Love to get some opinions on LED brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

EBKong

I'm working to set up a new perpetual flower tent. I ordered a 5x9 tent from gorilla grow tents last night. I also went for the height extension so it'll be 8'11.

Planning on doing a 4x8 grow in the space, I thought it might be nice to have a little wiggle room. I'm going to be using a light mover and I've been mostly looking at the Perfect Sun 1000 from LEDRF.

I'd love to hear some other options about what you guys would do if you had a $1500 budget for LED.

I am old school, HPS air cooled sealed hood, og nanolux series dimmable, inline fan to cool light down and carbon filter incorporated and a scrubber filter on your floor with 4 inch inline fan and ducting for all of it. Insulated if possible

Sent from my SM-J320P using 420

If LED is your thing then MARS Hydro are your best for the buck. But thats just opinion also like to add cfl for white light with my LED. But again all my opinion

Budmaster makes excellent products, In the UK using premium Osram and Citiled LED chips.

If LED is your thing then MARS Hydro are your best for the buck. But thats just opinion also like to add cfl for white light with my LED. But again all my opinion

Thanks for the input ken! I have 4 of the mars reflector 144s, they seem to be doing the trick but I feel like there's probably something better out there

For 1500 bux you could build a hell of a cob array and have something better than u could buy premade.

Sent from my android from outer space!

I was reading a bit about that stuff last night but I was admittedly in over my head. I was reading some other reviews about the 24w bulbs that taotronics makes and I was thinking about what that might look like as well-25 bulbs wired up. I'll have to do some more research about the cob. Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I was reading a bit about that stuff last night but I was admittedly in over my head. I was reading some other reviews about the 24w bulbs that taotronics makes and I was thinking about what that might look like as well-25 bulbs wired up. I'll have to do some more research about the cob. Thanks for the reply!

I didn't know anything thing about them (or growing for that matter) until a couple weeks ago when I decided I wanted to try. I was originally going to go with a mars hydro light, was thinking a Mars Pro II Epistar. I had looked into COBs and decided it looked to hard, but someone urged me to give it another chance and I'm glad I did. Since then I've spent many nights reading about them (mostly the RIU LED forum) and just ordered all the parts for my 400W COB build.

You will pay a bit more upfront for equivalent wattage, but the quality along with the ease of expansion and repair blow the pre-built chinese LED out of the water. Unlike the rather loud chinese built LEDs, most COBs builds these days use passive cooling so there is also no noise and no fans to wear out.

If you are in the USA I would definitely recommend it because they have the easiest time sourcing them. You can also buy cob kits with or without a frame from a variety of sellers, Timber seems popular right now, or the growMau5 kit if you are close to australia. They are basically as easy as assembling a computer from parts.

I'd recommend watching growMau5's introductory videos on youtube, after watching them I went from from being overwhelmed to convinced I wasn't going to use anything else for my setup.

I didn't know anything thing about them (or growing for that matter) until a couple weeks ago when I decided I wanted to try. I was originally going to go with a mars hydro light, was thinking a Mars Pro II Epistar. I had looked into COBs and decided it looked to hard, but someone urged me to give it another chance and I'm glad I did. Since then I've spent many nights reading about them (mostly the RIU LED forum) and just ordered all the parts for my 400W COB build.

You will pay a bit more upfront for equivalent wattage, but the quality along with the ease of expansion and repair blow the pre-built chinese LED out of the water. Unlike the rather loud chinese built LEDs, most COBs builds these days use passive cooling so there is also no noise and no fans to wear out.

If you are in the USA I would definitely recommend it because they have the easiest time sourcing them. You can also buy cob kits with or without a frame from a variety of sellers, Timber seems popular right now, or the growMau5 kit if you are close to australia. They are basically as easy as assembling a computer from parts.

I'd recommend watching growMau5's introductory videos on youtube, after watching them I went from from being overwhelmed to convinced I wasn't going to use anything else for my setup.

I was just on the Timber website! Pretty slick stuff, even their preassembled rigs are pretty tempting.

I really try my best to support American made or assembled when possible so that's another plus.

Did you order a 400 watt kit through timber or go a different route? You've made some really good points about the pros of the COB. Thank you!

I am old school, HPS air cooled sealed hood, og nanolux series dimmable, inline fan to cool light down and carbon filter incorporated and a scrubber filter on your floor with 4 inch inline fan and ducting for all of it. Insulated if possible

I used to be old school till i learned how good LEDs are

Autoflower420

Mars are cheap no where near best

Autoflower420
They aren't the best, but the best for the buck. .. a 300 watt costs 80 bucks
3920bb6a1928a942b17da2b3ce35cd79.jpg

I guess i am old school and stick with HPS 1000 watt Super-lux bulb with air cooled sealed hood. ... but i love the results. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom