What's a decent harvest from an auto?

I'm getting 7-11 zips dry routinely, mega Crop, FFHF, Cal/mag, topping and LST. I trim leaves to keep the plant in veg longer.
IMG_20200825_150116.jpg

IMG_20200421_133141.jpg
Wait is that actually a thing? Does trimming keep. In veg longer?

Wait is that actually a thing? Does trimming keep. In veg longer?
Yes trim like 15 fan leaves when they growth spurt. Do it once a week for two weeks. Top the plant at the 6th node and LST with pipe cleaners. As long as you got good lights you'll get good yield but do it in 7 gallon smart pots (fabric).

No fancy fertilizer just Mega Crop, 2gm to a gallon as soon as they are in the fabric pot. Next gallon go to 3gm then 4 then 5 and hold at 5gm until flower then go to 6gm. Toward the end I go to 6.5gm.

Keep cal/mag handy and grab some Superthrive. 1/2 strength Superthrive every 4th watering. It prevents almost all defeciencies.

You need to use a soil like Fox Farm Happy Frog. Using a nutrient heavy soil and ramping up the nutes that fast can cause problems.

Yes trim like 15 fan leaves when they growth spurt. Do it once a week for two weeks. Top the plant at the 6th node and LST with pipe cleaners. As long as you got good lights you'll get good yield but do it in 7 gallon smart pots (fabric).

No fancy fertilizer just Mega Crop, 2gm to a gallon as soon as they are in the fabric pot. Next gallon go to 3gm then 4 then 5 and hold at 5gm until flower then go to 6gm. Toward the end I go to 6.5gm.

Keep cal/mag handy and grab some Superthrive. 1/2 strength Superthrive every 4th watering. It prevents almost all defeciencies.

You need to use a soil like Fox Farm Happy Frog. Using a nutrient heavy soil and ramping up the nutes that fast can cause problems.
7gal??? Ain't. That a bit. Overkill?

7gal??? Ain't. That a bit. Overkill?
No every auto I've put in 7 gallon makes a solid 7 gallon rootball. At 3 gal it was like 1 - 3 zips, at 5 gallon it was around 4 - 5, in 7 gallon I've gotten 7 - 11 zips consistently. I'm pretty sure the Alaskan Purple I just chopped is above 11 but the gelato og will be more like 7.

No every auto I've put in 7 gallon makes a solid 7 gallon rootball. At 3 gal it was like 1 - 3 zips, at 5 gallon it was around 4 - 5, in 7 gallon I've gotten 7 - 11 zips consistently. I'm pretty sure the Alaskan Purple I just chopped is above 11 but the gelato og will be more like 7.
Nice yields!
I only use 2-3g pots and am still able to pull 7 oz+, but I’d go huge if I had the room lol
I love superthrive too but on photos in flower it sometimes had adverse (reveg) effects for me. I suppose since autos can’t reveg it probably works fine there, obviously not affecting your end product.

Just tried autos for first time. GSCE, averaged 25g trimmed and dried per plant. Since it was my first auto just wanted to see how she grew with no training. Getting ready to start next auto grow and maybe do some lst see if yields go up.

Just tried autos for first time. GSCE, averaged 25g trimmed and dried per plant. Since it was my first auto just wanted to see how she grew with no training. Getting ready to start next auto grow and maybe do some lst see if yields go up.

The plants I just posted above were topped and trained. I have only grown autos and have found no downside to topping or training. Pretty much every one has been at least 100 grams dry. Don't believe the bro science that says you can't top autos.

Damn, ill try! How long do your autos veg for?

BTW. I'm. Outdoors, I heard Lst is useless here. I still. Do it because of space limitations tho
The autoflowering stay in veg about a week longer with trimming. Some autos like northern lights it can trigger a forest of new food leaves.

Inside or outside I'd still Top and LST, it opens the center of the plant so all the lower buds grow big. Alternatively you can tie the top cola lower than the next set of limbs.

Topping and LST break the dominance of the top cola and redistributes a hormone that makes the top bud the largest. If you can get a large number of colas to be on top they all get larger because of the hormone distribution.

Back
Top Bottom