What strains are you other Aussies growing?

Nice plant you got there mate! Heres my indoor hydro Sensi Star week 4 of flowering
20170827_234655.jpg

Hey man, check out vipar spectra, not the best but definitely good enough, I got close to 1G per 1watt on my first grow so I either have a green thumb or it's a decent light haha, my baby's really love the light and so do I!
2a33c6194b49d8af683fa6100245d524.jpg

I snagged a Viparspectra 300w, thats going to be my main light, I have a CFL light and a pretty piss poor LED that came with my grow tent. I knew it wouldn't be great, so I kept an eye on Ebay and managed to get the Viparspectra unit for a great price. I am on a super tight budget, so all up my entire set up has come in just over $300. Thats been great, growing my own meds is a fantastic step forward, hopefully the GSC will be as good as all the hype. I have a bit of a wish list of strains, most old school ones that I have tried in the past and loved. White Widow, Jack Herer and Northern Lights are big favourites. Your ladies look fantastic. That net - a SCROG set up ? - is it as simple as just putting the correct size netting over the girls and letting nature do its thing ? I am guessing it forces the plants to grow 'harder' to get through the gaps ? Excuse the basic questions, but this indoor stuff is all very new to me.

I've got an Aussie-centric question; does anyone use Seasol as an additive? I've been using it a bit on Coco however as this is my first indoor grow, I have no idea if it's of any benefit. I also don't know if it should be used in every feed, or once a week, or also what quantities. So I'd be interested to hear anyone's experience with it. I'm using H&G Roots Excelurator Gold but it's 12 times more expensive than Seasol (and I can get Seasol at Coles rather than waiting for H&G to be delivered after EBay purchase!) and it seems a bit similar (seaweed extract) Regards to all my fellow countrymen/women.

I use it as foliage spray.... works a treat.

Yeah mate use seasol, nitrosol, powerfeed as liquid fert. use searls Liquid postash for that blooming period, plus molasas etc.
grow in greenhouse n outdoors. Must say it makes the roots go balistic when you give it in the good amounts.

I've got an Aussie-centric question; does anyone use Seasol as an additive? I've been using it a bit on Coco however as this is my first indoor grow, I have no idea if it's of any benefit. I also don't know if it should be used in every feed, or once a week, or also what quantities. So I'd be interested to hear anyone's experience with it. I'm using H&G Roots Excelurator Gold but it's 12 times more expensive than Seasol (and I can get Seasol at Coles rather than waiting for H&G to be delivered after EBay purchase!) and it seems a bit similar (seaweed extract) Regards to all my fellow countrymen/women.

Yup use it everyday after the plant is 4 weeks old, then use differents amounts during that time, atm i have 2 speedy boom autos, 1 kickass auto and 1 pineapple Express growing all in pots all bout 6 weeks old or there abouts.
Also with seasol i use nitrosol or dynamic lifter liquid fert, potash for flowering stage with Bio diesel as well.
Use good potting mix like searls stuff.

Start of the season.. Mater Kaze outdoors this year.. got some Devil seedlings also..

IMG_017563.JPG

Just growing bag seed to start off with but waiting on some expensive beans to arrive. Not sure about the Seedbank I got them through as haven't heard them be spoken about on here...
just wondering how you fellow Aussie manage to keep temps down efficiently in our extremes :)

I'm going the bag seed route too for a first trial run, and finally got some good genetics on the grow.
If you're looking for a good seed dealer I go with Seedsman. Great selection, lots of different breeders, regulars feminized and autos, lots and lots of freebie seeds and competitions to enter. Just make sure you don't choose the original breeder packs and ask for stealth shipping and you should be fine.
As for temperatures I'm not sure personally, this is my first grow and first summer. I'm using T5's for the veg tent and LED for the flower tent so hopefully those should keep the temps down a bit. Then there's a clip-on fan in the veg tent and two in the flower tent. I'm looking at getting a floor fan for the flower tent and maybe use a tower fan in the room to try and keep temps down a bit cause there's no air-con duct into that room.

Hi all, first time here so thanks for havin me! Sorry to hijack the thread but Im looking for a quality, fast-flowering strain that will tolerate the humidity etc. up here in far north QLD. Was thinking of going with southern star's Iron duke - apparently a fire OG kush x Thai 82.. I'm not keen on o'seas seed banks as I don't want any chance of getting a knock on the door. Other Aussie seedbanks? Experiences with SSS? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all, first time here so thanks for havin me! Sorry to hijack the thread but Im looking for a quality, fast-flowering strain that will tolerate the humidity etc. up here in far north QLD. Was thinking of going with southern star's Iron duke - apparently a fire OG kush x Thai 82.. I'm not keen on o'seas seed banks as I don't want any chance of getting a knock on the door. Other Aussie seedbanks? Experiences with SSS? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Greetings Tropiclimber and welcome to 420.

I'd like to help out but don't really know the answers to what you're asking. However with a little search I found 8 Resilient Mold Resistant Cannabis Strains for Wet Climates so you can do your own reading and see what would suit you best.

As for seedbanks, I can't help out with Aussie seedbanks because I've never bought from any, however I've made 5 purchases from Seedsman and all arrived here on the West Coast of Australia safe and sound (though I've heard the East Coast can have more problems with customs), just make sure you choose the stealth option and non-original breeder packs if you do go with them.

Yantra seeds is the best! Cheapish and already inside the country, no customs;)

Back
Top Bottom