Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 400W MH

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muttt

I built a new box. It's for clones/seedlings, vegging and has an area for drying racks. The veg area is the large area on the lower left. I can't decide which size light I want to use in it. I'm thinking 400w MH ..... but, a 250w may work out ok. The area is 3ft x 3ft x 4ft tall. I'll probably go with the 400w MH .... but just wondering what others would use in the same space.

DSCF05073.JPG

So, if u mount the 400w to the ceiling of ur veg chamber u'd prolly get 3.5' from the light to the floor-- minus the pot height+plant distance from the light-- a plant a little over 2' seems plausible 2me, but... T5's/LEDs got a slimmer profile-- maybe give u couple more inches in veg height?... thats 1 nice Grobox BTW.

I think 250W would do it if it's only vegging, then they can grow taller/closer to bulb before they burn themself too.
And as said earlier; -nice build! :goodjob:

yes i would use a 250 w for veg. is fine i would also use some reflecting material that it help
have fun and really nice room

See ..... that's the same info I keep bouncing around in my head. They both make sense ..... LOL. I'll be painting the inside with white paint.

For clones, seeds and vegging in a small area like that I would go with a 4 bulb, 2 feet, T5 setup. Cheaper to run and buy, less heat and takes up less room.

I already have that in the Clone/Seedling area. The only plants I'd be putting in the vegging area would be 12 inch or taller ..... getting them ready for the move to the flowering box.

Clone area (using 2ft long dual T5's) top left side of box ................

DSCF05083.JPG

Here's the flowering box (running 600w HPS)..............

DSCF05014.JPG

I'll let this thread run just to see what others suggest. But, I've pretty much decided. I am going to use a 400w MH. If it's too high, I can always turn it down ..... since it's a dimmable ballast. That way, if I change my mind later, I can always use the light for flowering in a bigger box/tent/room.

Back
Top Bottom