What's this? Pics: More of this grow in sig

The Germinator

Growing hydro dwc. Plenty of air bubbles.
Using z7 and flora trio nutes.
Ppm 1200
Ph 5.8
Water temp 69-72
Air temp 75
600 watt mh bulb bout 20 inches away. Unvented.
30 days veg.
The top of the plant looks fine.
I used my USB microscope and can't see any critters. The bite marks are from a bug I found on it weeks ago. Sprayed with neem then.
IMG_3617.JPG
IMG_3619.JPG
IMG_3620.JPG
IMG_3621.JPG
IMG_3622.JPG

Here's the problem. Bottom leaves yellowed and have spots. The top of the plant looks great. Here's pics. Ideas?

You might have gone too heavy with the neem oil, since it can burn/stress the plants. Also, if you mixed dish soap with the neem as a surficant, some of those soaps can also have that effect. Do you have pics of the whole plant right now?

You might have gone too heavy with the neem oil, since it can burn/stress the plants. Also, if you mixed dish soap with the neem as a surficant, some of those soaps can also have that effect. Do you have pics of the whole plant right now?
The whole plant is above. Leaves look great to me. I've topped it three times.

Growing hydro dwc. Plenty of air bubbles.
Using z7 and flora trio nutes.
Ppm 1200
Ph 5.8
Water temp 69-72
Air temp 75
600 watt mh bulb bout 20 inches away. Unvented.
30 days veg.
The top of the plant looks fine.
I used my USB microscope and can't see any critters. The bite marks are from a bug I found on it weeks ago. Sprayed with neem then.
IMG_3617.JPG
IMG_3619.JPG
IMG_3620.JPG
IMG_3621.JPG
IMG_3622.JPG

Here's the problem. Bottom leaves yellowed and have spots. The top of the plant looks great. Here's pics. Ideas?

Your ppm's are too high.
If you're in early veg then your ppm's should be 300-400.
In full veg they should be at 450-700.
Cut back on the nutes and never feed them full strength.

The whole plant is above. Leaves look great to me. I've topped it three times.

Ohhhhhhh!!! I thought the top pic was supposed to be a "before" pic and the leaf shots were the "after"! Your plants look fine!

Your ppm's are too high.

While 1200 PPM sounds high, it may not be as high as you think! :rofl:

TDS meters do NOT measure PPM's - They measure Electro Conductivity (EC) and then convert that EC to a PPM reading. BUT, different meters use different conversion factors. Usually, it's either 1 EC equals 500 PPM or 1 EC equals 700 PPM. There's a third conversion I can't remember that's used less frequently.

Point is, EC is the only universal measurement and PPM's does not give an accurate measurement unless you know the type of meter and/or the conversion factor used.

:Namaste:

Ohhhhhhh!!! I thought the top pic was supposed to be a "before" pic and the leaf shots were the "after"! Your plants look fine!

While 1200 PPM sounds high, it may not be as high as you think! :rofl:

TDS meters do NOT measure PPM's - They measure Electro Conductivity (EC) and then convert that EC to a PPM reading. BUT, different meters use different conversion factors. Usually, it's either 1 EC equals 500 PPM or 1 EC equals 700 PPM. There's a third conversion I can't remember that's used less frequently.

Point is, EC is the only universal measurement and PPM's does not give an accurate measurement unless you know the type of meter and/or the conversion factor used.

:Namaste:

All I know is that when I keep my ppm's within the right range according to what my pen says I never have an issue.
So you cannot convince me that his ppm's are not too high.
It's his grow and he can do whatever he wants but pushing them like that WILL stress them out
People think that by pushing nutes through the plants at the maximum they can take is somehow going to get them fatter buds and shorter flowering times.
Buds develop at the speed that is in their genetics so pushing the plant only stresses them out.

All I know is that when I keep my ppm's within the right range according to what my pen says I never have an issue.
So you cannot convince me that his ppm's are not too high.
It's his grow and he can do whatever he wants but pushing them like that WILL stress them out
People think that by pushing nutes through the plants at the maximum they can take is somehow going to get them fatter buds and shorter flowering times.
Buds develop at the speed that is in their genetics so pushing the plant only stresses them out.

I don't need to convince anyone. Everything I said is 100% correct and I made no comment about his PPM's other than you need to know the conversion ratio to even understand how high the feeding really is. That being said, his plants aren't complaining, at all! If PPM's were too high, you'd see burnt tips! Not looking to convince - just educate! :Namaste:

BTW...the other conversion factor is 1 EC equals 640 PPM. Here's an article/chart that illustrates the difference:

EC to PPM Conversion Chart | Hydroponics

If you look carefully, 1200 PPM can be around 1.7 EC, 1.9 EC, or 2.4 EC depending on the type of meter!

Johnny know all krip.. he got some growing up to do but if willing to learn, he'll be alright :rofl:

I like how all growing conditions, lighting, temp r/h are equal everywhere, allowing all plants and strains to require the same nutritional value...

Your ppm's are too high.
I don't think it is too high. I grew the exact strain using the same math. I know many who grow over 1000 ppm.
I am only using 30mil for 4 gallons water. Here's a pic.
IMG_3627.JPG

I don't think it is too high. I grew the exact strain using the same math. I know many who grow over 1000 ppm.
I am only using 30mil for 4 gallons water. Here's a pic.
IMG_3627.JPG

Don't worry, Brother. Your plants are fine. I don't care if your PPM meter is broken and giving you wrong readings. There is NO signs of nute burn on that plant - it looks nice & healthy! :welldone:

Johnny know all krip.. he got some growing up to do but if willing to learn, he'll be alright :rofl:

I like how all growing conditions, lighting, temp r/h are equal everywhere, allowing all plants and strains to require the same nutritional value...

(and all strains!) ;)

:rofl::rofl: exactly :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom