What's wrong with my gals

Cannacaps4U2

What's wrong with my gals?
Seems like the leaves should be more solid color and darker?

First the vitals; these are "Do-si-doz" strain, clones, they are 6 weeks old. (From cutting)
The environment: 3ft x 4ft x 2 ft cabinet, two exhaust PC fans, intake vents, HLG quantum 260 LED light fixture.
They are in 3 gal smart pots, and I use Hydroponics flora grow, and flora bloom.
There is a ceramic wall heater that keeps inside temps around 70°f.

Not sure what else may be relevant.

The QB is about 20" from top of canopy, and is currently set to lowest wattage.

eJcLU6xD5cR_QrEHmmtIZVVUX_xrRqNmkirbTF27E2jSAGXBKZ.jpg

PMWfOcg77zZRLM4nHZv2gDTPLhhO5kjtIZN3SBgf9szpN68QIW.jpg

TIA
Mike

What size grow area? a 3'x4'x2' would indicate a 2' tall ceiling which is ridiculous. That is a very good light, I have the same one. You could grow 4 plants in 3 gal. pots with that light, at least 3 anyway. What kind of water are you using? What is the ph of your nutrient solution? That looks like soil, fox farm? With so little information, I would guess you are over feeding them or/and have a ph imbalance. If that is a rich soil then you should not have needed a lot, if any nutrients at this stage. I use fox farm ocean forest with 1/3 perlite mixed in and I don't start using nutes until I start flowering. If that's coco then disregard that. Bottom line is , we need more info. EDIT: I see you are using ffof so I am doubling down on nute burn and ph out of whack. Perhaps a flush with properly ph ed water is in order.

Raise the temp to 90 degrees fahrenheit? That is 32.2 celsius in case you are Canadian. Why would you say this when I spend all that money on ac to keep the temp. down to around 80f, or 26.6c. I think you are wrong but thank you for the reply. But, just to be open minded, was there any reason why you want me to raise the temp? Why do you think this will help my plant recover?

Cannacaps4U2 my other thought would be that you’re watering too often. But- since I do not use smart pots myself, I’ll leave it to other smarty pot users to chime in on that subject. In the solid pots I use it would probably be overwatering at the three or four times a week you stated. That combined with 70° temps would definitely cause issues.

If watering and temps are good- then time to dissect your feeding routine. OF is a pretty rich mix I wouldn’t think it would need much added at this stage.

Well ummm no... by raising it ten degrees I meant bringing it up to 80.

70 + 10

But if the temp you stated in post one is wrong then disregard what I said obviously.
I am sorry, I commented on the wrong grow. I had posted my own growing problem in which my temp. is 80 degrees. I will try to be more careful, thanks.

ELLISJ was on to something that needs clarifying. That is a small grow space and with the light and ceramic heater both generating BTU’s and only 2 small pc fans going and the temp is about 70 that doesn’t sound right. Point is check your gear make sure your hygrometers are accurate. Indoors it’s not enough to monitor the environment, we must control it.

I recently purchased another hygro from local shop, took it home to learn it was off by 9 degrees on temp. I carried it back and asked the store manager to watch as I opened and tested other hygrometers until I found one that was accurate when compared to the others I brought with me. Sadly I opened 14 packages until I found one that gave decent results, he was dumbfounded by my demand to test a few brand new ones but agreed once he saw the other hygrometers that I brought with me...... this is all cheaply made shit coming from China. In the end he thanked me for shopping there and couldn’t believe how defective the brand new gear was.

I don’t use fabric pots myself but watering 3 to 4 times a week can’t be good. That plant is nowhere large enough to use up water that frequently. Bet that grow bag is as heavy as can be..... it’s called lift the pot method, fill a same size bag with dry soil and use as a comparison weight, a container or grow bag filled with dry soil is light as a feather. Don’t leave the bag sitting in a puddle in the drip pan, elevate the bag on a grate or plant riser above the drip pan with fan moving air underneath. I’d say let her dry out for 5 to 7 days....

If you don’t have cal-mag in your tool bag then I’d grab a bottle, every grower needs to have some on hand. Look at the variety of digits coming from my cheapie gear.

Strictly my 2 cents, see what other replies come in...... Please keep us informed

ELLISJ was on to something that needs clarifying. That is a small grow space and with the light and ceramic heater both generating BTU’s and only 2 small pc fans going and the temp is about 70 that doesn’t sound right. Point is check your gear make sure your hygrometers are accurate. Indoors it’s not enough to monitor the environment, we must control it.

I recently purchased another hygro from local shop, took it home to learn it was off by 9 degrees on temp. I carried it back and asked the store manager to watch as I opened and tested other hygrometers until I found one that was accurate when compared to the others I brought with me. Sadly I opened 14 packages until I found one that gave decent results, he was dumbfounded by my demand to test a few brand new ones but agreed once he saw the other hygrometers that I brought with me...... this is all cheaply made shit coming from China. In the end he thanked me for shopping there and couldn’t believe how defective the brand new gear was.

I don’t use fabric pots myself but watering 3 to 4 times a week can’t be good. That plant is nowhere large enough to use up water that frequently. Bet that grow bag is as heavy as can be..... it’s called lift the pot method, fill a same size bag with dry soil and use as a comparison weight, a container or grow bag filled with dry soil is light as a feather. Don’t leave the bag sitting in a puddle in the drip pan, elevate the bag on a grate or plant riser above the drip pan with fan moving air underneath. I’d say let her dry out for 5 to 7 days....

If you don’t have cal-mag in your tool bag then I’d grab a bottle, every grower needs to have some on hand. Look at the variety of digits coming from my cheapie gear.

Strictly my 2 cents, see what other replies come in...... Please keep us informed

I agree with everything you said but you are describing Cannacaps4u2 grow, not mine. Sorry but I posted a similar problem and I got mistaken for another grow. But thanks for the reply anyway. Also, I have a box of 12 of those cheap Chinese made (by children and political prisoners) hygrometers and I know very well how off they can be.

And I just woke up and mis read your reply. You are not talking to me, I know that now. What a noob I am.

Dragged me back again.. :D yes he clearly says the lights are 20“ above the plants on low wattage - which is the only measurement that matters here really.
Basically as already said I’d assume cold temps and overwatering.
In a tiny space it will be easy to boost the temps a little- stick in an incandescent bulb/whatever.

What's wrong with my gals?
Seems like the leaves should be more solid color and darker?

First the vitals; these are "Do-si-doz" strain, clones, they are 6 weeks old. (From cutting)
The environment: 3ft x 4ft x 2 ft cabinet, two exhaust PC fans, intake vents, HLG quantum 260 LED light fixture.
They are in 3 gal smart pots, and I use Hydroponics flora grow, and flora bloom.
There is a ceramic wall heater that keeps inside temps around 70°f.

Not sure what else may be relevant.

The QB is about 20" from top of canopy, and is currently set to lowest wattage.

eJcLU6xD5cR_QrEHmmtIZVVUX_xrRqNmkirbTF27E2jSAGXBKZ.jpg

PMWfOcg77zZRLM4nHZv2gDTPLhhO5kjtIZN3SBgf9szpN68QIW.jpg

TIA
Mike
Flora micro? You got that base nutrient? It’s the purple looking one...

Thought that it might. ;)
I just woke up also. Ha ha. This had me rolling. Idk why. It’s just funny.
90 degrees fahrenheit? That is 32.2 celsius in case you are Canadian.
I don’t see any mention of the base nutrients... it’s a 3 part, and I think he’s only using the grow and bloom for some reason and definitely ain’t going by a schedule.

Back
Top Bottom