Chem Dog - Capn Style Lightweight Rookie Challenge

Chem Dawg Capn Style Lightweight Rookie Challenge 1 month veg (10/11/14)

20141012_152249.jpg

Foliar Spray!

20141012_155057.jpg

Do you add silica in your regimen? The stems will be more forgiving and pliable if yes

I do not. I use Cogo's Original 1 part cannabis Formula, OG tea veganic special scauce as a drench and foliar feed. Also I foliar once and a while with humic acid and 100% Soulable Kelp extract durring flowering. My regular Regimen is Cogo's at 5.5 ml per gallon durring veg and OG tea as a drench and foliar.Spraying and drenching every four days and changing res once a week.

Silica is an amendment that some use with their basic feeds I wont be using it till roughly a week before I want to start bending, but it is said to also strengthen immunities and the like. Not knowing the Cogo's, I'd guess it to be an organic nutrient by the language used, and I found out the hard way (AG too) that chemical ferts and organics don't jive well in the same sauce. If you are using organics, you might want to browse around to see if there's an organic amendment that has some silica in it. It's also a good substitute for PH up as it is very alkaline.

Wow, those numbers are insanely high. If I did GH Armor Si @ 10ml/gal, it would take battery terminal corrosion to bring the PH down a bit. Be careful with anything that buffers PH to an extreme. You might end up killing it with PH down making your media unstable PH wise.

As far as the leaf you showed, can we see other leaves or the rest of the plant it came from? My first thought was a potassium (K) deficiency because of the papery dry look, but your higher RH would make (K) the less likely culprit.

Yes I will post some more pictures tomorrow I would appritiate any tips I can get. As far as the silica its 5ml/gallon not 10. 10 ml/gal is what I am feeding with my nutes then I added 5ml per gallon of silica to bring my ph to 5.5, Cogos brings my RO water down to 2.7ph. Then I bufferd up with the silica at 5ml/gallon. Thanks for the reply sky! I will get those pictures up soon. In the pictures above its the plant to the right its hard to see in those pictures though because its only on the lower leaves. I have done some research on it and it looks to be (P) deficiant. I know thats not likley in veg but it shows all the signs of it. I was showing some (N) toxicity a little while back, dark green leaves and I was getting the "CLAW" effect on some of the leaves but that didnt explain the dieing off of leaves towards the bottom. Well I appriciate the help I will post pictures asap.

If you had big floppy very green leaves & now lower leaves yellowing, that is nitrogen burn (too much).

Why are you foliar feeding? Little benefits, lots of risks.
Drooping leaves, foliar feeding, yellowing from bottom up, all sounds like a root problem possibly too.
If you kept it too wet & then overfed, you can cause that our root rot (which I doubt) but check.

Superthrive & light flush, back off the N is my opinion without more info.

Good post Cajun! LN, what is the PPM you're currently feeding? If the strain is Sativa dom, I'd think just general nute burn b/c the unaffected leaves have a nice shade of green, especially if silica is being used, but I've found my WW/Sk#1 was a bit fussy with higher concentrations and I think I finished her with less than 800 PPM.

Cajun thanks for the input man! My roots are definetly not the issue my res temps are about 68 degrees and my roots are as white as the driven snow I also only feed once per day at the moment so overwatering is not the issue. Nitrogen Toxicity is what I originally thought was my problem and I am now confident that this is the issue. The Clawing was a dead give a way for me, along with the dark green foliage. I am also starting to see a slight Calcium defiticiancy due to lockout from exsessive nitrogen. As far as the flush what is the best way to go about this? Should I flush with PH'ed pure RO water or with a light nutrient? How long should I flush for? Should I just pour 5 gallons through to waste and then change my res with a lower concentration?

Sky:

My PPM is a bit high running it around 900ppm at the moment. Im going to back it off to about 500 what do ya think?

Thank you guys so much for the help! I will be sure to follow up on this and post pics in about a week to show the progress of solving my issue here. Im suposed to go into flower on the 11th that would be the 2 month mark for this grow. But.... I think I will wait untill they recover fully before I put them in. This issue slowed growth down a bit so they could use an extra week or so anyways. .

Back
Top Bottom