What would you do?

StimpLedNoTill

Hey guys, starting next week with 4x 15 gallon pots in no-till living soil in a 4x4x6.5 tent using 630 true Watts of led and I'm a bit concerned about keeping temp/humidity in line seeing that I won't have room in the tent for any appliances (ac, humidifer etc). It would be ideal if I could dial in temp/humidity instead of just having it within a doable range. Do you guys think it's possible to control t/h from outside the tent or am I really better off just doing 3 plants in the tent to leave room for stuff? I'm in Canada, Ontario so we got the hot summers and cold winters. Any input or advice is greatly appreciated.

It's possible to control the temp/humidity without the equipment cluttering up your tent. Use the room your tent is in as a plenum, with the air conditioning and humidity control equipment in it. Vent the tent through a window, or into another interior space.

Thank you for the reply my friend, unfortunately I cannot go lower than a 15 gallon pot for no-till living soil. It just won't work out as well.
Ah, OK, lesson learned for me. I thank you. Old Salt gives good advice if you can arrange that, otherwise three pots would be the best fit. It'll be tight in there.

It's possible to control the temp/humidity without the equipment cluttering up your tent. Use the room your tent is in as a plenum, with the air conditioning and humidity control equipment in it. Vent the tent through a window, or into another interior space.

I appreciate the reply! I was thinking that might be my best bet as well. The tent will be in a 10x10 room and it's adjacent to my living room so I could vent it out there but that's where the air is coming from in the first place lol.

Is there any way you can vent out of a window. There are designs available making this a discrete addition.

Yes there is a window right in the room but because I'm right beside a park that sees an insane amount of traffic each day I opted to keep it closed with a blackout blind covering it. I planned on using a filter so I'm not worried about smell, what I am worried about is people seeing it or perhaps hearing the fan and getting wise to the fact that I'm growing which might spark some low life's to want to break in. But if you know of a way to have this hidden while looking directly at the window then I will be beyond greatful for the help.

Happy 420 btw guys!!!

Put in a window fan. On the inside make a hood that covers it. Feed the exhaust from the tent into the hood. You don't even need to power up the fan. The exhaust will turn the blades. There, you now have a perfectly legitimate explanation for the fan noise. Put a rod in the window to keep the low lifes from raising it any further. The blackout curtain can stay. The person sleeping in the room works the night shift; right?

Put in a window fan. On the inside make a hood that covers it. Feed the exhaust from the tent into the hood. You don't even need to power up the fan. The exhaust will turn the blades. There, you now have a perfectly legitimate explanation for the fan noise. Put a rod in the window to keep the low lifes from raising it any further. The blackout curtain can stay. The person sleeping in the room works the night shift; right?

Interesting... I now feel stupid for not thinking of that myself lol. Thank you, I'm going to look into that. No one will be sleeping in that room haha, the whole thing is my grow room.

I solved the problem by adding a window air conditioner to the grow room. I mounted it on the far left side of the window and replaced the right side sealing flap with a piece of wood in which I cut holes for two perfectly normal looking air vents. This adapts down to 6" air ducts that are my fresh air intake and my hot air vent. It looks normal from the outside and with a combination of the air conditioner taking down the humidity and cooling a little extra in that room when needed, and with all the hot air going outside, I have perfect control of the grow room climate.

Back
Top Bottom