Capn's Cook Off - TheCapn

TheCapn

This is the first entry to the "Capn's Cook Off". We will be doing a contest grow, and a nice prize if I can get it approved by the moderators. Winner will be decided by general member vote.

Here is my entry, although I'm not able to win my own contest ;-)

Per the contest rules, these specs are free game:
Strain - Agent Orange
Lighting - veg, 400W plantmax MH. Flower, 600W Apollo ($20 bulb)
Nutrients - General Hydroponics

Per the contest rules, these specs must be followed:
Light cycle - 18/6 for veg, 12/12 for flower
Grow container - various nursery pots, up to 10 gal
Grow meduim - rock wool grow cubes
Grow method - top feed hydro
Vegetative growth - now until Sept 15th
Flower growth - Sept 15th to November 15

And my entry, cut today:
Clone50.jpg

I will be posting step by step what I do with this grow from start to finish. Good luck to everyone who participates. It will be fun and a great learning experience for beginners and advanced growers too.

Hey hey front row seats lol. Heck put me down for a slot. I got all the needed parts and such just need a 1 cubic foot bag of the roockwool croutons. I will be taking cuts July 1st as I do every 1st. I will take a couple extra so I can pick a nice healthy cut to grow on. :)
Thanks for making this thread and grow off. I hope the admins will see it as a positive thing

>>>got what I need and as soon as I am done drying and reloading I will be taking cuts, so sorry I am getting behind

Sounds good, s1ling! You could also just stick a clone in some rockwool if you want to get it going now. Your cloner will probably catch up with mine anyway.

>>>Subscribed...will all competing grows be journaled in this thread or will each have their own journal?

If several people get in we will need to do separate journals. If it is just a few of us, then we can put them all in one.

I would have to rinse the soil off of any clones I have at the moment, I am almost ready to transplant the 9 OG's and reload the tent, that day I am hoping to take 2 dozen cuts and then I will be able to have an entry veg'n. Ten days later.
Here is a pic of my croutons and the Watering ring that will be my top feed delivery system, I'm not sure how good of a job it will do saturating the entire air pot and its grow cubes. I am thinking if I have ot water long enough say 15 mins ON it ought to have enough time to get all the cubes wet. From what I remember using RockWool back in the day it does a good job soaking up the water/food solution
DSCN05837.JPG

Yo waz up Capn?
I am in the middle of veg on a similar idea , my medium of choice -hydroton
Lurch Farms #3 journal for more details
I got an entry or two for ya to choose from.
HCO Sour diesel #11 - seed 3 "tall
was told Grape ape clones 8" tall
or
choice of bag seed stait to 12/12 and reverted for a 30-60 day reveg 12" tall at the moment
I love the lst training and feel confident in my use of this method.
:peace:
PS.
I just reread the rules must use rockwool cubes.
guess I'll just go see if it will work any way haha I love watchin grass grow

Hey Lurch, I would love you have you join us. The reason for rockwool, is to be able to irrigate less times per day. Those plants look great, any one of them would work; I would love to see you grow the sour D with this method. If you want, go grab a bag of rock wool grow-cubes and get cookin! You could transplant into the cubes now. You could even mix in some hydroton as long as you don't need to irrigate more than 6 times a day.

Either way, I subscribed to your journal, and I'll be looking forward to see how it goes.

I have started my cap'n style top feed/rockwool grow cube grow yesterday. I want us to all see what the OG Kush I have been journaling this year can do with The Cap'n style of growing, Figured it would be only fair as we know what I can get out of my "Reserva Privadas" OG Kush and all my other choices are strains I haven't flowered out yet so we should easily see the difference this type of "Simple Hyroponics" system can provide. I haven't figured out my lighting yet and still havent got a place for it but for now will put it right next to other clones vegging. I put it in a new one gallon poly grow bag and ph'd it to 5.8 and added 4ml's of grow a and b and a tiny 2ml of the B Vitamin supplement. 235 ppm. For the next week I will water it by hand when I am there and hope for the best. I have most of the stuff I need to get it fully automated, just waiting on 1/2 non-clear poly tubing.
The OG Kush cut got really beat up in the turbo kloner but with the great roots it has it should recover nicely and veg enough to show some results. I will take a bunch of pics and when we decide where to journal everything I will put it in there proper.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom