What's wrong with my gals

Ok well I like all the interest.
Let's see clarifications:
Cabinet is 4ft hi x 3 ft wide x 2 ft deep
Water is pH to 6.5 every time.
My watering schedule is every 2 to 3 days I give 3 cups of water.
I get a tiny bit of runoff every time.
I have been giving nutes every third watering, but will stretch that out quite a bit.
My shop is unheated, and my QB controller is mounted to the outside of the cabinet.

I am growing year round, so heat and AC is a battle for me.
Getting into the sweet spot for temps right now.
I'll reduce the exhaust fans, trying to raise temps.

I don't have flora micro but can pick some up.

I have been giving nutes every third watering, but will stretch that out quite a bit.
My shop is unheated, and my QB controller is mounted to the outside of the cabinet.

I win! Whahooo! Just playing, we just want to see you posting pictures of beautiful buds!

but for real for real. Since your in soil and not hydro or coco. You could Try a different nutrient program and still get the micro and try some hydro In The future...

I use FFOF, and water every 3-4 days. But 3 cups is not enough. I use close to a half gallon, and water to get 10% or so runoff. I also feed each watering with MC. I'd spread your watering out and water more when you do. And it's possible they're hungry as well. Every 3rd watering sounds lite to me. But I'm not familiar with those nutes.

I had some lower leaves start to yellow and some mid plant leaves get yellow spots. I think it was too much nitrogen. I’m using Fox Farm Happy Frog and was getting super high PPM’s from the run off. I watered the plants now twice and then give nutes (GH Flora series) at 1/2 recommended amounts for soil and plants seem happy.

Apologies for delayed reply .... I’m aware that ELLISJ replied to the wrong thread but when Cannacaps mentioned the temperature it sounded like a non-swag (non scientific wild assed guess) please understand - no disrespect intended to the original poster of course - just the way it was worded..... plus with small cabinet with only 2 pc fans going.... anywho I digress. Started to mention the hydro nute in soil thing to but had to roll out to the salt mines. Ditto on not watering properly - have you read Emilyas watering articles pinned her signature? Water them well and then wait for soil to dry out before watering again

Yeah I agree with Emilya, you should try fox farms stuff if you Gunna grow in their soil. And there’s some recommended schedules you can try....

I had some lower leaves start to yellow and some mid plant leaves get yellow spots. I think it was too much nitrogen. I’m using Fox Farm Happy Frog and was getting super high PPM’s from the run off. I watered the plants now twice and then give nutes (GH Flora series) at 1/2 recommended amounts for soil and plants seem happy.
Why would too much of something cause it to yellow? Runoff ppms in soil are meaningless, you are also measuring organic debris that percolates out of that soil. Please check your assumptions. You are giving 1/2 strength nutes and you think that yellow says happy.

Why would too much of something cause it to yellow? Runoff ppms in soil are meaningless, you are also measuring organic debris that percolates out of that soil. Please check your assumptions. You are giving 1/2 strength nutes and you think that yellow says happy.
Thanks for clarifying the measuring of percolates. I think my yellowing was from too much nutrients (soil plus what I was giving) - why I think I had some yellowing on lower leaves - so I lowered my nutrients to 1/2 recommended dose and haven’t had the yellowing like I did in veg. I’m in early flower now. 1st grow ever.

Back
Top Bottom