Whats more important?

Ghosted

Im reading a lot of threads and articles about the benefits of CO2 and i really would like to use it for the exponential increase in plant growth over time but Im reading that for it to be effective you must use it in an air tight room and that if you have an active ventilation system its completely pointless because the CO2 is being taken out as fast as its put in. So is there a happy medium between the two or must you choose to have good air flow or use CO2. If you had to choose which one would be more beneficial?

Your CO2 timer should be set to run during lights off hours when your vent fan is most likely off as well. Happy medium found...

Im reading a lot of threads and articles about the benefits of CO2 and i really would like to use it for the exponential increase in plant growth over time but Im reading that for it to be effective you must use it in an air tight room and that if you have an active ventilation system its completely pointless because the CO2 is being taken out as fast as its put in. So is there a happy medium between the two or must you choose to have good air flow or use CO2. If you had to choose which one would be more beneficial?
It's used more efficiently when the room is sealed as the CO2 is not ever pushed out of the room and other things are controlled like temp. and relative humidity. I believe most that use CO2 in vented rooms have at least the exhaust if not the intake and exhaust shut off along with the use of dampers during a desired CO2 period of time or until climate levels become too high.
Your CO2 timer should be set to run during lights off hours when your vent fan is most likely off as well. Happy medium found...
I thought the plants didn't need CO2 at night...What good is this doing?

My botany is a bit rusty but as I recall, during the day while photosynthesis is the dominant process in leaves, carbon dioxide is taken up from the air and used in the process of making sugars. At night, when photosynthesis does not occur - no sunlight for energy - respiration does occur, which gives off carbon dioxide. On balance, though, plants take up much more carbon dioxide in photosynthesis than they give off in respiration.

CO2 is run during the lights on cycle. You can run with a ventilated room and see results worth doing. What you have to do is set your exhaust on a timer to shut off while you saturate the room to a level between 1500ppm to 1900ppm don't go over 2000ppm it will become toxic to the plant. CO2 also help plants tolerate higher temps as well as more sugar and resin production. It will also increase stretching in your plant so if your growing a sativa you will want to control that by bending or topping your lady. I personally do four 45min controlled bursts my room temp never gets over 87 and I have averaged about a 35% increase in yield and potency but each grow is different and results may very. I have a CO2 monitor that when my room reaches 1600ppm it shuts off it takes about 3min to reach that and when it dips below it kicks on. I use a 20lb tank about every 10 days and it is not that costly to use anywhere from 9 to 11 bucks a tank.
:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom