What the heck did I do to my flowering ladies?

TWINTURBODOGO

Hello everyone . .
Well I have 2 ladies in their 5th week of actual flower.
1 is Lemon Skunk (sativa)
1 is White Rhino (indica)
Botanicare KIND nutes, with Hydroguard and Orca.
Under a mix of Cree 3590 and Luminus cxm22 Cob led's.
Use half r/o and half tap.
Ph 6.3-5.8
Temps 70 to high 80's.
RH-mid 40's.

So my sativa in particular is looking strange and I'm thinking I messed her up. Along with hermie my Rhino.

About 2-3 weeks ago it got really hot here. It was over 100° for almost everyday for 2 weeks.
My ladies were on a 12/12 cycle and we're building pretty buds. But the temps were over 90 in the daytime with the lights on.
So I switched my lighting from lights on during the day to lights off during the day and on at night.

I have never had a plant look and act this way. And this is the first time I flipped the 12/12 light cycle from day to night.
I'm thinking I might have made them her stop flower and start to reveg?

I'm not sure but here are some pics of Skunk sativa
420-magazine-mobile239754925.jpg

420-magazine-mobile547822819.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1129555041.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2134733422.jpg

Thanks so much for taking time to look.

I think you answered your own question: In the midst of a period of high heat stress you turned their day/night cycle upside down. "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature!" ;)

We grow in DWC using 10g totes.
I wondered if flipping the cycle could mess them up that quickly.
But it's getting close to 2 weeks since we flipped the cycle.
The temperature was corrected with the flipping of the lights. Temps have since been in the low 80's.
But my Rhino has hermied for sure. And just haven't seen a plant act like the sativa is.

We could have a light leak on our tent and the daylight is getting in during what should be lights out?

Hello everyone . .
Well I have 2 ladies in their 5th week of actual flower.
1 is Lemon Skunk (sativa)
1 is White Rhino (indica)
Botanicare KIND nutes, with Hydroguard and Orca.
Under a mix of Cree 3590 and Luminus cxm22 Cob led's.
Use half r/o and half tap.
Ph 6.3-5.8
Temps 70 to high 80's.
RH-mid 40's.

So my sativa in particular is looking strange and I'm thinking I messed her up. Along with hermie my Rhino.

About 2-3 weeks ago it got really hot here. It was over 100° for almost everyday for 2 weeks.
My ladies were on a 12/12 cycle and we're building pretty buds. But the temps were over 90 in the daytime with the lights on.
So I switched my lighting from lights on during the day to lights off during the day and on at night.

I have never had a plant look and act this way. And this is the first time I flipped the 12/12 light cycle from day to night.
I'm thinking I might have made them her stop flower and start to reveg?

I'm not sure but here are some pics of Skunk sativa
420-magazine-mobile239754925.jpg

420-magazine-mobile547822819.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1129555041.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2134733422.jpg

Thanks so much for taking time to look.
the 24 hours of darkness triggered them to stretch fast looking for light...bad move at that stage. continue the 12 12 cycle ...add on a bunch of days to the cut down date. and expect some lanky buds near the top. ..I had this happen years ago due to power failure. they still finished though.but turned into stretch Armstrong and had some airy buds. the heat you have only make other things worse.and slows things down. but oddly enough the heat won't slow down the stretch that happens when they spend 24 hours in the dark at that stage.GFP

We grow in DWC using 10g totes.
I wondered if flipping the cycle could mess them up that quickly.
But it's getting close to 2 weeks since we flipped the cycle.
The temperature was corrected with the flipping of the lights. Temps have since been in the low 80's.
But my Rhino has hermied for sure. And just haven't seen a plant act like the sativa is.

We could have a light leak on our tent and the daylight is getting in during what should be lights out?
Flipping the cycle would kinda mess some stuff up but your temps in your res should be around 68 from what I have read. Have they always grown single bladed leaves?

Back
Top Bottom