What would ravage my pots and eat the seeds?

southflorida

OK, i acquire 4 blueberry x bigbud seeds, plant in dirt; 2 outside, 2 inside to see which pop first.. come to find the 2 outside look like their missing 1/2 their dirt and sport big cone shaped holes down in the soil. BTW one of the pots was on top of a 6ft shed.. something is fucking with me and I would like to know what I'm up against.
:thedoubletake:

Would keeping the outdoor starter pots closer to people or other potted plants help at all? I purposefully put them in remote locations around the yard for the best lighting and look what happens!

Just start them all inside and voila.....problem solved!!!!!:peace:

try putting a fence over the pot until it grows up. keep an eye on em, see anything then what MV said.

Well southflorida I guess when you throw out questions like this to where people probably think it should be common sense to what is going on and how to fix the problem so people tend to have a little fun with it! No feelings hurt just plain ole fun thats all.

No but really you can build a fence around and over it with sturdy stakes in the ground to hold against the digging claws or go down to your local hardware store and pick up some critter away. There are several different kinds and they should all be safe for an outside garden (double check tho!) and it will come in pellets at least the ones did that I have seen. Try that out if you are really set on starting and/ or growing outside and your area could have a lot of critters. I'm guessing game wire to be the best tho!

Good luck!

SM2007....:peace:

thanks for the advice signman and greenmonkey; i didn't realize so many things wanted to eat my beans right out of the ground. i originally asked this question for vengence against such a critter and make it cough up my seed.. but i guess this lesson wouldn't of made the same impact with any ol seed. i've only grown in closed environments i.e. patios, so this is news to me! :laughtwo:

:peace:S.FL

put sticky traps all around it.................;-D

that sucks tho.

I can just see birds flying all around and squirrels running around with sticky traps stuck to their feet! Should be pretty entertaining! lol Definately make them better targets for the .177 caliber pellet gun. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom