Good on her though.

Small pinches of well cured home grown work for me in the Volcano. I'm elderly with several medical issues including pain. Hindu Kush at (15?) works as well as GG4(25?), because I adjust the amount accordingly. It's the taste and smoothness of the cure that is most important to me. 50 years ago it was a different matter but so was the cannabis and weaker for sure.

They were extremely powerful to me and I had nightmares and sweats and chills for a few days tapering off. The other day talking to my niece I found out she is on like 4x that much and she functions in life. How I don't know. Good on her though.

See also: The Opioid Epidemic.

Can we please say Cannabis? :)

What the??? The legal World coming with their political bullshit correctness? ... What's wrong with the word? Not 1930 now and it's not a made up word.. not racist to speak another language... Give the finger to the initial intentions by taking it and making it your own.. queer gay nword etc.. next I won't be able to ask for a Croissant at the bakery cause I'm not French...

See also: The Opioid Epidemic.
Right! The big sin is when I asked her about using weed for med's she was interested and had asked her dr. Dr. refused to get involved, was afraid of the psyc aspect. Her main objective is to taper off the opiods in 2 years time and have children. The system is against her but she's working hard to overcome.

First off Why? Marijuana and Cannabis are the same thing.

Okay I wanna try to clear that up.

From Jack Herer's "The Emperor Wears No Clothes," Chapter 4, The Last Days of Legal Cannabis

Blatant Bigotry

Starting with the 1898 Spanish American War, the Hearst newspaper had denounced Spaniards, Mexican-Americans and Latinos.

After the seizure of 800,000 acres of Hearst’s prime Mexican timberland by the “marihuana” smoking army of Pancho Villa,* these slurs intensified.

*The song “La Cucaracha” tells the story of one of Villa’s men looking for his stash of “marijuana por fumar!” (to smoke!)

Non-stop for the next three decades, Hearst painted a picture of the lazy, pot-smoking Mexican, still one of our most insidious prejudices. Simultaneously, he waged a similar racist smear campaign against the Chinese, referring to them as the “Yellow Peril.”

From 1910 to 1920, Hearst’s newspapers would claim that the majority of incidents in which blacks were said to have raped white women, could be traced directly to cocaine. This continued for 10 years until Hearst decided it was not “cocaine-crazed negroes” raping white women – it was now “marijuana-crazed negroes” raping white women.

Hearst’s and other sensationalistic tabloids ran hysterical headlines atop stories portraying “negroes” and Mexicans as frenzied beasts who, under the influence of marijuana, would play anti-white “voodoo-satanic” music (jazz) and heap disrespect and “viciousness” upon the predominantly white readership. Other such offenses resulting from this drug-induced “crime wave” included: stepping on white men’s shadows, looking white people directly in the eye for three seconds or more, looking at a white woman twice, laughing at a white person, etc. For such “crimes,” hundreds of thousands of Mexicans and blacks spent, in aggregate, millions of years in jails, prisons and on chain gangs, under brutal segregation laws that remained in effect throughout the U.S. until the 1950s and ‘60s. Hearst, through pervasive and repetitive use, pounded the obscure Mexican slang word “marijuana” into the English-speaking American consciousness. Meanwhile, the word “hemp” was discarded and “cannabis,” the scientific term, was ignored and buried.

The actual Spanish word for hemp is “cáñamo.” But using a Mexican “Sonoran” colloquialism – marijuana, often Americanized as “marihuana” – guaranteed that few would realize that the proper terms for one of the chief natural medicines, “cannabis,” and for the premiere industrial resource, “hemp,” had been pushed out of the language.

Chapter 4 « JackHerer.com

There's a lot more to the story/conspiracy-theory involving Anslinger and DuPont that involve his motivations, but the racist epoch of the term "marijuana" is absolutely verifiable in historical records. Gotta remember this was way before the civil rights movement when it was "normal" for racist politicians and judges to exist in society completely out in the open, so you can actually read a lot of things like congressional hearings, court transcripts, etc. that basically ooze with blatant racism. At that point in time all Anslinger really had to do was to find a minority to associate with cannabis and then persecute that minority, which would by proxy persecute cannabis.

I think a lot of people also perceive those who insist on using the term marijuana to be more accepting of the authoritarian view point surrounding it, and make (antiquated) jokes about how only narcs still use that word. Of course, all of that operates on the assumption that most people are familiar with this history and the distinction between the terms, and so sometimes you see the effect of a comedian not reading his audience right.

Still there are others who see it as more serious, and believe that continuing to use that word just keeps the stigma and connotation associated with its early adoption alive. I think it's more a matter of people wanting to resist and rebel, and maybe just a little resentment, but bottom line it's kind of like other slurs and slang that people adopt for other meanings that become accepted as common, but still remain offensive to certain groups. The question is then, does society have the capacity to adapt and accept a new meaning for the word, or should we avoid that word to not offend the sensibilities of those it still deeply affects. Of course I could be talking about any number of words, so take your pick.

The term "marijuana" was corrupted, but that doesn't mean it cannot be cleansed. We can "take it back" and I do agree that's what needs to be done. The more this generation says, "marijuana" without spitting it out, without negative connotation, the more its former authoritarian tone will be a thing of the past. We have to be the ones that choose to use it without shame or the pretext that it's a "badword" and I think part of that comes with choosing to use the term "marijuana" where appropriate, and unabashedly. I think it will happen more sooner than later, as "bud tenders" and things of that nature are starting to use "marijuana" in their professional title. I believe that in ten years, "marijuana" will simply be thought of as the technical and professional way to refer to it, and other ways to refer to it will be seen as colloquial.

I was talking to my plant science teacher about all this, and he brought up a very, very good point that people do not consider. When we say "cannabis", that is a hugely vague term. Cannabis Sativa L. is taxonomic definition, and therefore could be used to describe any product of the cannabis plant including hemp. What is "hemp" then? That would be accepted as referring to the fibrous material in the stock, and just like that term is identifying one very specific portion of the plant we use as a specific product, "marijuana" is very colloquially accepted as referring to the flowers that we use as a drug product. We do need a way to differentiate, and even though "marijuana" is kind of a "slave-name" of cannabis flowers, it's so ubiquitously known that it makes far more sense to rely on the familiarity of that term and hope people's perceptions shift, than to try to impose an entirely new term on the general public. For those reasons, referring to the cannabis flowers as merely "cannabis" may be more soothing to some peoples' sensibilities, it does little to accurately describe the product we're talking about. Ultimately, insisting it be called "cannabis" over "marijuana" seems to be striving more for political correctness than technical accuracy.

Anyway so this ceiling thing... Personally I've found it all to have a ceiling. Never smoked any kind of weed that just kept getting me high, there's always a limit. I honestly don't really notice much difference from strain to strain as much as other people seem to. I'm always hearing about "three hour highs" from one strain to only "30 minute buzzes" with others, and I gotta wonder how much of it is a placebo effect.

A lot of those 30 minute buzz's come from the hybrids. Afgooey is one strain that has it in a way. At first it comes on really strong after 15 or 20 minutes the sativa comes shining through and it becomes more energetic. The high is still there but totally different. Making it seem shorter. I thought this strain was going to be couch potato and it is far from that. Agent Orange is another strain I have found like it. A few minutes after smoking you feel "Oh shit I smoked to much" then when the sativa shows up your good. With it I think it comes from the Jack the Ripper genetics. JTR is known to have a creeper effect.

Everyone is different but there are strains with no ceiling. It could be you or it could bet the strains you smoke. I have a lady friend that can smoke anything all day long. She misses out on some great highs LOL. I agree that most strains do have one. For most it is plenty high so it doesn't matter. Even the great ones can have them.

I have a old White Russian that has no ceiling. It runs in the 20% THC range. There is no ceiling that I have every been able to find anyway. Puts you down way before that I have tried. Its not going to happen by accident or anything. You have to keep smoking. When I only grew one or 2 strains it was my go to weed. A little was great for day times. Then in the evening you just smoked more when you wanted to put your self to sleep. Over the course of a few joints in the evening you melt just like the old poster.

TheFirtilizer. Thanks never knew that. One book I have not read. Even if I had I am not one to change the way I speak just because others thing I should. I spent all my time on strains and genetics and not on the political side of it.

A lot of those 30 minute buzz's come from the hybrids. Afgooey is one strain that has it in a way. At first it comes on really strong after 15 or 20 minutes the sativa comes shining through and it becomes more energetic. The high is still there but totally different. Making it seem shorter. I thought this strain was going to be couch potato and it is far from that. Agent Orange is another strain I have found like it. A few minutes after smoking you feel "Oh shit I smoked to much" then when the sativa shows up your good. With it I think it comes from the Jack the Ripper genetics. JTR is known to have a creeper effect.

Everyone is different but there are strains with no ceiling. It could be you or it could bet the strains you smoke. I have a lady friend that can smoke anything all day long. She misses out on some great highs LOL. I agree that most strains do have one. For most it is plenty high so it doesn't matter. Even the great ones can have them.

I have a old White Russian that has no ceiling. It runs in the 20% THC range. There is no ceiling that I have every been able to find anyway. Puts you down way before that I have tried. Its not going to happen by accident or anything. You have to keep smoking. When I only grew one or 2 strains it was my go to weed. A little was great for day times. Then in the evening you just smoked more when you wanted to put your self to sleep. Over the course of a few joints in the evening you melt just like the old poster.

Yeah I gotta try more strains with this kind of thing in mind. I recently tried out ACE's Panama x Malawi for a while, and it was one that was advertised as having no ceiling, but most of the time it seemed like it would only get me to one level. Then again I can't really smoke as much at one time as I used to. A couple a bowls at a time is all my lungs will take.

Back
Top Bottom