What Would You Do If You Found a Giant Bag of Weed at the Beach?

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Satellite Beach police are asking beachgoers to report any suspicious packages found along the shore following the weekend discovery of a brick of marijuana near Hightower Beach Park.

"Just report it, leave it alone and call the police," said Cmdr. Jeff Pearson of the Satellite Beach Police Department. [FloridaToday]

Yeah right. I'm sure they get calls all the time from concerned surfer dudes who found huge bags of weed and don’t know what to do. Apparently, the ocean is filled with random drugs:
Police say illegal drugs washing up on the beach happens occasionally as smugglers dump their illicit cargo into the Atlantic Ocean to escape detection from authorities.

"It's pretty common. We live on the beach in Florida and it happens," Pearson said.

And you can bet that authorities never even hear about a lot of it, because quick-thinking citizens take responsibility for disposing of the drugs on their own. Heroes.

Really though, this is just another one of those mind-numbingly absurd phenomena that would never occur if our drug policy didn’t completely suck. It requires an epic and sustained campaign of monumental idiocy to create circumstances under which events like this take place routinely. If a smelly dead fish floats ashore, that's one thing, but when large stashes of illegal drugs are just bobbing around in the ocean, it's perfectly symbolic of the enormous mess the drug war has left in its wake.

News Hawk: User: 420 Magazine
Source: StoptheDrugWar.org
Author: Scott Morgan
Copyright: 2008 StoptheDrugWar.org
Website: What Would You Do If You Found a Giant Bag of Weed at the Beach? | Stop the Drug War (DRCNet)

Good story never knew it happened. I own a condo in Destin, Florida for over 15 years now and when I go down there (I go down there a lot) I have never seen any drugs floating about in the water nor have I heard of someone finding any drugs (From buddies,ect.) If I found any weed walking on the beach in the morning I would do what a lot of people would do. Look around, grab the weed look once more, then just sit down and roll a blunt. Good story.
~Tamemoe~

back in the 80's in florida it was pretty common to have bails wash up on shore you'd also find em out in the middle of the everglades,dumped from small airplanes,we used to go out in my friends airboat looking for them,never had any luck though

i live on miami beach.. as much as i would love to say i find bags of weed everytime i take a stroll on the beach... it's never happened:(

(fingers crossed!)

I don't know what I would do, but I would like to think I could find a way to get that medicine to many needy people. Maybe open up a compassion club and that would be the start up batch? I would look for seeds and get them growing too.

I've lived in Florida all of my 33 years, and have never found a brick, nor have I ever known anyone who found a brick. And old head, I used to burn with told me he once seen an airplane drop a "package" into the Everglades while fishing, and he almost went and retrieved it, until he seen a small black speed boat rushing towards it, filled his hispanic guys of unknown ethnicity. I imagine, being alone out in the Everglade, it wasn't a very good idea to interfere with that. lol

The ocean stuff was called "sea weed" and if you got inside the parts that had gotten salt water in it, it was good.
I recall in the 70's, the out of work guys at the sky diving club out west the coast, used to talk about jumping in stuff(not weed) at night from way down south of here. These were night jumps and only lit by headlights from pickup trucks. The biggest scam was on a Sunday afternoon, when a small,local commercial fishing skiff came through the Lake Worth Inlet with bales stacked right out where every one could see. They attracted a hell of a lot of attention. From what I heard, they said that their radio was out of order,and they were just bringing it in as their civic duty. Of course, the real shipment landed somewhere else while all the LE was getting in on the act in front of the cameras. I have heard it said, that Riviera Beach had a long history of blockade running, dating back to the revolutionary war, when some loyalists came south and some went to the Bahamas and the Keys.

Back
Top Bottom