What size light should I use

blk92mustang

Hello, I'm thinking of growing in my bedroom closet a couple plants. The growroom would 3.5ft x 3ft x 4ft hight. The height is the lowest I would want the light to hang.

I would plan on growing from 1-3 plants. I would want them to stay under 30 inches tall including the height of the pot. I am concerning about heat in the closet, I can not put any exhuast in it, only open the door to control the heat when the light is on.

Can I get some advice on what size light to use? I want thinking around a 250w MH or 400w MH. Is a 250w enough light? I fear the 400w would create to much heat. Does a 250w creat a lot of heat? Please give me some idea's. Thanks

With that kind of space, fluorescents are the way to go. Fluorescents give off some heat but not as much as HED lights. There are many options out there for fluorescent bulbs. You might consider hanging fluorescents both vertical and horizontal. It does not matter what size HED you have (150w-250w) your space really isn't tall enough especially without ventilation. I am not says it can't be done through variety selection and through training. I just think it would serve your space better which would give you bigger returns. Good luck

Yeah, Mustang, i know your delema. That's a tiny spot to grow. I'd go with flo. bulbs, but you'll only get leafy budd and not much of it. I have a spot 4.5 X4.5 and 6 ft high, and i'm wondering if a 400 watt hps will be enough to grow 6 plants , about 3 ft. tall ?? I wanted to try the new leds but all the long time growers say they wont work for budding. I just don't know how they can get away with saying that a 90 watt led will replace a 400 watt hps, if it's not true ?? I think the jury is out on the leds ?? I'm gonna start some seeds soon, under flo bulbs, and i will decide on a light by the time they're 4 weeks old. I want to believe the leds will work !! Ha !!! Good luck with your little grow !!

Mcbudz,
Thanks for the quuick get back !! I'm gonna have an exhaust, no matter what light i get. I'm thinking of a simple vent in the bottom and an exhaust at the top, with a carbon filter in the exhaust port. I got the feminized seeds (white widow) yesterday, and hav'nt even got the medium yet. I wonder why Fox Farm does'nt sell in the big stores around New England ?? I guess i'll go with spagnum, perlite, and worm castings, if i can find castings, and a little lime. I have always grown in the outdoors, but between the people that steal, and the helicopter cops, and my old legs, it's drove me inside. Ha !! The economy is in a termoil, but they got fuel to fly around harrassing people !! The last plant i grew inside was in L.A. in 1961. We grew it in an old toilet bowl, and sit it on the balcony during the daylight hours. Do you know if i have to get a coolable hood, or can i get by without it ?? I see some 400 watt lights are $200 or more and some are $100, so i'm just wondering. If i germinate now, the temp. in my space with need a small heater or heating pad. I was hopeing that someome would tell me the leds would work, but so far, no such advise. Will a 400 watt hps grow 9 plants or is 6 better ?? Money is tight around here. I'm retired and living on a SS check !!

Hello, I'm thinking of growing in my bedroom closet a couple plants. The growroom would 3.5ft x 3ft x 4ft hight. The height is the lowest I would want the light to hang.

I would plan on growing from 1-3 plants. I would want them to stay under 30 inches tall including the height of the pot. I am concerning about heat in the closet, I can not put any exhuast in it, only open the door to control the heat when the light is on.

Can I get some advice on what size light to use? I want thinking around a 250w MH or 400w MH. Is a 250w enough light? I fear the 400w would create to much heat. Does a 250w creat a lot of heat? Please give me some idea's. Thanks

How come you can't do exhaust?

The reason I can't really exhaust is because I'm renting a house. I can't really do any cutting or things like that. Thanks everyone for the advice and insight. It's much appreciated getting help from fellow smokers.

Back
Top Bottom