What is the FIM technique?

I don't think that there would be anough material to survive the attempt to root. The top looks pretty small. I don't know, just guessing...

How late can you FIM?

Was just wondering when the latest one could FIM would be? Have heard/read should not do it within a week of flowering and others say can do it right up to about a week after flowering cycle has started. I suppose the obvious answer is better to get all pruning done before flower, but I have 2 plants 2 days into flower I'd like to FIM. Any thoughts?

Re: How late can you FIM?

Was just wondering when the latest one could FIM would be? Have heard/read should not do it within a week of flowering and others say can do it right up to about a week after flowering cycle has started. I suppose the obvious answer is better to get all pruning done before flower, but I have 2 plants 2 days into flower I'd like to FIM. Any thoughts?

I wouldnt try to damage a ready to bloom plant, but others that have done it hopefully will chime in with the results, I FIM'ed two weeks prior to flower, but I didnt really see any results, but Im not sure I did it correctly, this method would be a lot easier when the plants a a little smaller, and they can be handled easier, mine were too big and I couldnt work on them very easy....

I did supercrop a week after flower, to keep the height down, and it worked very well, new growth is doing well,

Re: How late can you FIM?

I wouldnt try to damage a ready to bloom plant, but others that have done it hopefully will chime in with the results, I FIM'ed two weeks prior to flower, but I didnt really see any results, but Im not sure I did it correctly, this method would be a lot easier when the plants a a little smaller, and they can be handled easier, mine were too big and I couldnt work on them very easy....

I did supercrop a week after flower, to keep the height down, and it worked very well, new growth is doing well,

Thanks! That's very helpful.

2009-11-04_03.jpg

haha and arnold schwarzenegger is 6 foot 3 yea right that is so easy to spot.

FIM is good on bushy plants like blueberry its really good on or euphoria i'm sure

you know now that you mention this... it makes me think that a plant I was intending on topping, I actually FIMed. The thing has about 6 top shoots right now... its beautiful! Definitely going to continue to work on this strategy.

Well I'll be. Apparently in all my reading and video watching before starting my first grow, did not place enough of an emphasis on FIM, Topping, or LST techniques, and kind of wishing I had, especially to experiment with! I did successfully top one plant, but it turned out to be one of my hermies...
:thanks::ganjamon::peacetwo:

Another fine technique to keeping the plant small and bushy is supercropping.
Its when you crush the membrane on the branch(kinda leaving the branch dangling,itll repair itself quick and force lower growth.I use this when my plant starts getting too tall.Or if im growing multiple strains

Ya Ive read about that, pinching the stem until you feel it crush every so slightly or what not.

So are you suppose to FIM just the top of the plant?

Dude you find out, let me know, I still dont know wtf to do about this topping or FIMming.

Looking to start a batch of autoflowers and would love to try it on these guys, or else Ill just screw around with LSTing. Thanks all!

from what i,ve heard fiming is cutting the the top leaves but leaving some of the leaves on, so you just want to leave a little bit on the stem. from what i've read fiming works better than cutting the top off completly

2 weeks ago i put a feminized super silver in my hydro setup. first setup but i have researched for hours on end! but i cleaned the resivior out today and there was some white muck in it? no light gets to it an it is constantly circulating. temp stays at 68 in water and i put some h202 in also so i dont know what this muck is? the plant is only 2 and a half weeks old from time i started seed and is bout inch half big

2 weeks ago i put a feminized super silver in my hydro setup. first setup but i have researched for hours on end! but i cleaned the resivior out today and there was some white muck in it? no light gets to it an it is constantly circulating. temp stays at 68 in water and i put some h202 in also so i dont know what this muck is? the plant is only 2 and a half weeks old from time i started seed and is bout inch half big

Sh!t, Id like to know what this muck is as well, just to try and have most of my bases covered for my DWC grow..

Any luck Jman?

OK so If I was to grow bubba kush, blue widow, and dairy cow, which do you guys n gals think will need FIM'ing or super cropping?

This is interesting :)
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom