The Capn's Simple Hydroponics Cook Off - Goal: 1lb Indoors - Journal

I'd love to hear about others growing cap'n style in the background, there's got to be others.
Im already prepping my plant for my third cap style grow, hopefully I won't go retarded with the timer on this one. I had that extra clone I took in the beginning and vegged it another month and was waiting to pull it out at the end and smash the cap'n but its pump had to be on that timer too. See what I get for thinking that way, negative energy of any kind in the garden is a no no around here, just how i do it. Like shotta said in one of his vids this is how i do and I don't care what you think or something like that haha
Thank God the third tray with four plants was on its own timer.

I cut off a few branches so far. These pictures demonstrate the POWER of SCROG, 600W of light, and "doin it capn style"

20131006_221658.jpg

Hey cap! Im sure your fingers would stick to the keyboard about now haha.
I know this might sound a little Taboo but if one growing this strain or one similar were to cut off those Long tops that force you to raise the lamp, off, I'd bet that chunky middle part of the branch would be even heavier. I think it would be best to leave the top screen off and take a top or two each day once they show themselves. There's got to be a grower out the somewhere thats at that stage and if they removed it I think there harvest weights would be significantly more.
If you look at the pic and right around ten inches if that wasn't there look what would be the canopy? :)
$.02 Friday :):high-five:

I know this might sound a little Taboo but if one growing this strain or one similar were to cut off those Long tops that force you to raise the lamp, off, I'd bet that chunky middle part of the branch would be even heavier. I think it would be best to leave the top screen off and take a top or two each day once they show themselves. There's got to be a grower out the somewhere thats at that stage and if they removed it I think there harvest weights would be significantly more.
If you look at the pic and right around ten inches if that wasn't there look what would be the canopy? :)

s1ing, if Capn' topped those branches, would the plant try to produce 2 new shoots per branch?
If yes, would this stunt production in other areas to heal?
Also, what is your view on super cropping those light blockers in that situation?

s1ing, if Capn' topped those branches, would the plant try to produce 2 new shoots per branch?
Also, what is your view on super cropping those light blockers in that situation?

Thats a good question, I dunno? I am feeling if it were after stretch no. Would be awesome to see :) can you imagine what the minds would've turned into fit he light was focused on them?
So whats going on with your seedlings are they plants now? I will head over to see what your doing, not much to do till the lights kick on later. Its calling for rain but I feel the snow right around the corner. Im cold and lazy and I left my laptop charger at home so no hangover three darn it!

Thats a good question, I dunno? I am feeling if it were after stretch no. Would be awesome to see :) can you imagine what the minds would've turned into fit he light was focused on them?
So whats going on with your seedlings are they plants now? I will head over to see what your doing, not much to do till the lights kick on later. Its calling for rain but I feel the snow right around the corner. Im cold and lazy and I left my laptop charger at home so no hangover three darn it!

Snow? South of the border?

I'd love to hear about others growing cap'n style in the background, there's got to be others.
Im already prepping my plant for my third cap style grow, hopefully I won't go retarded with the timer on this one. I had that extra clone I took in the beginning and vegged it another month and was waiting to pull it out at the end and smash the cap'n but its pump had to be on that timer too. See what I get for thinking that way, negative energy of any kind in the garden is a no no around here, just how i do it. Like shotta said in one of his vids this is how i do and I don't care what you think or something like that haha
Thank God the third tray with four plants was on its own timer.

You can't smash the capn! After hearing this, I'm going to need to up my game! And see what I'm saying? There's a 2nd and third tray... you're holding out on us.

I agree 100%, I should have cut those off. Those tall shoots were like little umbrellas, shading stuff below, and there wasn't much to speak of on these tall ones. Next time I get a strain like this, I'm cutting these off, or better yet, just top them in the first week when I see them start shooting up.

Well, I could have cut them off a couple weeks into flower when things stopped stretching and vegetative growth slowed down. It wouldn't have created two buds below if I waited. Would it slow the plant down? Maybe a tiny bit. This strain is just so weird how it grows. But the smoke is FINE. Super cropping them... (bending them over) would have just shaded a different area. I suppose you could do it if you needed to fill a blank spot.

Did I mention this plant was flowered with a $20 Apollo HPS 600W bulb? Not too shabby. I think I'll get one more flower out of it and then get another one.

Here's me this morning:

[video=youtube;B9S5jQwoVx8]
[/video]

:rofl: hahahaha That killed me bro!

>>> Did I mention this plant was flowered with a $20 Apollo HPS 600W bulb? Not too shabby. I think I'll get one more flower out of it and then get another one.

Nice to know I chose this brand as well. I think I will be upgrading to the 600w come next growing season!

Aw c'mon S1ing, the suspense is killing us. Start a new journal or something so we can check that girl out :lot-o-toke:
Yeah your probably right. I am a perfectionist or sort of and when its not just right I shy away from showing. I think showing and explaining what happened is in order and could help another later from having to go thru it also
DSCN10296.JPG

Hey voodoo here's the suprise and im dedicating it to you, my patient friend:goodjob:

Almost forgot to properly introduce you to my Reserva Privada OG KUSH named "Tiny"
Shes under 2000 watts and in a 15 gallon super roots airpot veg time was just shy of three months
Shooting for 32 zips, dried and trimmed up, stems off!

Yeah your probably right. I am a perfectionist or sort of and when its not just right I shy away from showing. I think showing and explaining what happened is in order and could help another later from having to go thru it also
DSCN10296.JPG

Hey voodoo here's the suprise and im dedicating it to you, my patient friend:goodjob:

Almost forgot to properly introduce you to my Reserva Privada OG KUSH named "Tiny"
Shes under 2000 watts and in a 15 gallon super roots airpot veg time was just shy of three months
Shooting for 32 zips, dried and trimmed up, stems off!

Bloody Hell :amen:

I'll take a pic tonight when the lights come on.
Im totally gun shy when it comes time to open the door, esp. When I've been gone one night. I don't stay away two nights in a row anymore, kinds sux but the error wouldn't have done damage if I was there.
I've got a tray with four "cookies" that will be flushing come Monday. I'll start a journal of whats all going on soon. I know I promised before and im sorry for breaking it. Another thing thats been bothering me.

S1ing, are you growing in cubes?

Back
Top Bottom