What is the longest flowering time on your 12/12 from seed?

Ganjagrowergu

I have never completed a 12/12 from seed grow. I hear lots of stuff about how fast the turnover time is. I'm currently running some Columbian red point crosses at day 50 from sprout.
I know that I am probably at least 40-60 days out from harvest. I guess I am just curious if anyone has had a ridiculously long flowering sativa under 12/12 from seed schedule... Results?

PS, I'm glad I am doing this lighting schedule because I was starting to run out of head room, they are tall (no LST or top or fim or defoliation). A couple have real nice main colas the others are kind of growing like wild sativas.

you could try cutting your lighting a little. I run my lights on 11/13 so the sativas finish better. I was trying to think if I’ve grown any pure sativas 12/12 from seed - but I haven’t. I’ve always vegged them under 18/6 for at least a couple weeks. The only difference really growing 12/12fs is that they get less daylight during their veg phase so you might end up with shorter plants.
Since 12/12 is normal year-round lighting for an equatorial plant sometimes it’s good to knock the day length back an hour or two if they’re dragging their feet.

Everyone loves pics! We can give you a better idea on timeline...
Sorry, my phone stopped being able post pics at like day 21, it's old.... My strains are f1 nearly pure sativa so I don't have any time frame in mind, except maybe 90-120 days. I have patience. Lol
I am more looking for what kind of flowering times others have had for the heavy sativas.

you could try cutting your lighting a little. I run my lights on 11/13 so the sativas finish better. I was trying to think if I’ve grown any pure sativas 12/12 from seed - but I haven’t. I’ve always vegged them under 18/6 for at least a couple weeks. The only difference really growing 12/12fs is that they get less daylight during their veg phase so you might end up with shorter plants.
Since 12/12 is normal year-round lighting for an equatorial plant sometimes it’s good to knock the day length back an hour or two if they’re dragging their feet.
I've read a lot about that. I flowered one crop of 2-3 different strains on 10/14 cycle a couple years ago, they seemed to finish fast, but I never grow the same strains thus I have no baseline of my own...
Currently I have a kritical kush seedling in the same tent and I worry (not sure why) about the sativa light cycle.
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to shave off an hour. Maybe I will wait til day 60 so the baby has a couple more 12 hour days.

I haven’t grown any Columbian weed- some Panama and Honduran sativas but those were reasonably short flowering like 12 weeks or so.
I grow indicas too that’s why I figured 11/13 was a happy medium. Less light does reduce yield so I don’t want to go lower than that.
I have an Ethiopian and a couple Golden Tiger crosses in flowering now. GT x Thai Stick. The GT is a cross of Thai and Malawi, and Thai Stick i crossed it with was straight Thai.
The GT mom took 14 weeks to flower- Thai Stick was around 16. The two GTxs I have in now were vegged for 7 weeks- are eight+ weeks old now and haven’t sexed yet. I expect trouble vertically.

I know, it seemed like stretch was over but they are still creeping vertically, just a little bit at a time. I only have a 60" ceiling and limited footprint. Raised one light again today.
Hoping my chocolate Thai x Columbian red point pollen took well on my purple zebra x Columbian red point, because that purple zebra is stinky stuff and has Thai in it's lineage, can't have the tent open for very long without my home smelling like a greenhouse. Lol.
I've never messed with any "real" sativas.

Everyone loves pics! We can give you a better idea on timeline...
Just for you, best quality I can get, I'm always in a hurry

Back
Top Bottom