Capn style LED

ColdEskimo

So I've found this awesome forum researching info for a grow I'd like to start, I'm in Alaska and want to keep it legal, 6 plants total and only 3 can be in flower, so I've read the capns 10oz a plant perpetual and easy hydro threads and that seems like a great way to go,
I'm planning on a 4x8 flower area and I want to go with leds instead of two 600 hps that the capn used, one for each plant in a scrog set up, so there is a lot of mixed opinions regarding LEDs according to what I have searched and read so far, I'm wondering if I went with Mars hydro II which of their lights would be closest to a 600hps, the 1200w has an actual wattage pull just under 600, capn style calls for the light to be on a mover over your topped and low stress trained scrog, and I've also read that more lights is better so assuming the 1200 is the equal , would that on a mover be the way or two of the 700s ?
I don't mind paying for it, but this is something I'd probably like to fork out once, unless my 50000 hours are up :D

For your nedds, an HPS light would suffice for a fraction of the cost. LED lights do not give the same quantity of light, albeit the quality of light is better... In the end it has been proved that light quality is not as important as light quantity when talking about photosintesys.

As far as the question about multiple lights vs. one light: more lights are better (assuming they total to the same wattage). This is because when you use one light, the light is all coming from one point, so you have "shadows" or lower light areas on the other sides of the buds/leaves/etc. When you use multiple lights, you can spread the light more evenly, as it is coming from multiple directions. These "shadows" are greatly reduced when you use a light mover, since the light source is moving.

Back
Top Bottom