What is the FIM pruning technique?

unfortunately, i can't post pics, too n00b. but its a little leggy cause when i got her, i was cautious of lowering the lights too close, maybe 4-5 inches away at max. now the light is right on top, within an 1 inch or so. these are just the top branches, an inch below is normal. maybe three stems are acting weird.

unfortunately, i can't post pics, too n00b. but its a little leggy cause when i got her, i was cautious of lowering the lights too close, maybe 4-5 inches away at max. now the light is right on top, within an 1 inch or so. these are just the top branches, an inch below is normal. maybe three stems are acting weird.

Sounds like it's showing maturity to me.
How old is it?
Flowering or even in flowering light cycle, yet?

Simply a natural genetic expression particular to your strain - we all gotta express ourselves....

To help increase your net lighting available you can also do side lighting w/ multiple cfm bulbs - bath the ladies in light, provide love and nutrients and you'll get back more then you give'em.....

:Rasta:

Just attempted FIM for the first time. Interested to see how it works out.

Check out my grow if you please!

exquisite,
from what I understand about FIMing, which can yield up to 8 branches from this technique, so it should really only be done once. Best suited for short grow areas and SOG growing. More than that would be a waste of energy for the plant you are growing.

As for topping, probably no more than two times before flowering, which will depend on the plant's speed of growth and recovery.

I just used this exact technique to get an Auto Flowering plant to really bush out and slow down on it's bud development.. and it worked just awesome.. and yes. it stands for FU_K I MISSED... found on accident when a growers long scissors clipped the top of another flower and he just thought he screwed up his plant.. insert tears here... lol. However, the end results turned out amazing and walla.. a new form of LST was formed. I use it all the time with great luck to control the height of photo period plants too.. cheers

How many times can you "FIM" a plant?
when do you "FIM" what day or week?
My clones are about 5 or 6inches now and rooted well in rock wool. under 24 hr lights and going into bloom room next week to 12 hr schedule. any info would be great people. thanks to all

How many times can you "FIM" a plant?
when do you "FIM" what day or week?
My clones are about 5 or 6inches now and rooted well in rock wool. under 24 hr lights and going into bloom room next week to 12 hr schedule. any info would be great people. thanks to all

You can safely FIM twice. Do it after 4 sets of leaves have formed. Leave them in VEG until the new shoots have three sets of leaves (this is also the time to FIM a second time if you wish).

Back
Top Bottom