What size exhaust and intake for 5x9 tent

Intake should be passive. No fan/blower needed for the intake. What is the height of the grow area? Let's assume 6 feet for now. 5x9x6=270cuft. It is generally recommended to be able to completely exchange the air in a grow area every two minutes. So you would need approximately 135 CFM blower to accomplish this however there is much more to account for. If you're using air-cooled lights and a filter on the blower and I mean any filter especially a carbon filter you want to add about 25% and air-cooled lights usually add 5 to 10% and if you were in a climate that can get fairly warm usually want to add about 15%. So it's actually a wise thing to go with a blower with at least the same cubic footage as your grow area. I would go with a blower in the 300 CFM range at minimum. This means for your area pretty much any of the six in grow room blowers should cover 300 CFM or more. I believe if you run the 4-inch you would probably end up in trouble heatwise. A six inch blower should handle anything you need. You can also get them adjustable so you can turn them down a little as needed. Your blower should suck air from the passive intake and exhaust outside of your tent.

Back
Top Bottom