First successful indoor grow

Spidermight

so i'm planning to switch to indoors after my first successful indoor grow. i had tried years ago to grow indoor but without success, so i stuck to outdoors

however i finally did everything right..

100w blurple

hulk berry auto (2 month auto)

mega crop only

results: 150 grams dry, so we're talking a little over 1g/W

that's good, right? do you guys think i can take harvest even more without getting a stronger light? 100w is as high as i will go for reasons.

also i heard a lot of people giving blurple a bad rep, 150g isn't bad??? that's pretty much the same as the new full spectrum LED's? don't they yield around a 1g/w?

Nice start for a journal. Will you be doing one?

Here's the link just incase.

How to answer your questions.
Yes, 1 gram per watt is a real good return for the size light you are using.

Have you ever thought about light manipulation to get the max out of your 100 watt light?
Check it out you may find it useful with a low wattage light.
I have a link somewhere, I will have to look for it.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Nice start for a journal. Will you be doing one?

Here's the link just incase.

How to answer your questions.
Yes, 1 gram per watt is a real good return for the size light you are using.

Have you ever thought about light manipulation to get the max out of your 100 watt light?
Check it out you may find it useful with a low wattage light.
I have a link somewhere, I will have to look for it.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..
ok sure - let me have that link

you're talking about lst etc?

glad to hear i got a "good" result by using a low wattage light and mega crop only... goes to show that simple sometimes can be better than having a 1000's supplements and monitoring everything

a lot depends on the size of your grow area and how many plants you want to run. there are loads of alternatives in the 100 - 150w range if you want to upgrade from the burple.

burple lights rely on older diode tech. the diodes in those fixtures will degrade a touch faster and lose in the neighbourhood of 10-15% efficiency per year till they bottom out in about five yrs.

some of the loss occurs in the drivers, and some in the emitters. fixtures with newer white light emitters lose less efficiency, the majority of the loss occurs in the drivers over time. i have returned white light fixtures to near 100% for several folk by simply upgrading the driver.
it makes for a much more cost effective light over time. this is not usually doable in a burple light.

you will also find plant development and trichome production will go up under white light.

a lot depends on the size of your grow area and how many plants you want to run. there are loads of alternatives in the 100 - 150w range if you want to upgrade from the burple.

burple lights rely on older diode tech. the diodes in those fixtures will degrade a touch faster and lose in the neighbourhood of 10-15% efficiency per year till they bottom out in about five yrs.

some of the loss occurs in the drivers, and some in the emitters. fixtures with newer white light emitters lose less efficiency, the majority of the loss occurs in the drivers over time. i have returned white light fixtures to near 100% for several folk by simply upgrading the driver.
it makes for a much more cost effective light over time. this is not usually doable in a burple light.

you will also find plant development and trichome production will go up under white light.
prob gonna upgrade when this blurple gives out, thing is i have 4 more blurples i got for free (2 300w ones, 2 150w ones (real wattage)) guess it's gonna be a while t'ill i go trough all of em

Back
Top Bottom