What is the problem with my seedling?

Buy all the FF or AN you could want but know what your getting is mostly :

Water. And some chemicals! But mostly water.

Make your own and keep your money.

Good luck comrades.

Vlad

What he could do is add garden lime to his mix to fix the problem, then still cancel the pen. All sorts of opinions on the matter. The company even states it's "Perfect for containers and ready to use right out of the bag. Ocean Forest® is pH adjusted at 6.3 to 6.8 to allow for optimum fertilizer uptake. There’s no need for nitrogen fertilizers at first; instead try an organic blend like FoxFarm Big Bloom® Liquid Plant Food to encourage strong branching and a sturdy, healthy growth habit."

Doesn't state you need a ph pen to use their soil. Ready to use right out of the bag.

All types of opinions, read below.

foxfarm soil and pH?

Experience with FFOF tells me to the contrary.

I used FFOF with both tap at 8.2 and straight distilled. Even with my tap at 8.2 I ended up with FFOF going down into the 5's. Yes, I pH my nutes. Even pH'ing to 7 I still ended up in the 5's. Sometimes things just happen and a pH pen is the tool you need to same you.

FF says whatever they want on the bag but every bag or batch of soil will be different. Especially if stored out in the weather. In my case I believe the peat moss broke down very prematurely and shot me way acidic. Cancelling an order for a pH pen is a big no no. A good pen is an essential tool for anyone to have.

Back
Top Bottom